• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Lucas Salad Unboxing Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtmd

Banned
I don't care whether it's staged or not, Rich Evans' 'Don Wilson' sketch is a flight of fancy that makes me laugh every time.

I don't care whether it's staged or not, Rich Evans' 'Don Wilson' sketch is a flight of fancy that makes me laugh every time.

I am pretty sure it isn't scripted.
Rich has said that almost everything on Best of the Worst is unscripted and I believe him since I have seen him do similar improv during a Pre Rec stream.

PT apologists are always funny.

Comments like this are funnier.

A lot of people don't like the prequels, but a lot of people do at the same time, and some that don't like them have this bizarre insecurity about those that do.

This is why the haters love the RLM reviews as they're basically a podium for "no you're wrong, just watch THESE!" I enjoyed the reviews and they're obviously well thought out, but people can still have opinions.

Comments like this are funnier.

A lot of people don't like the prequels, but a lot of people do at the same time, and some that don't like them have this bizarre insecurity about those that do.

This is why the haters love the RLM reviews as they're basically a podium for "no you're wrong, just watch THESE!" I enjoyed the reviews and they're obviously well thought out, but people can still have opinions.

You mean to tell me prequel lovers haven't developed insecurities after everyone used them as a punching bag for so long?

The problem is that I have yet to see a prequel lover that has effectively been able to argue against the reviews. Most of them just want people to stop using them because they are overplayed, as if repeating an argument too many times invalidates it.

The problem is that I have yet to see a prequel lover that has effectively been able to argue against the reviews. Most of them just want people to stop using them because they are overplayed, as if repeating an argument too many times invalidates it.

It doesn't invalidate it, but it's tired. The thing about arguing against the reviews is that there are a lot of facts there, but things that had already been pointed out a ridiculous number of times before the reviews existed. I don't think anyone that likes them thinks that the acting or dialogue is good, but it's still perfectly fine to enjoy them. I find them very enjoyable despite their problematic nature. I don't go in so hard on them because I can take them for what they are. I don't compare them to Braveheart or something, and I don't think the originals were superlative when it comes to some of the problems the prequels have either. The Force Awakens' writing/performances is far and away better, as are the special effects, yet you get online and everyone is just bitching about how it's a retread of A New Hope. So obviously these things aren't actually why people like Star Wars.

Basically it's fine to hate them, it's fine to like them. People have different barometers, and the problem with Star Wars prequel discussion is that unless you're there to shit on them, you might as well just fuck off.

Boney

Banned
Apparently I can't dislike their content without having some weird personal beef because of a movie? You do realize how silly that sounds, right?
Not realizing why people think they're funny and using this video as an example of unfunny for a drive by is pretty silly yes.

You can dislike then all you want but petty drive by's is basically seething at the mouth

liquidtmd

Banned
I am pretty sure it isn't scripted.
Rich has said that almost everything on Best of the Worst is unscripted and I believe him since I have seen him do similar improv during a Pre Rec stream.

'I HEAR THE KIDS LIKE THE TORRENTZ, SO IM GONNA BOMBARD EACH DVD WITH SOLAR RADIATION'

Not realizing why people think they're funny and using this video as an example of unfunny for a drive by is pretty silly yes.

You can dislike then all you want but petty drive by's is basically seething at the mouth

Yeah I can get someone saying RLM's style of humor isn't for them, but saying they aren't insightful comes off as disingenuous at best. Maybe if you're a film academic but odds are if you're that knowledgeable about films you're probably writing articles or making your own reviews.

Ban Puncher

RLM continues to confuse me because I've never seen a video where they are actually funny.

9GPCqA1.jpg

I feel like salad now.

PT apologists are always funny.

"Prequel apologists"
"Prequel lovers"

I'd argue like that says more about the person typing them than the people they're trying to criticize. You do realize that one can enjoy something regardless of flaws and that even recognizing that something is flawed doesn't automatically mean one must hate it

The Force Awakens' writing/performances is far and away better, as are the special effects, yet you get online and everyone is just bitching about how it's a retread of A New Hope. So obviously these things aren't actually why people like Star Wars.
Then why do people like Star Wars? TFA got pretty much everything that made the original trilogy great, especially the characters.
Basically it's fine to hate them, it's fine to like them. People have different barometers, and the problem with Star Wars prequel discussion is that unless you're there to shit on them, you might as well just fuck off.
Try to go to the Star Wars subreddit and shit on the prequels. I dare you.
Echo chambers exist for any opinion you may have.

Then why do people like Star Wars? TFA got pretty much everything that made the original trilogy great, especially the characters.

I agree, but TFA gave us something markedly better and fixed pretty much everything wrong with the prequels, so the goal posts moved on down the field I guess.

Try to go to the Star Wars subreddit and shit on the prequels. I dare you.
Echo chambers exist for any opinion you may have.

That sounds horrifying. Will pass :p

Nibel

Why are people excited for their TFA review again?

I feel like everything has been said about TFA already
wtzgU.gif

IThe Force Awakens' writing/performances is far and away better, as are the special effects, yet you get online and everyone is just bitching about how it's a retread of A New Hope. So obviously these things aren't actually why people like Star Wars.
From what I've seen, the only people bitching about retreads are people invested in Star Wars and film sites/channels. The average moviegoer doesn't care about that. It's just an enjoyable new Star Wars movie

Why are people excited for their TFA review again?

It has all been said already, like with the PT, but (like with the PT) I suppose people are looking for validity either way. For some reason. But didn't they like it? I recall "Plinkett" saying that it was everything he wanted, but he could put on a guise and rip it to shreds.

From what I've seen, the only people bitching about retreads are people invested in Star Wars and film sites/channels. The average moviegoer doesn't care about that. It's just an enjoyable new Star Wars movie

Yeah, when I say "people" I mean like... people here, or other forums or whatever :p

"Prequel apologists"
"Prequel lovers"

I'd argue like that says more about the person typing them than the people they're trying to criticize. You do realize that one can enjoy something regardless of flaws and that even recognizing that something is flawed doesn't automatically mean one must hate it

we had a recent flare up of prequel hate on this site because a few people could not admit that there is anything majorly wrong with the prequels and that they, in fact, were bold and took risks.

we had a recent flare up of prequel hate on this site because a few people could not admit that there is anything majorly wrong with the prequels and that they, in fact, were bold and took risks.
I tend to view the prequels as inoffensive and even I would go that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom