• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

George Takei: "They interned my family. Don't let them do it to Muslims."

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the last like 10 years, i've read online from conservative conspiracy theorists that the government was going to commit nationwide marshall law and remove all of our rights.

Under Obama, it was said he was going to use FEMA and create camps that would place all that oppose him in them.

Constant argument from conservative gun nuts about they need guns to stand up to the government.

It's amazing how blindly they are to the fact that they actually voted in the garbage that can make any of that a realm of possibility with a cheer and applause.

Scary times ahead.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
It won't happen like that, rights will be gradually eroded in easily digested chunks. Each blow to civil liberties won't be enough to attract opposition from both sides of the senate/congress and a couple of years down the line we'll look back and wonder how the fuck things got this bad.

THIS is what I worry about.

America won't do anything as "in your face" as concentration camps.

But they'll set in place checks that will determine your religious affiliation. Whether or not it's at the polls, or on your taxes, or a new box on your driver's license, they'll find a way to determine if you're a Muslim. That's when you're fucked, on the down low.

It all sounds very tin foilish. But the thing is is that's what happened with the Patriot Act. The Patriot Act is still in effect, and was never amended by Obama.

This won't happen.

Trust me - if there's some sort of terrorist attack and Trump issues an order to round up Muslims, millions of Americans will come out to protect them from law enforcement or whoever the hell it is that tries to arrest and move them.

It'll be a huge mess, but Muslims will not be rounded up. Non-Muslims will come together and help them, shelter them, protest for them.

It won't happen. Not without a huge national fight and lots of angry protesting and probably rioting too.

Empathetic Senators and Congressmen will be right there defending their rights too.

Fuck Trump and all his supporters. They'll have to arrest White Christians & Jews in order get to the Muslims. I don't see the Trump going that far.

Naw. People will sit in their homes looking at the news wondering how we let so many terrorists in.

Especially after this election I have no faith in the American people.

This won't happen.

Trust me - if there's some sort of terrorist attack and Trump issues an order to round up Muslims, millions of Americans will come out to protect them from law enforcement or whoever the hell it is that tries to arrest and move them.

It'll be a huge mess, but Muslims will not be rounded up. Non-Muslims will come together and help them, shelter them, protest for them.

It won't happen. Not without a huge national fight and lots of angry protesting and probably rioting too.

Empathetic Senators and Congressmen will be right there defending their rights too.

Fuck Trump and all his supporters. They'll have to arrest White Christians & Jews in order get to the Muslims. I don't see the Trump going that far.
Just like millions of Americans came out when they saw black people wre being hunted by police officers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom