• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeDoSaTo - Downsampling from Infinity and Beyond!

Spazznid

Dumpframe crashes Child of Light before it finishes :(

Not only that, but the first 4 images generated all have a HUD. After that it's black images, white images, and a few with a few different sprites being rendered individually.

It's a 2D game so it's not THAT important, but I figured it'd be an easy one to try. The problem is that most of the games I have HUD trouble with are DX11 :(

EDIT: Same problem with Borderlands 2. I don't know what I'm doing...

The very first frames have the HUD in them. Here's what the dumped images look like and which ones have the HUD in them:

it seems to crash a lot, but that seems to mean it's finished.

What I did was look for the last frame without a hud and try that, Making sure it's post dump and not pre dump in the file name. Then, if that doesn't work, try the previous one without a hud that says post dump. Took me a while with Remember Me.

Ifrit

Just tried it with dead space 2 at 2560 x 1440 (so the subtitles don't get too small) and it works perfectly

Durante is so based

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm gonna give this injectPsHash thing a try with Naruto.

With this new article detailing the focus on stuff like the SweetFx like features, is there any plan to implement the rest of the latest SweetFx shaders, so it can just be an outright replacement rather than occasional upgrade?

Edit: Also, it seems like you haven't released a new version of GeDoSaTo with the whitelist functionality you mentioned in the article. Was that meant to release with this?

Durante

I got a profile today for State of Decay on github, great success!

I did, but even the last dump in both Tomb Raider Legend and Bionic Commando didn't have any hud, so I was wondering if it crashed before it was done.
I'd need to have a look at those.

Here's a problem with KoA: Reckoning. 94 is the final post processing pass, but there's no SetPixelShader entry between 94 and 95.
preswitch_by_majorparsnip-d7s42i0.jpg

Any thoughts on this one?
Is there a SetPixelShader call before 94? you could use that one and the delay option.

I have no idea how Github works.

so here's the working thing for Remember Me.

This will allow the HUDless screenshot function to work, as well as postFX not affecting the HUD.

injectPSHash d5c7a346
Good one, I'll add it.

I'm gonna give this injectPsHash thing a try with Naruto.

With this new article detailing the focus on stuff like the SweetFx like features, is there any plan to implement the rest of the latest SweetFx shaders, so it can just be an outright replacement rather than occasional upgrade?
That's mostly just a copy and paste exercise, but I guess I could do that.

Edit: Also, it seems like you haven't released a new version of GeDoSaTo with the whitelist functionality you mentioned in the article. Was that meant to release with this?
The release will probably be this weekend.

Heya GAF.

I'm trying to get GeDoSaTo working with Arkham Asylum but so far it doesn't seem to be taking hold. I have both exe's (ShippingPC-BmGame/BmLauncher) in the Whitelist, using the alternative injector, and I have my downsampling set to Bicubic/3200x1800 -> 1920x1080. I also have v sync setup within the settings for GeDoSaTo and disabled the v sync in Arkham Asylum. None of these settings seem to be taking hold and I'm currently at a loss as to what combo of settings I should attempt to get this working.

My GPU is an AMD HD 7950 if that helps with the setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

NVM sorry just realised I'd forgotten to set the new resolution within the setings for the game before playing, my bad. Continue as if nothing happened here folks.

Durante

I have no idea how Github works.

so here's the working thing for Remember Me.

This will allow the HUDless screenshot function to work, as well as postFX not affecting the HUD.

injectPSHash d5c7a346
One more thing, what's the executable name for Remember Me?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Using Beta 9 can I turn off in-game AO/AA in Dark Souls 2 or does the injector still rely on one of those being turned on (can't remember which one it was)?

Edit - figured it out.

Spazznid

I got a HUDless screenshot of Borderlands 2, but it was mostly black :(

What I had to do was go further back/forward to the next set of non-hud dumps. The ACTUAL latest ones resulted in black screens if I was looking at certain floating UI elements in Remember Me.

Goofy question: can GeDoSaTo potentially be used to enforce a performance throttle for games that don't throttle themselves when they lose focus? Like, say, force a game to drop to around ~10-15 fps maximum if it is not the active window?

Am I the only one getting crashes when going higher than 8K ?
I'm pretty sure there is a bug in the scaler recently introduced but no one mentionned about it so I thought I did something wrong but I still get the issue consistently when going to over the top resolutions.
I actually use the old scaler code to achieve that. I would fix it but I'm not very good at handling these vectors things :/

It happens -for me anyway- whenever there are 3 multi-level buffers required to downscale :

6720x4200 -> 3360x2100 -> 1680x1050 : ok
7680x4320 -> 6720x4200 -> 3360x2100 -> 1680x1050 : ko

EDIT : woot the mini-map is no longer fucked up in GTA IV (backbuffer changes)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Goofy question: can GeDoSaTo potentially be used to enforce a performance throttle for games that don't throttle themselves when they lose focus? Like, say, force a game to drop to around ~10-15 fps maximum if it is not the active window?

