• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany 2015 PS4/Xbone Console Report.

Moonstone

That was just stupid,

it's like telling someone to drink his favorite beer in different bar instead of his favorite one, because you have a deal with the producer

You often see here people selling their PS3 with Fifa 09-14 no other game

No it was a good move. MS realized that Fifa is important. I guess it was just not enough.
But going after Fifa is smart in general, although they just can turn the tide with some marketing. Wonder how long the exclusive Legends DLC will stay exclusive.

The PS3 outsold the Wii in those markets though.

Last numbers where:
End of Q3 2013:
Wii 4,6 million
PS3 3,9 million

June 2014:
PS3 4,2 millions

PS3 might have beaten Wii, but we don't know.

The real king in germany was: NDS. Totally crushing PS2 numbers (7,5 vs 5,9 end Q3 2013). PSX - I don't know.

Note that idealo also lists used stuff. High demand for PS3 could be because of this.You get a used PS3 for ~90€ and more people switching to PS4 may lead to a lot of used PS3s and dropping prices in that segment. A possible reason why the idealo demand for PS3 grew from 2014 to 2015. They don't state in their report which and if diagramms are based on new or used sales.

That's also my impressions from reading deal sites over the year.

Can't contribute much to this discussion, as I don't follow this stuff. But here is a more detailed report on prices which lists the different skus:
http://www.guenstiger.de/download/presse/Konsolen_Grafiken.pdf

scamander

Banned
Yes, in North America, there are markets that genuinely don't know Xbox exists.

Maybe, but Germany certainly is not one of them. They are advertising it pretty aggressively and the xbox booth in stores is not smaller than the one of Sony or Nintendo. Xbox is widely known since the sixth console generation. In fact, their mind share is WAAAY bigger than the one of Sega ever was in Germany.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
simply no. abusing marketing mistakes of your enemy is just luck. sony will deliver next year, thats sure. but till today its a shame what kind of shitfest it was.
oh and dont forget the controller and the lightbar on it. the batterylife lasts forever. not.
Why are you always so hurt when it comes to Sony ?

As soon as the XBO was introduced and labeled as an NSA spybox its foreign prospects crumbled. MS and Mattrick seriously underestimated the concern effect the always on camera would have.
Especially in light of all the leaks of inappropriate snooping by government agencies at the time.

It was DOA. Fix it next console launch please. Hire little finger from GOT as a tactitian.

Alo0oy

Banned
Maybe, but Germany certainly is not one of them. They are advertising it pretty aggressively and the xbox booth in stores is not smaller than the one of Sony or Nintendo. Xbox is widely known since the sixth console generation. In fact, their mind share is WAAAY bigger than the one of Sega ever was in Germany.

Yes, Germany isn't one of them since the 360 sold upwards of 2 million units there, I was talking in a general sense.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Nothing they can do.

Well, there is always something they can do, such as injecting inordinate amounts of money into strategies that could turn things around. But past a certain amount it probably isn't worth it.
So there's not much they can do, nothing that's viable anyway.

Steroyd

As soon as the XBO was introduced and labeled as an NSA spybox its foreign prospects crumbled. MS and Mattrick seriously underestimated the concern effect the always on camera would have.
Especially in light of all the leaks of inappropriate snooping by government agencies at the time.

It was DOA. Fix it next console launch please. Hire little finger from GOT as a tactitian.

MS had an uphill struggle long before the NSA box reveal, Xbox 360 lost out to PS3 comfortably despite having a price advantage and a year headstart, that said they decimated their own marketshare with that reveal that talk of growth in Europe and building on Xbox 360's foundation was laughable at best.

Kyougar

Surely Xbox is known. But where I shop, the Xbox Booth is abysmal in size. Most of the time filled in with 360 Titles.

TsuWave

I don't think marketing has anything to do with it. The people with an xbox one are probably the hardcore gamers and they buy games like Fallout 4.

A lot of people that have a PS4 are casual players and only buy a console for COD and Fifa. (I know that's the case in Belgium.)

you guys are funny man

kitch9

Banned
This is about the fact that the xbox platform is niche in germany and people that purchase niche platforms are more likely to be more active.

It's not exactly a crazy concept.

Lol, it's not a niche product.

It's a mass production product that relatively speaking no one really wants

Top Bottom