• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Remaster Footage

^ This dude has ZERO reasons to be excited about Halo or Gears [he trolls both threads] and yet he makes it his business to come into each thread and shit on people having fun or just hype from anticipation. Amazing fellow. No one is asking you to lose your mind, in fact, no one even asks you to post every time people are hyped about something. Yet you are still here.

If you feel MS is shitting on you, why are you still supporting them? Buy a PS4 and don't look back.

I stand by what I write, and my contributions to threads are much more meaningful than most. I fail to see how posts that are essentially shouting "BUY BUY BUY" like they're a trader on the floor of wall street are contributing anything meaningful to the discussion. In fact, I'd argue that the opposite is true. We talk a lot about how certain AAA publishers seem to be making consumer unfriendly decisions through DLC, downgrading, and promising features that don't make it into the final games. If we ever want to change the way the industry is selling these products we need to stop blindly hyping these products.

There is nothing to "support." I own multiple platforms. I care a lot about the Halo franchise and the Gears franchise which is why I post in these threads. I'm concerned about the direction of both franchises, and I think that Microsoft is potentially mismanaging both.

If Microsoft is simply releasing this game similar to products offered on Nintendo's Virtual Console (not $60), I will ultimately have no problem with this and would probably purchase. That being said, I don't see any particular reason to start the hype machine over footage that looks no different than the original game looked 9 years ago.

Free with a early GOW4 pre-order or 20 dollars. Can't see me paying more than that with H5, Tomb Raider and F6 coming out these holidays.

It's not officially announced, but at this point Microsoft knows that there is an audience that wants this game. I'm not saying that this was intentionally leaked either... I'm just questioning whether losing our minds over footage that looks exactly the same as a game that came out 9 years ago seems to be a little ridiculous... and this is coming from someone that loves the Gears franchise.

I see absolutely zero reason to be excited about this footage.

There's definitely a trend on this forum to hype the shit out of every upcoming product. The people that continue to buy substandard products from big developers do not appear to be learning anything from the past. And a whole lot of users on this forum essentially sound like viral marketers with the consistent echo chamber of positive reactions that I see posted here.

Gears of War had great multiplayer that was littered with lag and lack of functionality...

They are adding dedicated servers, a new ranking/progression system and updated the graphics to 1080p/60fps

It's might seem like a simple remaster but the fact that I will finally be able to play the original gears online and have it work as intended is enough to get me excited.

I don't care much for the campaign here it's all about the multiplayer package... Which is being completely revamped.

Having said that Halo MCC was supposed to do that for me also and we all know what happened there.

There is nothing to "support." I own multiple platforms. I care a lot about the Halo franchise and the Gears franchise which is why I post in these threads. I'm concerned about the direction of both franchises, and I think that Microsoft is potentially mismanaging both.

If Microsoft is simply releasing this game similar to products offered on Nintendo's Virtual Console (not $60), I will ultimately have no problem with this and would probably purchase. That being said, I don't see any particular reason to start the hype machine over footage that looks no different than the original game looked 9 years ago.

Whilst you may have a point on Halo and various aspects of that franchise, I feel that given we know absolutely nothing of their plans for Gears of War officially except that Black Tusk are making a new one, I don't see what their is to be concerned about.

Also, on the $60 point, Halo CEA is $40, I expect this to be the same, if they are only releasing the original, also it looks damn good to me.

Day -24, when I am able to pre-load it on my Xbox One I will go to the bank, get some £10 notes out (I am not rich :p) and literally throw money at my television.

HYYYYYPE.

On a more serious note, people like Gears, this is the beginning of Gears coming back, of course people are excited, its not really difficult to work out why.

Not a 1:1 comparison but
i3xNxRke2h5Wz.png

iV1GrAZUHXzWo.png

Looks like I'm buying an XO

Hope the movement isnt stiff. I want it to play like 3.

Hopefully we at least get the maps from 2 as well. River is godly.

No way this is coming out this holiday. Early next year is my bet.

There is no way this is 2016, at all. Put the Steverulez seal of approval on that, if its next year, i'll be shocked to my very core, and I will hang up Gears of War Judgment t-shirt I got from Tesco with my pre-order, never to be worn again.

Ape

Banned
sent that comparison pic to a couple of my old gears buddies and we are in. man, cant wait for gears 4 either. yesssss

I really hope it includes the previously PC only levels. That'd make me super happy.

I have fond memories of Gears lan parties. If they can somehow bring that magic back, I'm in (again). Maybe not for $60. I bought Gears 1 near launch, the PC one (though I couldn't run it), and 360 Trilogy Pack. I love the series, but it'll need to be really special to pull me in at full price.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
There is no way this is 2016, at all. Put the Steverulez seal of approval on that, if its next year, i'll be shocked to my very core, and I will hang up Gears of War Judgment t-shirt I got from Tesco with my pre-order, never to be worn again.