I imagine it's technically possible for someone to implement that feature, but it's not currently a feature.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm pretty sure there is a bug in the scaler recently introduced but no one mentionned about it so I thought I did something wrong but I still get the issue consistently when going to over the top resolutions.
I actually use the old scaler code to achieve that. I would fix it but I'm not very good at handling these vectors things :/

It happens -for me anyway- whenever there are 3 multi-level buffers required to downscale :

EDIT : woot the mini-map is no longer fucked up in GTA IV (backbuffer changes)

Whenever i get a new GPU, 4K ENB'd GTAIV with bicubic downsampling will be beautiful. I think ill hold off on my EfLC play through now

robgrab

Just tried GTA IV: Episodes From Liberty City with iCEnhancer and wanted to see if it worked with GeDoSaTo. No dice. I noticed GTA IV: EFLC is listed as working in the compatibilty list. Just wondering if anyone has gotten GeDoSaTo to work with iCEnhancer.

Spazznid

I can go Higher than 8K, but the screenshot function doesn't save any images for me at 10k.

Still don't know why, but I'd love to.

Also, would it be possible to stop the game from rendering things after a certain point (for example, right before it renders the hud elements) so that one could have a forced no-hud mode?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Lego Marvel!

I wrote a lot of dumb stuff! I found two hashes that worked but both with flaws.

Decided to tweak around more and found a perfect one so I'll just delete all the other stuff I said.

Here it is!

injectPSHash 6a378248

screenshot_2014_07_26_00_07_11_by_aloo81-d7sb0f7.jpg

I'll do a pull request later on for it.

Just tried GTA IV: Episodes From Liberty City with iCEnhancer and wanted to see if it worked with GeDoSaTo. No dice. I noticed GTA IV: EFLC is listed as working in the compatibilty list. Just wondering if anyone has gotten GeDoSaTo to work with iCEnhancer.

ENB required "only intercept system DLL's" or whatever that toggle is.

I can go Higher than 8K, but the screenshot function doesn't save any images for me at 10k.

Still don't know why, but I'd love to.

Also, would it be possible to stop the game from rendering things after a certain point (for example, right before it renders the hud elements) so that one could have a forced no-hud mode?

Durante implemented that in DSFix, so I would say it's likely possible.

Let me know how I can help figure out why Borderlands 2 crashes when changing resolution. Because that's pretty infuriating.

Massive error window after crash:
gameoverlayrenderer.dll
In your log. Pretty sure that's the culprit. I don't have the issue with 0.9 then again I'm not using the Steam version. I know it has been taken care of in the next release but in the meantime try adding it to your blacklist.txt ?

And yeah GTAIV works with the latest Ice3.0 I tried that yesterday. (interceptOnlySystemDlls to true). Not super stable though, alt-tabbing is risky. And it runs like shit. Seriously

I'm using version 9.

You mean I should I put "gameoverlayrenderer" in the blacklist?
Yes. Or rename the dll itself (risky). Or wait for the next release (safe)

I'm using version 9.

EDIT: I added "gameoverlayrenderer" to my blacklist. Switched from whitelist to blacklist. Still crashed when changing resolution. "gameoverlayrenderer.dll" still shows up in the error log.

TheTrain

PSHash for Defiance [Might be risking a ban using GeDoSaTo]

Code:
# Defiance configuration

injectPSHash 150dedb5
injectDelayAfterDraw true

Whitelist ---> Defiance

Durante

Hmm, might be a DirectX limitation.

Yes.

That doesn't do anything. The blacklist is for exes, not dlls.

And anyway, I dislike the overlay blocking "solution". I'd rather figure out the true cause of the issue.

undu

I'm having problems with the injectPSHash in dota 2. Once I've set it up and I enable SMAA, instead of applying the AA it just seems to remove some shadows from the scene. Maybe I'm missing something.

The frame before the top of the mini-map gets rendered:

Search for the hash:

And finally write the configuration:
Code:
# Lines starting with "#" are ignored by GeDoSaTo and used to provide documentation
# read them before changing anything!

injectPSHash d61b4f8b

aaQuality 3
aaType smaa

enablePostprocessing false

I should note that when I don't set the inject point it works as expected.

To show how the AA affects the image (doesn't seem to do much):
AA off
AA on

Parsnip

I'm going to install Dota 2 and both Borderlands games and see if I can help out.

In the meantime, would anyone happen to have Mass Effect 2 combat area save I could borrow, even just right after you make your Shepard? Or alternatively know how to edit the save so I could remove the dlc requirements from one I downloaded.

Durante

I just fixed this. It was a somewhat subtle bug. (Don't use emplace_back on a vector and then access the ith element when you are going through those is in reverse order!)

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Two new games getting PSHash support, Injustice aaaand Rock of Ages!

Injustice
injectPSHash 3824ce76

Rock of Ages
injectPSHash 7cc78174

Hey Durante, how do you feel about the inclusion of custom post.fx files when we're submitting InjectPSHash stuff for it?

I was thinking about adding my LEGO Marvel one, but since the appreciation of stuff like that is totally subjective, I figured better to ask first.

Also, blacklist/whitelist files runs into issues with executables that have symbols in them (I'm assuming because it's used for other functions, like the * wildcard).

Adding notepad++ to the blacklist caused GeDoSaTo to crash. I got around this by making it notepad*, but I figured it's a bug worth reporting.

Durante

Go ahead, if people dislike it they can disable and/or replace it.

Something customized for a game will almost always be better than something generic.

Quoting last page's stealth edit in case it was so stealthy it could not be seen:

Also, blacklist/whitelist files runs into issues with executables that have symbols in them (I'm assuming because it's used for other functions, like the * wildcard).

Adding notepad++ to the blacklist caused GeDoSaTo to crash. I got around this by making it notepad*, but I figured it's a bug worth reporting.

enable InterceptOnlySystemDLLs

It currently only works if your system drive is the C: drive

Is there a way to use both the effects of the ENB and GeDoSaTo at the same time? For example using ENB for post processing and GeDoSaTo for the AO. Currently I have to turn off the ENB effects to see the GeDoSaTo effects.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Excuse my ignorance but what does that mean? How would I do that exactly? Sorry if it's a noob question.

It's one of the options in the GeDoSaTo.ini file.

Is there a way to use both the effects of the ENB and GeDoSaTo at the same time? For example using ENB for post processing and GeDoSaTo for the AO. Currently I have to turn off the ENB effects to see the GeDoSaTo effects.

Not to my knowledge unfortunately. I was hoping to get SMAA going with ENB but they don't seem to layer together.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Would it be possible to add this feature, Durante? The ability to use both features of ENB and GeDoSaTo at the same time.

Durante has said in the past the compability with GeDoSaTo is daunting enough. Trying to make it always work in conjunction with ENB would be a nightmare. As it stands, I think it's best for being able to downsample from any res but still have the benefits of ENB, but of course Durante could change his mind.

Also, ENB has built in SSAO if you wanna just use that.

Talking about AO. I don't if you would call that AO at all but I thought it looked cool

This is Shenmue on nulldc. I'm no 3D guru but I don't think the game/emu gives enough depth information to do a proper occlusion. Looks more like a photoshop canvas (?) filter.
I'm drunk.

Tried GTA IV: EFLC with GeDoSaTo again using your suggestion and this time it launched with the GeDoSaTo text at the top of the screen showing it hooked properly and I got excited. I was able to get to the menu but as soon as I tried loading a save game it crashed immediately. At least that's progress.
Make sure you disable the Sweetfx packed with the Ice3.0 archive

robgrab

Tried GTA IV: EFLC with GeDoSaTo again using your suggestion and this time it launched with the GeDoSaTo text at the top of the screen showing it hooked properly and I got excited. I was able to get to the menu but as soon as I tried loading a save game it crashed immediately. At least that's progress.

Durante has said in the past the compability with GeDoSaTo is daunting enough. Trying to make it always work in conjunction with ENB would be a nightmare. As it stands, I think it's best for being able to downsample from any res but still have the benefits of ENB, but of course Durante could change his mind.

Also, ENB has built in SSAO if you wanna just use that.

ENBs AO in Dark Souls has a bug that causes it to flicker on an off when you wear a full head helmet in some areas, it's very weird.

Parsnip

Seems like I found a good code for BL2 and Dota 2.
Dota 2 is weird though, it seems to not actually render the full image under the hud. I mean that's what it looked like from the dumps as well, but I didn't believe it until I saw it myself. Also a fair warning, I only tried it a little in the tutorial, so it's not exactly well tested.

Couldn't find anything suitable for BL1 at a quick glance.

Borderlands 2
injectPSHash 13dcae93
==========
Dota 2
injectPSHash 7d2f6d46
injectDelayAfterDraw true

Top Bottom