• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GHOST OF TSUSHIMA Devs to be made Permanent Ambassadors of the Real Island

Fbh

That's really awesome. Congrats to the team.

Given the love this game got in Japan hopefully a potential sequel takes the extra step to add lip sync for the japanese voices.

Uh oh, somebody check the mental health of REEEEEEEEEEE!

To be fair I checked out of curiosity and the news is being taken positively.
Even in a radical SJW place like that it seems like only the most crazy ones took issue with the game

Bo_Hazem

Banned
200.gif

My second best game of all time, second to GOW 2018. Well deserved and fuck the critics who don't have honor to comprehend this masterpiece.

Are you doing the side quests etc and not just the main story? I am so I think I'll be the same as you when I get there. It's actually a good thing. No point only maxing your skills at the very end and not using them.
I did all the side quests lol. I was having so much fun with the combat and judt the scenery i just kept exploring and fighting mongols. Its a great thing being this skilled by the time act 2 starts. Plenty of resolve and health, all the stances, combos, and upgraded weaponry.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I really need to get this game. Sucker Punch is a developer I respect but I've never really enjoyed their games. Couldn't get into Sly Cooper, didn't care for Infamous. I could totally see their talent but their games never hooked me. GoT deserves my money. Maybe that'll be the next game I get.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Yeah, me as well. I really want this oportunity.
Start saving up and go when the restrictions are all lifted. It was worth it for me, 100%. I went in 2019 for a 10 day trip in Japan and China.

We found a guided tour with an affordable price on Groupon through "Affordable Asia," or "Affordable World." First time I ever went out of the country. I couldn't speak a word, but everyone was so nice and helpful. My trip included plane tickets, all hotels, breakfast every day and several dinners. You have to bring additional money for some meals, and buying touristy stuff but that was it.

We saw lots of older buildings that looked amazing, and all the modern stuff too.

BlackTron

Well well, this made my morning. It would have been cool anyway, but it puts an extra huge smile on my face, how much this will piss off all the SJW's.

sendit

Now I can understand why some Japanese game directors were fucking seething how good Ghost of Tshushima was. It's the game they were meant to do, but this just shows the gulf between western and Japanese game designs these days.

I haven't played it yet as I tend to not like Sony first party output.
They only have themselves to blame. The majority of all Japanese developers are stuck in the PlayStation 2 era of game design and graphics.

SSfox

I've never been a big fan of SP games, the Racoon game was ok, and Infamous was meh. But i fucking loved GOT from start to the end and it's my second favorite open world of the gen after RDR2. And multi mode legends is awesome and super fun too.

Hopefully they keep focusing on making great games without following politics and agendas like some other western devs started doing after they reached their peak.

Last edited:

Renozokii

But these awful white men appropriated their culture 😭😭😭.

This angers me so much, I threw my soy latte at my rainbow flag-themed wall.
Game sold really well, reviewed very well, and is highly regarded by nearly everyone that played it. You guys pay wayyy to much attention to small groups of people on Twitter.

B-but the cultural appropriation!

Damn you Japanese people of Tsushima who appreciate having your culture being shown to the world by a team of dedicated westerners! You heretics!

How is the meltdown over at era on this?

The left wing "rules" are too rigid to define humanity.
Context, feelings, respect, and genuineness needs to be taken into account... but then again that shit takes some intellect to discern.

Top Bottom