• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_oni13sCOEH1u25pmjo2_500.gif

Dany

Banned
The lack of Persona 5 content is alarming.

I imagine Vinny dropped ME:A for persona. Hopefully he can manage to put time into it come GOTY.

Cuz it is GOTY.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If anything hopefully Alex can convert vinny over to the true Goty. >_> <_<

I'll be happy for any mention honestly.

Jintor

i can't even imagine looking at ME:A and then Persona 5

i know it's a style difference as well obvs but man, me:a, man...

Megasoum

Banned
I downloaded the English Puyo Puyo demo on my Switch but without the fish screaming "TEEEETUUURRIIISSSS" there's really no reason to play it.

oti

Banned
I downloaded the English Puyo Puyo demo on my Switch but without the fish screaming "TEEEETUUURRIIISSSS" there's really no reason to play it.

Also the English demo limits you to best of 1 matches while the Japanese demo lets you go best of 5.

Yeah, he's becoming an ordained minister so he can be the Doritos Locos Tacos fueled by Mountain Dew Baja Blast Master of ceremonies at the Taco Bell Chapel in Las Vegas.

'Our Father, who art in tacos, Chalupa be your name. Thy burritos come, your will be done, at The Bell as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily quesadilla, and forgive us our stealing of sauce packets, as we forgive those who use too many. And lead us not into the bathroom, but deliver us from indigestion. For thine is the greatest restaurant, for ever and ever, Taco Bell.'"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was kind of interested in Cosmic Star Heroine til it felt like every other minute of hte QL was a fight and hte fights felt like they went far too long

Giganteus

Have they have ever done a quick look of a game they've already quick looked before? This upcoming Puyo Puyo Tetris is the only one I can recall.

I didn't realise Idle Thumbs had fallen in love with Zelda so hard. I'm going back listening to the post-episode-300 episodes I've missed and it's like the new Far Cry 2.

Wtf, gonna delete my still unplayed Puyo demo right now.

Give me Teturisu or give me death!

I call it puyo puyo teturisu when we'd bust out the ps4 import copy to play and it's seriously dampening my love for it to see it gone

Also they FUCKED up just about every characters voice. My boy Sig had the best voice in the JP version and the English voice acting was so off putting that I just changed mains.

Brashnir

I was kind of interested in Cosmic Star Heroine til it felt like every other minute of hte QL was a fight and hte fights felt like they went far too long

CSH is a very combat-focused game, and the combat engine is definitely the game's strength. One of the best things about the game is that each encounter is unique. You won't get the same fight against 3 of X enemy dozens of times. (Unless you specifically choose to force an encounter to respawn to grind - though grinding is never needed. The game is beatable on the highest difficulty without ever grinding).

Each section of the game will tend to feature 5-10 encounters with various combinations of enemy types, with some obvious repeats of individual enemies, but never the exact same encounter twice. The game also periodically forces you to change up your team makeup and skill loadouts, so you don't just fall into a rut of doing the same thing over and over for 20 hours.

If you don't care for the actual game part of the games you play, you should probably skip Cosmic Star Heroine. If you play games primarily to engage with interactions of game systems, it's one of the best RPGs to come along in decades.

Mr. F

Banned
This probably won't get any play at GB but maaaan I'm hype for MK8 next week. I was inexplicably super hooked on the Wii U version and having it on the go is going to be rad.

Scizzy

This probably won't get any play at GB but maaaan I'm hype for MK8 next week. I was inexplicably super hooked on the Wii U version and having it on the go is going to be rad.

Dan and Alex will probably be into it. And maybe if Vinny gets a Switch, Max will get him hooked too.

Had Baja Blast for the second time today, first time being maybe 15 years ago. Still the worst Mountain Dew flavor. I'll check back in when I'm 45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom