• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

General John Kelly is a bald-faced liar, told false story to slander Congresswoman

barit

JsoXAt9.png

https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/921451645250211840

Who the fuck is Lara Trump? How many of these weasels exist? Man I hope the name Trump will be extinct from earth forever when all is said and done. Fuck this family

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Who the fuck is Lara Trump? How many of these weasels exist? Man I hope the name Trump will be extinct from earth forever when all is said and done. Fuck this family
Eric’s wife.

I doubt she’s seen or knows a damned thing.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Wife of Eric Trump. She is basically Alex Jones with tits. Spends her days on Facebook or whatever social media platform of choice spreading the fake news gospel and conspiracy prattle to the idiots of this nation.

1) They can't stop Trump saying dumb shit on the daily

2) Trump craves media attention even if it's not in his favor.

I would argue that Trump lying isnt their biggest problem, its the way the administration reacts to it. They double down on the lie, they work to try to make the lie at least partially true so they can attack the media, they compromise themselves morally and sometimes even legally to make Trump happy for half an hour. As another poster noted, Kelly threw away his reputation for literally no reason.

It's like a daycare being run by 7th graders, and the 7th graders get paid based on how happy the spoiled brat they're taking care of is.

finley83

Banned
So what’s the over under on how long it takes him to call someone a nigger in public? I bet he does it before the end of the year.

As far as Trump knows, racism is only if you say the n word, otherwise it's fine. That's kind of the problem.

BriGuy

No one seems to draw his ire quite like minorities or women. And since Wilson is both, there's no way he's letting this go until the next target reveals itself.

Socivol

The real problem is that the Trump administration lies so much about things that don't even matter I NEVER believe anything they say. All he had to do was apologize and reach back out to these families. That's it! Even kids know this is how you're supposed to act. Instead he has John Kelly and Sarah Sanders lying and destroying any credibility they have. Even yesterday after the video came out Sarah Sanders continues to say what Kelly said was true but it wasn't on tape, which is complete bullshit. Kelly being "offended" someone would listen in on the call WHILE HE WAS LISTENING IN ON THE CALL is the height of hypocrisy.

Enzom21

As far as Trump knows, racism is only if you say the n word, otherwise it's fine. That's kind of the problem.
No, Trump knows how to use dog whistles to appeal to his supporters but then claim he isn't.
He knows he's a racist and how to get away with it but I am sure he'll eventually slip up and say it.
He's no stranger to its use:
No25Stw.jpg

I believe the Cheadle.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The real problem is that the Trump administration lies so much about things that don't even matter I NEVER believe anything they say. All he had to do was apologize and reach back out to these families. That's it! Even kids know this is how you're supposed to act. Instead he has John Kelly and Sarah Sanders lying and destroying any credibility they have. Even yesterday after the video came out Sarah Sanders continues to say what Kelly said was true but it wasn't on tape, which is complete bullshit. Kelly being "offended" someone would listen in on the call WHILE HE WAS LISTENING IN ON THE CALL is the height of hypocrisy.

He spent the last decade going to war against the opposition, against truth, and against decency. The day will never come when he chooses to give an inch.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Kelly standing up for whats becoming one of the most infamous draft dodger is astounder. Especially when hes shielding him with his dead son and using that as an example of his patriotic superiority over everyone else. Debasing his own sons memory just to give Trump an out.

Kelly standing up for whats becoming one of the most infamous draft dodger is astounder. Especially when hes shielding him with his dead son and using that as an example of his patriotic superiority over everyone else. Debasing his own sons memory just to give Trump an out.

The bunker-mentality that must have taken hold in this administration is astounding. I'm a little worried that an insular, damaged administration can fumble their way into conflict. There's no lack of opportunity for new conflicts in this world.

abundant

All of this could have been avoided with just normal human behavior and responses. Insane

Exactly. All they had to do was apologize for any misunderstanding and that would be it. But because the man-baby refuses to apologize for anything, a new controversy was born.

woolley

Exactly. All they had to do was apologize for any misunderstanding and that would be it. But because the man-baby refuses to apologize for anything, a new controversy was born.

It didn't even have to get that far, if he would've just acknowledged the deaths two weeks ago this situation would have never of come up.

Tamanon

Banned
So much nonsense could've been avoided with being a regular human here.

If they're this willing to lie about the small things that are easily fixable...... it's going to be great when they're pushing for the Iran/North Korea offensives.

noquarter

It didn't even have to get that far, if he would've just acknowledged the deaths two weeks ago this situation would have never of come up.
He didnt even have to do that, he could have just said that he was going to call the families before releasing anything because he wanted to personally tell them before releasing the information (FULL STOP)

If he just didn't try to make himself look better and would just shut up, he would be fine. Don't compare yourself to past presidents 45, you're a POS and everyone knows it and loves to point it out. Just say as little as possible and try to not compare yourself to people that he will never look good against.

All of this could have been avoided with just normal human behavior and responses. Insane

Because nobody in this administration is a normal human being, that’s why they defend each other so vigorously. I don’t believe there are good ones in this administration, they all took the jobs knowing who Trump is and they all can get fucked with him.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Phillip Bump at WaPo has a helpful summary timeline:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMqh6ISUEAACEbI.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]

This is really well done. You could actually make a flowchart like this for pretty much any week of the past year, there has always been one or more scandals brewing since he took office. No doubt we're going to get some excellent summaries when we hit the 1 year mark. It's a dumpster fire that has never stopped burning since january.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Everyone getting their knickers in a twist needs to remember that other presidents did similar things:

Gerald Ford tripped and fell.
Reagan fell asleep at dinner.
Carter had to sell his Zaibatsu peanut farm because of an outrageous conflict of interest.
Obama wore a TAN SUIT for fuck’s sake.

I knew gaf was a liberal echo chamber but I didn’t know it also suffered from amnesia.

Future

Is there no consequence for the constant libel and slander coming out of the administration? Why do they just get a free pass on all of this shit?

Lying isn’t illegal. And the voting base likes the lies. The voting base themselves lie (obama is a Muslim, obama will take all your guns away!, Hillary ran a sex ring, whatever) so this fits right at home. Whatever it takes to belittle liberals like god intended

This is the power of democracy at work. If we keep voting these peeps in then this will continue. Because technically no one is doing anything impeachable. They are doing things a large part of the voting base doesn’t mind

Zolo

Lying isn’t illegal. And the voting base likes the lies. The voting base themselves lie (obama is a Muslim, obama will take all your guns away!, Hillary ran a sex ring, whatever) so this fits right at home. Whatever it takes to belittle liberals like god intended

This is the power of democracy at work. If we keep voting these peeps in then this will continue. Because technically no one is doing anything impeachable. They are doing things a large part of the voting base doesn’t mind

It'd probably be more accurate to say that politicians are already stereotyped as liars, so Republicans already see them all as liars, therefore, it's better when those lies make democrats look bad because they are awful.

Everyone getting their knickers in a twist needs to remember that other presidents did similar things:

Gerald Ford tripped and fell.
Reagan fell asleep at dinner.
Carter had to sell his Zaibatsu peanut farm because of an outrageous conflict of interest.
Obama wore a TAN SUIT for fuck’s sake.

I knew gaf was a liberal echo chamber but I didn’t know it also suffered from amnesia.
LOL, I remember the tan suit outrage so well. We were still innocent then...

Actually there are no guidelines for what an impeachable offense would be. Congress can, if they chose, impeach a president for a hard fart.

Top Bottom