• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #11 | Thanks for the Spelunkin', the Spookin', and the Scoopin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just realized the screenshot for mario speedwagon is from dolphin, meaning someone actually played through mario party games on their pc, via emulator, to get screenshots of it for a wiki

Zaph

Beardless couch is like an alternate reality

2720431-must-be-nice.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Next MPP will feature Rorie or Jason. Jeff won't do this again. Brad just killed him.

Pikmin 1 & 2, Luigi's Mansion & Super Smash Bros Melee.

I rest my case, good sir!

Ocarina of Time
Majora
Also the first Smash Bros is the best. THERE IS SAID IT
Also also: Mario Kart 64 vs Mario Kart Who Cares.
Also also also: Fukcing RARE

Nintendo 64 has some of the best games ever, but in terms of damage to the Nintendo brand it's by far the worst. If they had gotten FFVII, the current game landscape would be VERY different.

Isn't the N64 more powerful than the PS1? It doesn't have that awful polygon shifting, at least.

The PS1 could have higher res textures and more polygons in some cases (the N64 had variable modes for that stuff), IIRC (as well as the obvious benefits of more storage space) but the warped polygons, lack of any filtering, and a bunch of other drawbacks meant that the PS1 was weaker on paper. The N64 was bottlenecked by the cartridges and I believe some kind of weird programming limitation in the memory that only a few developers (Factor 5 and Rare namely) got around, which is why their games are just astonishing on a technical level compared to other stuff of that gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom