• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Germany sales update: PS4 3.25 million; Wii U 750K; XBO 710K

Someone should really make the "GTA" of a European country. Doesn't have to be the same tone as GTA but, just from a cultural perspective, I would love it.

Japan has Yakuza, and the rest if I'm not mistaken are always U.S cities. Watchdogs, GTA, and Mafia.

NHale

Someone should really make the "GTA" of a European country. Doesn't have to be the same tone as GTA but, just from a cultural perspective, I would love it.

Japan has Yakuza, and the rest if I'm not mistaken are always U.S cities. Watchdogs, GTA, and Mafia.

London would be a great city for GTA even for satirical purposes.

redcrayon

London would be a great city for GTA even for satirical purposes.
I remember playing GTA: London 1969 on the PSOne, which had a bunch of new missions, vehicles and various UK slang/references replacing some of the text. It was pretty much playing off the popularity of Austin Powers at the time as far as I remember.

MrCarter

Loved this in the PS2 days:

The_Getaway_PS2.jpg

Mother Russia. We need more eastern Mafia in our lives.

PtM

Banned

In Germany, it would be Grand Buy Lobby.

chrizzz09

Americans and UK people who want a Xbox One should just come here to Germany.

You will get such good deals here, Black Friday will look like a rip-off in comparison.

Bioshocker

Awful numbers for Xbox One... Even though they'll catch up with Wii U soon, it's downright embarrassing they haven't already.

Shiggy

Looking at the latest discounts for the Xbox One S, it looks like the price just keeps dropping despite it launching just recently. The bundle with FIFA2017 is just 222 EUR now, with FIFA 2017 selling for 60 EUR at retail still.

Wonder if Microsoft has any plans or intentions to improve their dire situation in Germany.

Looking at the latest discounts for the Xbox One S, it looks like the price just keeps dropping despite it launching just recently. The bundle with FIFA2017 is just 222 EUR now, with FIFA 2017 selling for 60 EUR at retail still.

Wonder if Microsoft has any plans or intentions to improve their dire situation in Germany.

That price is available in only one Media Markt in Germany. The situation is not good for Xbox but there is no fire sale because of one opening day sale.

I've been trying to recall this one's name
Yeah that title kinda gets away from ya.

Anyway, I've always been disappointed with the cancellation and enjoyed to some extent, GTA London 1969. Perhaps Rockstar will go this way again, or something else altogether in that half of the world.

Raysod

Banned
In a market of 80 million people, the richest economy in europe, only 4.7 million next gen consoles sold in three years is a bit low, no?

Do we have numbers on how 360/ps3/wii did sales wise so we can compare?

NeoRausch

In a market of 80 million people, the richest economy in europe, only 4.7 million next gen consoles sold in three years is a bit low, no?

Welcome the the land of PC gaming!

For some perspective for how these consoles are doing:

Xbox 360 November 2008 [36 months]: 664k
PS3 November 2008 [21 months]: 696k
Wii November 2008 [24 months]: 1.388m

Xbox One July 2016 [33 months]: 706k
PS4 July 2016 [33 months]: 3.26m
Wii U July 2016 [44 months]: 750k

LTD for 7th gen in Germany wasn't updated much past 2008 so there isn't a more accurate comparison for PS and Nintendo, but it is clear that both the XB1 and PS4 are doing better than their predecessors and Wii U is lagging behind significantly.

madmackem

And yet you'll still see I'm guessing USA based gaffers in npd threads talking about ms catching up etc,it's impossible for ms to catch sony this gen, they would have to give the box away outside of USA and uk and Sony would have to stop selling consoles. They need to market the shit out of Scorpio and it needs to be priced right, if it cost way more than the pro does then it won't do anything at all outside of the two markets they have some what of a chance in.

Top Bottom