• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut PC cross-play and system requirements revealed. PlayStation overlay, cross-play, and Trophy support!

Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut is the first PlayStation title on PC that uses a new PlayStation overlay, which includes your Friends list, Trophies, Settings, and your Profile. This feature is available on Windows PCs and will be accessible from the in-game menu or, for keyboard players, by pressing the “SHIFT +F1” shortcut on your keyboard.
6fe3ba648b2cf484d6ba9c861a34039e4919f7ff-scaled.jpg

While playing the game, you can earn PlayStation Trophies just like on PlayStation consoles. Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut on PC shares the same Trophy set as the game on PlayStation 5 consoles*. In addition, the PC version also has full support for Achievements on Steam and the Epic Games Store.

To make use of features like Trophies, Friends list, and cross-play, you can sign in with your existing account for PlayStation Network or create a new account. The use of PlayStation overlay is optional for both the single player experience and Legends mode.
When bringing a game over from PlayStation consoles to PC, the team at Nixxes always strives to give a great experience to as many players as possible. In Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut on PC, you’ll find a range of graphics presets aimed at making the game run well on older hardware, as well as making it shine on high-end PCs.** Below you’ll find the details on recommended hardware for various presets that are available in the game.

PresetVery LowMediumHighVery High
Avg performance720P @ 30 FPS1080P @ 60 FPS1440P @ 60 FPS / 4K @ 30 FPS4K @ 60 FPS
ProcessorIntel Core i3-7100AMD Ryzen 3 1200Intel Core i5-8600AMD Ryzen 5 3600Intel Core i5-11400AMD Ryzen 5 5600Intel Core i5-11400AMD Ryzen 5 5600
GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GBAMD Radeon RX 5500 XTNVIDIA GeForce GTX 2060AMD Radeon RX 5600 XTNVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070AMD Radeon RX 6800NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Memory8 GB16 GB16 GB16 GB
Storage75 GB HDD space (SSD recommended)75 GB SSD space75 GB SSD space75 GB SSD space
OSWindows 10 64-bitWindows 10 64-bitWindows 10 64-bitWindows 10 64-bit
As detailed in our initial announcement, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut on PC is fully optimized for ultra-wide monitors, with support for 21:9 and 32:9 resolutions. Even 48:9 resolutions and triple monitor set-ups are supported.

You can boost your frame rates with NVIDIA DLSS 3, AMD FSR 3, or Intel XeSS, or further enhance image quality with NVIDIA DLAA or AMD FSR 3 Native AA.*** The game also features extensive controller support, including full support for the PlayStation DualSense controller with haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, while using a wired connecting.

wow...first PC game with trophy support. And it's not a launcher...it's "just" a Pc overlay which is good news.

Looks slick!

Last edited:

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut is the first PlayStation title on PC that uses a new PlayStation overlay, which includes your Friends list, Trophies, Settings, and your Profile. This feature is available on Windows PCs and will be accessible from the in-game menu or, for keyboard players, by pressing the “SHIFT +F1” shortcut on your keyboard.

While playing the game, you can earn PlayStation Trophies just like on PlayStation consoles. Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut on PC shares the same Trophy set as the game on PlayStation 5 consoles*. In addition, the PC version also has full support for Achievements on Steam and the Epic Games Store.

To make use of features like Trophies, Friends list, and cross-play, you can sign in with your existing account for PlayStation Network or create a new account. The use of PlayStation overlay is optional for both the single player experience and Legends mode.

6fe3ba648b2cf484d6ba9c861a34039e4919f7ff-scaled.jpg

PresetVery LowMediumHighVery High
Avg performance720P @ 30 FPS1080P @ 60 FPS1440P @ 60 FPS / 4K @ 30 FPS4K @ 60 FPS
ProcessorIntel Core i3-7100AMD Ryzen 3 1200Intel Core i5-8600AMD Ryzen 5 3600Intel Core i5-11400AMD Ryzen 5 5600Intel Core i5-11400AMD Ryzen 5 5600
GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GBAMD Radeon RX 5500 XTNVIDIA GeForce GTX 2060AMD Radeon RX 5600 XTNVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070AMD Radeon RX 6800NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Memory8 GB16 GB16 GB16 GB
Storage75 GB HDD space (SSD recommended)75 GB SSD space75 GB SSD space75 GB SSD space
OSWindows 10 64-bitWindows 10 64-bitWindows 10 64-bitWindows 10 64-bit

As detailed in our initial announcement, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut on PC is fully optimized for ultra-wide monitors, with support for 21:9 and 32:9 resolutions. Even 48:9 resolutions and triple monitor set-ups are supported.