But why? It would be dumb to have it out in the same windows as most big hitters.
Microsoft got nothing in Q1 beside QB.

That makes the most sense to me. And have beta invite for summer. Or end of next E3. And Gears 4 next holiday.

http://a.pomf.se/ssejca.mp4
The reflections in that clip in particular, that really stood out the most to me.
Real time?

I'm betting on release at E3 presser.
I don't know what to bet though. If I'm right, I'll dig through my post history to gloat.
If I'm wrong, I'll just rely on irrelevance and keeping my mouth shut and pretend this never happened.

But why? This season is flooded with big games. It would be dumb to have it out in the same windows as most big hitters.

That makes the most sense to me. And have beta invite for summer. Or end of next E3. And Gears 4 next holiday.

You assume they have nothing for Q1 except for Quantum Break, I'm pretty sure there will be something else in the Spring.

Microsoft are not going to release this and Gears 4 in the same year. The Halo model they established last year with MCC and Guardians + the beta is very obvious and they aren't going to deviate from it. If its in home testing at the end of April, I don't really know what exactly they are going to be doing for a year.

Last I checked Sony will buttering up wet fishes and slapping Microsoft all over the place with sales, Microsoft are going to go all out in the holidays: Gears, Halo, Tomb Raider, Forza September to November, book it.

I don't know what to bet though. If I'm right, I'll dig through my post history to gloat.
If I'm wrong, I'll just rely on irrelevance and keeping my mouth shut and pretend this never happened.

Ive seen other people say it too but I can't imagine MS will drop a big thing like Gears (even a remaster) like that. If they were going to do it, it would probably be for a downloadable title or a remaster that was for a franchise not held in quite the regard Gears is. Its blockbuster, they'll want to ride the hype
Cole
train for a little bit.

But why? It would be dumb to have it out in the same windows as most big hitters.

Because preseason. And 10th anniversary. And the annual model.

What subset?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_DzhfBk79k See 3:10 specifically + crowd reaction + read the comments in the thread (many were posted shortly after the announcement and sound quite similar to the things that people post in threads like these).

This generation Microsoft is overly focused with retaining the consumers that they first acquired on Xbox and Xbox 360. They seem to be doing far too much pandering these days, and offering very little in the way of innovation or even technical stability.

On Xbox One they seem to be stuck in greatest hits mode. This generation they're like a 60's era Rock Band who has reunited for one final tour in the year 2015. Sure, they have the one original member who can nearly belt out the classics, but the majority of the original members are dead and they're not performing any new material.

Microsoft knows exactly what gamers think that they want because they seem to be focus testing like crazy these days. The problem is exactly this reflexivity. Asking consumers what they want is a kiss of death. You get stuck making the same old shit over and over again instead of bringing on new exciting talent and introducing new ideas.

npa189

If its just Gears 1, I won't pay more than $20. I played so much of this when it came out I think I've permanently had my fill, still can't believe that was 9 years ago this fall..

Computron

http://a.pomf.se/ssejca.mp4
The reflections in that clip in particular, that really stood out the most to me.
Real time?

Looks like a parralax corected environment probe. its probably UE4.

I love gears 1, it was my first 360
Game or first next gen
Game at the time, and seeing those visuals for the first time in 2006 blew my pants off. This remaster looks great so far, The improved lighting, frame rate, and texture work is definitely noticeable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_DzhfBk79k See 3:10 specifically + crowd reaction + read the comments in the thread (many were posted shortly after the announcement and sound quite similar to the things that people post in threads like these).

This generation Microsoft is overly focused with retaining the consumers that they first acquired on Xbox and Xbox 360. They seem to be doing far too much pandering these days, and offering very little in the way of innovation or even technical stability.

On Xbox One they seem to be stuck in greatest hits mode. This generation they're like a 60's era Rock Band who has reunited for one final tour in the year 2015. Sure, they have the one original member who can nearly belt out the classics, but the majority of the original members are dead and they're not performing any new material.

Microsoft knows exactly what gamers think that they want because they seem to be focus testing like crazy these days. The problem is exactly this reflexivity. Asking consumers what they want is a kiss of death. You get stuck making the same old shit over and over again instead of bringing on new exciting talent and introducing new ideas.

Microsoft aren't going to leave money on the table for their big franchises, I don't really see the issue here, we're getting a mix of classics, new games, new IPs and sequels.

That is exactly what they should be doing and exactly what they are. Not sure I've ever seen listening to fans be considered such a bad thing before

wapplew

Ori was new. Sunset overdrive, Scream ride, Scalebound, Quantum break are all new IP.
Making what fans want doesn't stop MS from making new stuff.

Pez

Another remaster?

Man, I really hope MS has more in the tank come June. =/

Also, it just looks like Gears 1 PC. Not sure what all the hype is here? Are we really going to trust them with "dedicated" servers, which I'm sure they'll also announce with the game?

Don't hate me GAF. =(

Top Bottom