• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting married in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ronito said:
So I'll stick my neck out and mention that I am very happily married and marrying my wife was probably the best decision of my life. BUT I realize that I am FAR in the minority BY FAR. It's like winning the lottery, just because one person wins doesn't mean that you can expect to.

I'm with you.

Shanadeus

Banned
valenti said:
this is what worries me most.
Just get a vasectomy then, if she leaves you then you know she'd eventually want kids anyway - which you probably would just have ended up accepting.

If you snip your tubes then you won't have to use condoms/female birth control. You could easily turn this into an issue about you worrying about her health and say that you'd rather do a quick procedure than letting her take pills which might cause some serious problems for her.

Meeru

Banned
Shanadeus said:
Just get a vasectomy then, if she leaves you then you know she'd eventually want kids anyway - which you probably would just have ended up accepting.

If you snip your tubes then you won't have to use condoms/female birth control. You could easily turn this into an issue about you worrying about her health and say that you'd rather do a quick procedure than letting her take pills which might cause some serious problems for her.
Yeah I don't want her to take pills either.

Shanadeus

Banned
valenti said:
Yeah I don't want her to take pills either.
Then I see the two of you getting kids in the future.

Condoms won't do, you'll slip up eventually or just try going bareback because of how tired you are of them.

If you're serious about not having kids then you have to get a vasectomy, or she'll have to get her "tubes tied". I'd recommend the vasectomy out of those two, tubal ligation has higher failure rates in addition to being a more complex procedure.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
EviLore said:
1) Agree not to have kids

2) Suggest a prenup either to her or to the bathroom mirror, she gets angry, agree not to have a prenup

3) Get married, wait a few years for the magic of the relationship to wane

4) She decides she wants kids after all and:
a) You refuse, she leaves you, takes all of your money and has kids with someone else
b) You reluctantly agree, spend next 20 years raising kids

5) Congrats, your life is over!

Aaaaand I'm still trying to figure out why guys get married.

Magni

So many people here against marriage, wow :lol Congrats dude =) Why the "no kids" choice by the way? How old are the two of you?

Alucrid

Banned
EviLore said:

2) Suggest a prenup either to her or to the bathroom mirror, she gets angry, agree not to have a prenup
-Make a thread about it on neogaf.

a) You refuse, she leaves you, takes all of your money and has kids with someone else

X26

Banned
How does her mom look? If you don't think you can live with someone who's going to look like that sooner than you think throw some kimchi in her eyes and make a quick getaway

Zoe

Jamesfrom818 said:
Korean women are crazy enough as it is. Do you really want to play around with a Korean woman's hormones?

Just because it doesn't work well for some women doesn't mean that all women will take it the same.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Get her t play HoN with us val :3

(grats)

Kittonwy

Banned
valenti said:
Getting married in March in korea. We both agreed to not have kids. Honeymoon in Maldives.

Any pointers/experience worth talking about with marriage?

Congrats. Why Korea? Where are you from?

iNvid02

NomarTyme said:
We all die alone.

article-1307509-0AF933B8000005DC-914_634x725.jpg

Meeru

Banned
Well i would like to know if there is any couple who has been successful with having no babies without using anything other than the pull out method

MPW

EviLore said:

holy shit :lol that would suck so bad ... anyone here actually going through this?

Zoe

valenti said:
Well i would like to know if there is any couple who has been successful with having no babies without using anything other than the pull out method

You think the pull out method is foolproof? :lol :lol :lol

Shanadeus

Banned
valenti said:
Well you have 4% failure rate with absolute perfect use, and the typical failure rate is 15-28%.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
valenti said:

Right here. 10 years and counting.

Don't listen to bitter people on the internet. If you guys have decided you don't want kids, don't feel pressured to have them. Simple as that.

Jzero

valenti said:
dude are you fucken serious? pulling out does not work:lol

Shanadeus

Banned
WanderingWind said:

Don't listen to bitter people on the internet. If you guys have decided you don't want kids, don't feel pressured to have them. Simple as that.
Congratulations, never knew the pull out method could work that long.

gdt

valenti said:

Oh this is priceless.

Meeru

Banned
WanderingWind said:

ur good

Kittonwy

Banned
WanderingWind said:

Ain't got no swimmers huh.
Indifferent2.gif

S1lent

X26 said:
How does her mom look? If you don't think you can live with someone who's going to look like that sooner than you think throw some kimchi in her eyes and make a quick getaway

This forum is terrible. :lol

Tristam

X26 said:

That's not a fair comparison. Korea is a stressful society, even (actually, especially) for Koreans, but the young people here today don't have to work their asses off nearly as much as most of their parents did. If you come to Korea you may conclude that Korean women age TERRIBLY due to genetics (I'm quite certain I've NEVER seen a woman older than 45 here who I would describe as beautiful) but it's really due to hard work. I'm guessing the younger generation--with its access to every modern convenience--will age much more gracefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom