• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeDoSaTo - Downsampling from Infinity and Beyond!

KKRT00

No, it works on the principle of
shia-labeouf-magic-gif.gif

Quite excited Durante. I test quite thoroughly, so if you ever need help with some specific issue on multiple configs. Just ask!

Dont like magic. It reminds me those freaking coding to metal bullshit posts too much :p

Grief.exe

Are there comparison pics for non-downsampled, slightly downsampled, highly downsampled, massively downsampled and monstrously downsampled? I cant imagine you'd get a much noticeable benefit in that upper range.

Here is a comparison from Dark Souls. There is a gif comparison as well

Comparison images provided by Corky:

1) Default settings, 1024x720 render resolution @ 1920x1080

1024x720xozqm.png

2) 1920x1080 render resolution @1920x1080, 1080 dof setting, no smaa

1920x1080ybxmv.png

3) 6400x3600 render resolution @ 1920x1080, 1080 dof setting, ultra smaa

6400x3600ultrasmaa91yg1.png

d00d3n

This sounds great! As a nvidia user, should this be combined with SGSSAA in nvidia inspector? How fast is GeDoSaTo compared with SGSSAA forced in nvidia inspector (if you are aiming for similar image quality)?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
This sounds great! As a nvidia user, should this be combined with SGSSAA in nvidia inspector? How fast is GeDoSaTo compared with SGSSAA forced in nvidia inspector (if you are aiming for similar image quality)?

Generally if you want a playable framerate you want to do either SGSSAA or downsampling and not both together.

SGSSAA will give you better image quality when playing, downsampling gives better looking screenshots.

Durante

Generally if you want a playable framerate you want to do either SGSSAA or downsampling and not both together.

SGSSAA will give you better image quality when playing, downsampling gives better looking screenshots.
One important point is that you can meaningfully combine downsampling with post-AA, while that's not really possible with SGSSAA (if you inject it).

I'm getting an error when I try to run the program.

The program can't start because MinGook.x86.dll ism issing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I have tried reinstalling and it did not work. Windows 7 Professional N 64 Bit (in case it matters). What can I do to fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind, acknowledged in post above.

bidaum

In the OP example in the fixed one, while i does look better overall, there is some funky business going on with that light shaft in the top right...
screenshot_2014_04_24_15_53_20_by_aloo81-d7fteda.jpg

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
GeDoSaTo so kawaii~

But seriously, great work! Always wanted to downsample some games, but the custom resolution thing was kind of stopping me. Can't wait to try it out.

Dennis

Banned
It would be nice if people posted the games they have found that it works with.

So a list can be compiled.

And, nice work Durante!

Grief.exe

And, nice work Durante!

We could get a spreadsheet going in the OP with games that work (green), partial (yellow), and don't work at all (red).

Then sum up what works and doesn't work later in the post for specific games.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

And, nice work Durante!

I don't know if I can post the link here, but this is the list so far for an earlier version. Not sure what (if anything) has been fixed.

gIanc9q.png

According to a nice fellow over at steam gaf, it's a known bug with Nividia cards. For some reason, using an HMDI cable to run my PC to my TV causes some sort of bug that only occurs when downsampling, and that is that my screen gets MUUUUCCCCH darker when I try downsampling. I have to crank the brightness up almost to max on most games so that it looks ok. It never happens outside of downsampling, though.

I've been through that issue very recently

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106518569&postcount=3745

The RGB toggler didn't work for me but changing the display/desktop colorspace from RGB to YCbCr444 did the trick, no more unintentional darkening!

Levyne

Banned
So what will happen if I tell Dark Souls 2 to render and downsample to a 16:10 resolution using this?

If no one else knows, I will be sure to report, haha.

Nokterian

This is just awesome,fantastic durante now i can down sample my heart content without self fiddling with options. I will donate money again like i did before just because your doing stuff that helps people like me to make it easy and make games look great.

Top Bottom