You can boost your frame rates with NVIDIA DLSS 3, AMD FSR 3, or Intel XeSS, or further enhance image quality with NVIDIA DLAA or AMD FSR 3 Native AA.*** The game also features extensive controller support, including full support for the PlayStation DualSense controller with haptic feedback and adaptive triggers, while using a wired connecting.

winjer

Gold Member
FFS, not another freaking overlay.
Does this mean anther launcher and service running in the background?
At least it's optional, so we can turn off this crap.

nemiroff

Gold Member
It's a Playstation game, so this is only logical. Looking forward to use my Playstation account on this.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
One step closer to every console being just an app. This "overlay" will be your console in 10 years, and you can take it to mobile, PC, TV, handhelds, cloud and it'll play on pretty much anything. You can guess what the implications are for physical media.

And there is no future where consoles decline in relevance, PC increases in relevance, and we don't get launchers for basically every 3rd party publisher. Kind of absurd for Sony to put in the work making a PC port and then giving Valve 30% for doing literally nothing. Sony has the capability to host the downloads and do all of that themselves.

All anyone needs is a program that displays your whole library across all stores. Really makes zero sense for Valve to make anything on Sony PC games, or really any large publisher. Smaller games and indies depend on other storefronts. Seems like the obvious future. Guess we'll see.

JCK75

Good move.. can't wait to play this on steam deck..
I really wish all major platforms would adopt the one thing Epic does right.. allowing you to add multiple platforms to play with anyone on any platfom.
if this was more universal.. that would be incredible.

Midn1ght

Will you simultaneously collect Steam achievements AND trophies at the same time or choosing one will prevent collecting the others?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Oh my god....
w=500

Congratulations Sony. I will now buy Ghost of Tsishuma on my PC Day 1 and forgo replaying the Directors Cut on PS5.

Now, please go back and retroactively add this to other PS on PC games such as Rivet, Ratchet and Clank.

Last edited:
One step closer to every console being just an app. This "overlay" will be your console in 10 years, and you can take it to mobile, PC, TV, handhelds, cloud and it'll play on pretty much anything. You can guess what the implications are for physical media.

And there is no future where consoles decline in relevance, PC increases in relevance, and we don't get launchers for basically every 3rd party publisher. Kind of absurd for Sony to put in the work making a PC port and then giving Valve 30% for doing literally nothing. Sony has the capability to host the downloads and do all of that themselves.

All anyone needs is a program that displays your whole library across all stores. Really makes zero sense for Valve to make anything on Sony PC games, or really any large publisher. Smaller games and indies depend on other storefronts. Seems like the obvious future. Guess we'll see.
Steam and EGS are not going to be losing Sony exclusives lol.. not any time soon. A PS client is great, and it's great that they will incentivize people to buy the game there instead of on Steam, getting them more money out of the people who have no problem doing so... but it's not going to change the fact that Steam is... and will remain.. the majority of their business on PC.

Sony recognizes the value that Valve brings to the table.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Steam and EGS are not going to be losing Sony exclusives lol.. not any time soon. A PS client is great, and it's great that they will incentivize people to buy the game there instead of on Steam, getting them more money out of the people who have no problem doing so... but it's not going to change the fact that Steam is... and will remain.. the majority of their business on PC.

Sony recognizes the value that Valve brings to the table.
If they go the MS route, they will try and incentivize people to buy on the PS launcher first because it will be much more portable. Sony and MS have the resources to make any purchase on there work on basically any device. A Steam purchase will be stuck on just PC. Then slowly over the next 10+ years they'll try and transition away. Anyway, who knows. I don't really know how they will pull it off, but literally zero 3rd party publishers see the value in giving away 30% of their earnings if it could be avoided.

Last edited:

Astray

Gold Member
If they go the MS route, they will try and incentivize people to buy on the PS launcher first because it will be much more portable. Sony and MS have the resources to make any purchase on there work on basically any device. A Steam purchase will be stuck on just PC. Then slowly over the next 10+ years they'll try and transition away. Anyway, who knows. I don't really know how they will pull it off, but literally zero 3rd party publishers see the value in giving away 30% of their earnings if it could be avoided.
The value prop will likely be cross-buy and play across multiple devices, it's a value prop that's already on the market (Steam Deck and soon Xbox imo) and it could suit Sony's strengths as a hardware and entertainment company.

Top Bottom