• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Geoff K being hypemaster again 😆

Majormaxxx

Death Stranding 2
Elden Ring DLC
God of War Atreus Rising
Baldur's Gate Gamepass Shadowdrop
Hollow Knight 2: Zero Mass, Origins
Wolverine
Taylor Swift presents the award for best narrative to Spider Man 2
Cranky Kong coming to Mario Kart Mobile
Live performance by Greta Van Fleet
Neil Druckman and Lean Beef Patty end the show with the first trailer for The Last of Us Season 2, shadow drop TLOU2 remastered.
I was with you until the Druck appeared. No, God, please, no! No!

Wooxsvan

I was starting to wonder where his hype tweet would be.

I have no expectations, just surprise me. Shinobi602 the other day had a row of tweets his games that could be announced here such as a new Monster Hunter, since the anniversary is next year and it's been five years since World. I doubt it, but who knows.
this or i sleep

Mr Hyde

Legend has it, that Chris Judge is still giving his speech and he will not stop until Geoff calls it quits.

The only Good reason to watch TGA

main-qimg-67eb5e96c1ad7b5cc6ebfaf6ae2deda7-lq

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
While I agree with the hype part, dude has been in the game since he was a teenaager. GameSlice was waaaaaaaaaay back in 1996. Suggesting he doesn't know anything about video games suggests you don't know anything about him, or video game "journalism" for the last 25+ years.

It's like saying Joe Rogan doesn't know anything about MMA.

what-huh.gif
It's more of a gut feeling than anything, i was first introduced to him during doritosgate so i might be biased :messenger_grinning_sweat:
About your analogy tho Rogan knows how to fight, and is in fact a tremendous fighter who competed in his youth. Im not sure Geoff knows how to make a game, but of course he doesn't need to.
So i don't know him, his face irks me, and i wanted to use a dj khaled doesn't know anything about music analogy (i find the idea extremely funny, while true).
To be fair he's the reason we still have a huge event since E3 stopped, but i also heard that his game awards were one of the reasons E3 stopped? So i don't know how to feel about him. Like alcohol, he might be the cause and solution to all our problems.
He has a very long history. Writing gaming articles/reviews as a kid. Tons and tons of exposure to games, video game designers and the industry. He was on Tech TV and GT. He’s also on the public side where he’s the face of the industry. He has many people he has to please. He’s attended E3 since day 1. I’d say if anyone could be over it, it would be him, but he’s still going strong. I’d say a lot of it is from showcasing video games. It’s probably difficult to sum up the entire industry, so it comes off like a big show boat.
Thank you very much for having the patience to put things into perspective.
As i said i wasn't familiar with him before doritosgate so im biased.

??? Thats just not true at all. Some of you are just blind haters for no fucking reason
Can you please show me one clip of him being good (ie better than the average ign journo) at a game ?

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I'll tune in for the first speech and turn it off about a third of the way through like last time.

So, I'll probably watch about an hour.

GymWolf

While I agree with the hype part, dude has been in the game since he was a teenaager. GameSlice was waaaaaaaaaay back in 1996. Suggesting he doesn't know anything about video games suggests you don't know anything about him, or video game "journalism" for the last 25+ years.

It's like saying Joe Rogan doesn't know anything about MMA.

what-huh.gif
You mean the dude who said that ronda rousey could have beated floyd and half of the male division at boxing?

The dude has been painfull to listen about mma for a fucking while, his commentary has been biased and frankly terrible in the past few years.

Maybe in the past he was an expert, right now he sound like a casual half the times he open his mouth.

coffinbirth

You mean the dude who said that ronda rousey could have beated floyd and half of the male division at boxing?

The dude has been painfull to listen about mma for a fucking while, his commentary has been biased and frankly terrible in the past few years.

Maybe in the past he was an expert, right now he sound like a casual half the times he open his mouth.
I mean the guy that's called over 3,000 fights for the UFC.

"Hyperbole. I'm the master of hyperbole, I exaggerate all the time. I was like, she could probably beat half the men bantamweights in the UFC".
"No, that's definitely not true. I shouldn't have said it."

Regardless of saying things like this, he's still more knowledgeable about MMA than 99% of the population.

That's like saying Geoff doesn't know anything about video games because he thinks Death Stranding could beat up TotK.

GymWolf

I mean the guy that's called over 3,000 fights for the UFC.

"Hyperbole. I'm the master of hyperbole, I exaggerate all the time. I was like, she could probably beat half the men bantamweights in the UFC".
"No, that's definitely not true. I shouldn't have said it."

Regardless of saying things like this, he's still more knowledgeable about MMA than 99% of the population.

That's like saying Geoff doesn't know anything about video games because he thinks Death Stranding could beat up TotK.
That is not even in the same universe as saying the ronda shit, and you know it, ds got a lot of goty nominations and it was praised by many players and media, ronda boxe is absolutely fucking terrible and she was a one trick pony when she was dominant, that was not an hyperbole, it was mental illness level of bullshittery:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Agree to disagree i guess, the dude has been on a roll in the past few years and i can't wait for his retirement, even fucking laura sanko sound more knowledgeable than him at the moment.
He know his shit, i just think he lost a bit of interest and he doesn't care anymore like in the past.

All he has right now is the usual "oooooooh he rocks him" or "unbeeeeeeelievable".

P.s. i was solely talking about joe, i don't really give enough fucks about dorito boy to argue about him :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

p.p.s. i still like rogan and his antics on his podcast, i just don't wanna hear him commentating in big fights when he clearly has a favourite.

Last edited:
Top Bottom