• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Persona 5 has a great quick look and would be a great candidate for more coverage if not for the extra baggage the franchise carries for them.

"Baggage" is an understatement. It's fucking Atlantean at this point.

Edit: whatever the name is of the "we're coming to steal your shit now" theme is really fucking great. Ripping J-rock plus some disco-ass violin works so well.

Hindl

Ryuji's just Yosuke plus some extra anti-adult bias, which I totally understand as a new character trait they inserted since a decade ago. Hell, the relationship with the mascot character has been the damn same so far, too.

If it's another decade til the next one, VR/AR gaming/social spaces will be a key component in it. No fucking doubt.

Morgana's way better than Teddy. He has his doubts, but is much more sure of himself and isn't making animal puns all the time

Joeku

Morgana's way better than Teddy. He has his doubts, but is much more sure of himself and isn't making animal puns all the time

No motherfucking doubt, my dude, Teddy is a pebble under his pawboot. Just saying the relationship between the two is the same.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh no, trust me, yosuke sucks.

Ryuji also sucks for a different reason. Dude needs to fucking chill.

Junpei still the best bro.

Salarians

all this Teddy dissing is

unBEARable

tumblr_mkpeiuNyx01s01doao1_500.gif

Hindl

Hey you remember what I said about backseat modding and Persona 5 talk?

You guys took it too far.

People always talk about the games they're playing here. Persona 5 is just the last big game to come out, whereas before we had horizon, Zelda and nier come out close together do there was variety. And it helps that Persona is a pretty special series to GB, even if it was only 4. It's natural people will talk about it

Antiwhippy

On actual giantbomb things, listening to the bombcasts when the Xbone was first revealed it's kinda funny how much giantbomb was trying to justify it by going "yeah the PS4 is totally going to do that too, can't help it that's how the industry is heading towards"

Oh boy.

Fireblend

Banned
I just spent like 3 hours watching this Sacriel dude's Battleground stream that someone recommended in the previous thread (a past broadcast, actually) and now I'd love to see a This is the Run series with Dan and Vinny trying to win a game. It might be too technical for them or for it to actually be fun last the initial attempts though.

danm999

On actual giantbomb things, listening to the bombcasts when the Xbone was first revealed it's kinda funny how much giantbomb was trying to justify it by going "yeah the PS4 is totally going to do that too, can't help it that's how the industry is heading towards"

Oh boy.

Or that they didn't realise it was DOA outside the US.

hamchan

Oh boy.

They were so confident about it too that everyone thought they must have had inside information. Turns out they were just being arrogant in their abilities to predict the industry during a generation change, the time when the industry is most unpredictable.

Antiwhippy

I mean it's the most predictable in the sense that it mostly stayed the same, but yeah, I love going back to listen to the bombcast during a past major event.

Guess Who

Banned

Oh boy.

My memory of the time was that there were rumors circulating about the PS4 doing similar shit well before the Xbox One reveal - like, a year before the Xbox One reveal (or PS4 reveal for that matter). It wasn't exactly an unpopular or unsubstantiated thought at the time.

Antiwhippy

My memory of the time was that there were rumors circulating about the PS4 doing similar shit well before the Xbox One reveal - like, a year before the Xbox One reveal (or PS4 reveal for that matter). It wasn't exactly an unpopular or unsubstantiated thought at the time.

Oh I know, I don't exactly blame (blame is a weird word for this) giantbomb for getting it wrong, it's just funny how adamant they were.

Harpuia

In the alternate universe where they did a Persona 5 endurance run, I think alternate Jeff and alternate Vinny would appreciate how different P5 is and that it very much is doing it's own thing and not just "another" P4.

I wanna say Shu was on record talking to eurogamer at the ps4 reveal or soon after saying sony had no crazy DRM plans.

People still banged the "Sony too" drum though. And I guess sony themselves fanned the flames by purposefully going dark once the xbox stuff dropped so they could silent assasin murder that shit at e3.

It's a really nice looking steelbook outside and inside, but I like to display Persona game cases on my shelf so I feel like getting a second copy just for the regular boxart.

Antiwhippy

Also the bombcast after that that E3 where that shit went down is pretty great. I forgot how many classics we got from that.

"Dark souls? I'm dark sold!"

Tubobutts

In the alternate universe where they did a Persona 5 endurance run, I think alternate Jeff and alternate Vinny would appreciate how different P5 is and that it very much is doing it's own thing and not just "another" P4.
Jeff hates Personas that aren't like Persona 4.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
P5 battle win music engrained in my brain (I'm ok with it)
im broken. Nothing is really sticking with me. It could also be that I've sunk 180 hours into BotW now. I need a break from games and read some books.

I just spent like 3 hours watching this Sacriel dude's Battleground stream that someone recommended in the previous thread (a past broadcast, actually) and now I'd love to see a This is the Run series with Dan and Vinny trying to win a game. It might be too technical for them or for it to actually be fun last the initial attempts though.
Omg yes! This is the best idea.

This is the PUB Run™

Zero315

Banned
Yeahhh there's some jokes about Naoto in particular that they definitely would not (and should not) make today. Not that the game itself handles her much better (the crossdressing pageant is... rough). Luckily it doesn't crop up enough to ruin the series.

I've had the P4 Endurance Run on in the background while I'm playing P5/doing other stuff and I really forgot how much gay panic is in that game. P5's attitude towards gay men isn't much better, but at least there hasn't been a lot of it so far.

I like Ryuji a lot....

Same, he's basically a not-shitty version of Yosuke. I liked Yosuke but hooooly shit was he an awful person.

Morgana is totally better than Teddie, once Teddie became a person he became insufferable and kinda creepy.

Edit: Vinny started playing P5 tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom