• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon: Ghost Wars |OT| Sorry it's Not a Battle Royale Mode

Foxxsoxx

This game's matchmaking is ridiculously bad.

Constantly getting matched against teams triple our level, what the fuck. Real shame 'cause it would be pretty fun otherwise.

Just because there is a level difference doesn't mean you can't beat them.

I had some great matches against some guys that were obviously grouped up all 40+ when my team was level 10 and below, with me being 25?

They destroyed us one match and then we came back and destroyed them the next game.

JCH!

Just because there is a level difference doesn't mean you can't beat them.

I had some great matches against some guys that were obviously grouped up all 40+ when my team was level 10 and below, with me being 25?

They destroyed us one match and then we came back and destroyed them the next game.

Yes, it is possible. Doesn't mean it's likely or fair. Half my team were recruits with nothing unlocked going against medics, silenced weapons, and a shit tonne more playtime.

Tomcat

I am thinking on buying this game on xbox. But I am afraid the player base will take a big hit after pugb gets released. Ghost War is really good when you have a good team that communicates.

manhack

I am thinking on buying this game on xbox. But I am afraid the player base will take a big hit after pugb gets released. Ghost War is really good when you have a good team that communicates.

I suspect this is the time of game that will have a loyal fan base, but not a big one. In many ways I think that will be better because you will have better teamwork with random players in GW than PUBG. On PC the community is already decent (after the free weekend jerks left) and the folks i've found on Discord have been great.

Tried some more classes over the last few days, branching out from my Pointmain main. Made some more videos as well. I'm really liking Pointman, Tank and Medic now. Different enough play styles, yet they can all prove very efficient in their own way in most situations.

Medic - Full Round (4:13, action starts about 1:04 minute in):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8NOkKkIIwU

Tank - Full Round (3:47, action starts about 1:10 minute in):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpQcosqNFz4

Assassin - Short clip - Grenade Kill (0:25):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cckjbBAj7Ew

I thought the same thing re player base in general. But it was 23 bucks this week at Best buy with GCU so I figured why not

Ashtar

A big benefit of buying on Xbox is the lfg, do we have numbers on Xbox seems to be around 5-6k most days on PS4 I guess Xbox would be around the same

Ashtar

Tried some more classes over the last few days, branching out from my Pointmain main. Made some more videos as well. I'm really liking Pointman, Tank and Medic now. Different enough play styles, yet they can all prove very efficient in their own way in most situations.

Medic - Full Round (4:13, action starts about 1:04 minute in):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8NOkKkIIwU

Tank - Full Round (3:47, action starts about 1:10 minute in):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpQcosqNFz4

Assassin - Short clip - Grenade Kill (0:25):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cckjbBAj7Ew
Sorry for the double post but that tank video was dope! I hate fighting tanks they have so much damn life, snipers and enforcers are pretty hard counters though

I love this mode, as many others this reminds me of the good old socom days. Especially in 3rd person aiming. The pacing is nice and slow, unlike many other stressful shooters nowadays. Also it is so beautiful to look at, sound design is pretty great too. Here's hoping for further support from the developers in the future!

Every discussion i read on the internet about this game is filled with people hoping it's a SOCOM equivalent lol. I wish we could just get the real thing =(

Sorry for the double post but that tank video was dope! I hate fighting tanks they have so much damn life, snipers and enforcers are pretty hard counters though
Thanks mate! They can be a hard counter indeed. Snipers aren't an issue if you always stay close to cover and don't run in straight lines in the open if you suspect one's watching you. The hardest counters when I play Tank I feel are Pointman and mines. You should always try to get Tanks from either a safe distance or in the flank. Be absolutely sure to be the first to shoot if you're flanking him though. Pointman has +20% health (vs. my P90) + stable aim when getting shot at, that can be a tough class to get through as Tank, especially when they manage to stay on mid range. Mines, well, are obvious :p. And I mostly play with 2 or 3 friends. If you have a gang going you can get 'em way more easily.

Tank is really just a fun class to try and rush on certain maps.

Every discussion i read on the internet about this game is filled with people hoping it's a SOCOM equivalent lol. I wish we could just get the real thing =(
Me too, but until then... How are liking this so far btw?

Kyle549

Any word on when they are going to add in the other MP modes?

This is fun, but I'm looking forward to the hostage/prisoner mode.

hoserx

I'm digging this mode so much. Played it over the free trial, bought it the other day. It's revitalized my desire to game. It's great.

Belker

Got to play with Crude and Beo. Starting to see its potential, but the frate was a little off. Nothing obviously noticeable, but just a bit slower then I'd like.

Main annoyance was having players on our team quite once they got killed. Poor form.

Looking forward to trying it again when I understand the systems better.

Foxxsoxx

It definitely has the vibe, just way more streamlined with the radar and HUD and marking n such.

Still loads of fun though. I just want the objective modes in already, that's where this could be greatness.

manhack

How does this feel compared to PUBG TPP? more or less jank?

Way less janky. Looks great and runs smooth as butter. I turned off some of the vegetation and shadows and get a stable framerate.

The networking is a little iffy at this point which I put down to being P2P matchmaking, but I haven't had too many BS moments.

Gonna play the crap out of the game this weekend and work on Prestige 1 before the next patch comes out.

Lot's of folks are starting to play it on the discord channels I frequent, so that is good. I don't think we have the next hot gaming trend here, but I expect a solid and committed fan base on this game mode.

Hip Hop

I'm not a big fan of "one life" game modes.

The gameplay in the online multiplayer is great, hopefully respawnable deathmatch is coming soon.

Update coming Monday to fix thermal vision (now only scouts will have it), improve match making (less level 1s on one team)
Bigger update in November that will have new classes, new modes
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1769883-Dev-Team-Update

I understand the thermal fix, but I was really hoping that when I hit level 35 I could run assassin w/ thermals. In my mind, that class should have access to it.

Do i need the base game or can I buy it separately in the PS4 network?
You need to have the base game. I THINK it is still 50% off though, if I'm correct then I recommend getting it at that price.

Does in-game chat sometimes not work for some people? Worked for me this morning (on the Xbox), but this evening I could see notification that people in my fireteam were talking but I couldn't hear them. Was not in a party.

Ponchito

Being a SOCOM fan I desperately want to like this, but I just can’t stand all those drones, recon, beacons, markings, HUD alerts. Hell even dead players can point out things.

Top Bottom