• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut PC cross-play and system requirements revealed. PlayStation overlay, cross-play, and Trophy support!

Took them long enough to bring over some features that are hardly quintessential but just nice. Keeps players in the PS system, while on PC, or get them somewhat into the PS world while letting them stay PC players.
Crazy that MS could have had that already when they launched GfWL, but then did one of their many u-turns with their confused, easily startled strategies.

Mr Moose

Hope it has framegen so i can play it at 4k, otherwise will settle for 1080p.
It does.
Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut on PC features the latest performance-enhancing technologies. NVIDIA DLSS 3 and AMD FSR 3 are available with both upscaling and frame generation options. Intel XeSS upscaling is also supported and if your hardware has headroom to spare, you can use NVIDIA DLAA or FSR 3 Native AA to further boost image quality.

Topher

Gold Member
So is this a trojan horse to make all PC's PlayStations?

Season 4 Lol GIF by Living Single

Beat me to it. Great minds think a like n' all that.

lol.......man that thread is going to get more hilarious as time goes by

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Microsoft playing 4D-chess with the Sony top brass.

Sony wants every PC to become a PlayStation but Microsoft wants every PlayStation to become an Xbox. Thus every PC will also be an Xbox and every PlayStation as well.

Now I understand why Phil is the boss. He might be the most intelligent post-Einstein man.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
While playing the game, you can earn PlayStation Trophies just like on PlayStation consoles. Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut on PC shares the same Trophy set as the game on PlayStation 5 consoles*. In addition, the PC version also has full support for Achievements on Steam and the Epic Games Store.

Happy Feel Good GIF

Sentenza

I just hope they don't come as mutually exclusive with the Steam ones, because I don't give a shit about the PS achievements.
I mean, I don't particularly care about achievements in general, but when I do it's about the ones that show up on my Steam profile. Not the Sony ones.

Glad to read they went with their own overlay instead of their own client/store/whatever. Wise choice.

If anything this sounds like a precursor to a storefront/launcher.

The only way I envision someone would be able to use this for 3rd party games is via a Sony launcher.

Sony continues to take steps towards that PS PC Storefront. From PC cloud streaming to Dual Sense support on PC to PSVR2 support on PC to this.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Good start. Next up create a PS PC Store/Launcher which supports cross-buy with PS5 for at least Sony published games (or any other publisher that wants to opt in I guess).

Obviously still keep publishing games on Steam too.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Microsoft playing 4D-chess with the Sony top brass.

Sony wants every PC to become a PlayStation but Microsoft wants every PlayStation to become an Xbox. This every PC will also be an Xbox and every PlayStation as well.

Now I understand why Phil is the boss. He might be the most intelligent post-Einstein man.
If you look 2-3 steps ahead in 10-15 years my prediction is:
- consoles decline in relevance, and turn into apps on every device
- PCs increase in relevance along with cloud. people get used to shopping on multiple stores
- physical media is gone
- all storefronts have to downgrade to 10% fee or less instead of 30% to stay competitive.

If a huge chunk of that guaranteed platform holder passive revenue from having a locked console goes away then all you have left is the games you put out yourself, and subs to generate your own revenue stream. 1st party games development will have to become less expensive since it wont be as subsidized. Your strength is just going to be what you publish yourself.

- MS can operate as a 3rd party publisher, especially with Activision / Blizzard / Bethesda / Minecraft / Gamepass
- Nintendo will transition last, but they can put out 5-8 games a year and they aren't overbudget. They make a ton on 3rd party sales but they already lost most of the large 3rd party games so they didn't get income from that anyway, mostly indies which will still be happy to be on a Nintendo store.
- Sony does not put out a ton of games a year and they're all really expensive budget games. They have insanely strong brands and talented game devs but will have to adjust to the budgets you see for other 3rd party games that don't get passive revenue from a platform. 2nd party stuff will decrease as well.
- All other 3rd party publishers will get +20% more than they did before.

Last edited:
Good start. Next up create a PS PC Store/Launcher which supports cross-buy with PS5 for at least Sony published games (or any other publisher that wants to opt in I guess).

Obviously still keep publishing games on Steam too.

I really don't see crossbuy happening. That's really bad for revenue.

Larxia

Okay I have a question, what's the difference between trophies and achievements, and why are people so much into trophies on playstation, while they seem to just be the same as achievements?
I didn't have a console for a long time, but I had a ps3 and trophies were identical to achievements on steam for example. Even the objectives inside them are the same, they're the same thing.

I'm really confused as to why playstation players seem to be so much into trophies, while it's not as much as a big deal on other platforms.

The only reason I could think about why people are interested about it here in this particular case is if they also play on playstation consoles and want shared trophy / achievement progression across platforms. Most of the times though it seems like people just want trophies because they're trophies lol.
Does this mean you could platinum a PS4/5/PC VERSION of a game?
This relates to what I've been saying in this post, you can kind of already do that, since most games (or all?) have an achievement that unlocks once you unlocked all other achievements, so it's there, it's just not called platinum.

JimboJones

Okay I have a question, what's the difference between trophies and achievements, and why are people so much into trophies on playstation, while they seem to just be the same as achievements?
I didn't have a console for a long time, but I had a ps3 and trophies were identical to achievements on steam for example. Even the objectives inside them are the same, they're the same thing.

I'm really confused as to why playstation players seem to be so much into trophies, while it's not as much as a big deal on other platforms.

The only reason I could think about why people are interested about it here in this particular case is if they also play on playstation consoles and want shared trophy / achievement progression across platforms. Most of the times though it seems like people just want trophies because they're trophies lol.

This relates to what I've been saying in this post, you can kind of already do that, since most games (or all?) have an achievement that unlocks once you unlocked all other achievements, so it's there, it's just not called platinum.
There is no difference just people addicted to that dopamine hit seeing a box pop up that they got to level 2 lol

Larxia

There is no difference just people addicted to that dopamine hit seeing a box pop up that they got to level 2 lol
Yeah but the box also pops up on other platforms when you unlock an achievement, there even is a sound too on steam now lol.
Is this only because of the user level system?

I think cross save is the bigger deal.

I think someone is probably more willing to buy a copy of a game like Ghost of Tsushima on PC as a double dip on PC if they're able to just do new game+ from their existing save.

So that might end up being exclusive to a sony storefront and/or PS+ subscribers.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Sony will probably be releasing a cloud pc client later this year or early next year like the ps5 has and it will probably not support steam purchases.

BlackTron

Kinda a big deal that you can just switch between PS and Xbox ecosystems on the same hardware now by pressing a button? I mean it might seem like just another annoying game overlay, but don't overlook the significance of this. It's turning your "PC into a Playstation" the same way Xbox does the same with its Gamepass app, but I think the fact that you can just toggle between the two now with one hardware is kinda nuts lol.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I'd much perfer the ability to import all my PS5 saves from all Sony games to PC via simple link to my PSN account, but of course they won't do that.

Last edited:

yurinka

Finally, let's hope they implement it to all their previous PC games.

Let's hope they also implement cross-save too, to unify our progress in both platforms via cloud saves.

Top Bottom