• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Jintor

can't believe in the last week i've been super tempted by new games i had zero interest in up until now - danganronpa v3, marvel infinite, divinity 2, something else i already forgot about. hell i went and bought samus returns on launch day for some reason (not regretting it, it's great)

Joeku

... No.

The MP looks neat though. Depending on how much content is in it I may cop the Season Pass.

FFXV is a game that's half-decent almost solely via budget. It does so many damn things wrong, but it's at least appreciable for how silly and Japanese some of it is while being so high-fidelity.

Another one. Hell yeah it is. Rorie will talk about it behind the scenes but thankfully, we got Ben to talk about it during the deliberations.

Prey might still be number 2 for me. You're not alone, DM.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Does Ben actually like it? Last I heard about it from him was jsut that it's very difficult for him.

I know Abby and Alex played it but both of them seemed pretty meh about it. Abby read up on the ending and sold it off before finishing it lol.

Joeku

Does Ben actually like it?

I know Abby and Alex played it but both of them seemed pretty meh about it. Abby read up on the ending and sold it off lol.

To be fair, the ending could have landed way harder than it did. I took Austin's advice and avoided some stuff until I was almost done and I still figured it out.

- J - D -

I eagerly anticipate Ben's participation in this year's goty talks. I perceive him as someone who will fight for what he believes in.

derFeef

Another one. Hell yeah it is. Rorie will talk about it behind the scenes but thankfully, we got Ben to talk about it during the deliberations.

Oh Ben likes it? I did miss that somehow.
It really feels like playing a 2017 System Shock. It's also kinda overwhelming and empowering at the same time.

Does Ben actually like it? Last I heard about it from him was jsut that it's very difficult for him.

I know Abby and Alex played it but both of them seemed pretty meh about it. Abby read up on the ending and sold it off before finishing it lol.

Initially that's how he felt but after getting a certain item in the game, it made things much better. I mean, the game does get easier the more you progress in the sense that you get more and more options to go about stuff. It still has some BS though, like enemies respawning in older rooms including later enemies you find in the game, not a fan of that.

Anyways, Rorie & Ben talked about how much they love Prey on this UPF.

Joeku

Initially that's how he felt but after getting a certain item in the game, it made things much better. I mean, the game does get easier the more you progress in the sense that you get more and more options to go about stuff. It still has some BS though, like enemies respawning in older rooms including later enemies you find in the game, not a fan of that.

Anyways, Rorie & Ben talked about how much they love Prey on this UPF.

Wait, what item? Spoiler if necessary, cuz I can't think of what it could be.

Joeku

Y'know The Yellow Tulip in Prey is maybe the best moment or sequence of the fucking year and it's totally not gonna be recognized at all.

Wait, what item? Spoiler if necessary, cuz I can't think of what it could be.

Psychoscope.
Another thing that more people should do while playing Prey is to collect all the fucking junk because you could recycle them into pretty much whatever you want. Ammo, Medkits, Armor, upgrade points.etc

Joeku

Psychoscope.
Another thing that more people should do while playing Prey is to collect all the fucking junk because you could recycle them into pretty much whatever you want. Ammo, Medkits, Armor, upgrade points.etc

That's what I thought you might have meant, but that only lead to
alien abilities which I avoided my first time through because I'm apparently a race purist
. Good ol GLU gun + shotgun never got old, though.

2965113-vlcsnap-2017-09-19-17h29m34s864.jpg

Demo Derby: Official Xbox Magazine 054
We straddle the generation gap, find the fart button, and discover the origin of physics.

Time to dive right the fuck in

drabnon

I'm eagerly anticipating Brad's fight for Destiny 2. I have a feeling he will not rest until the game sits snugly in top 5.

oti

Banned
I'm eagerly anticipating Brad's fight for Destiny 2. I have a feeling he will not rest until the game sits snugly in top 5.

I have no idea what, if any, role Ben and Abby are going to play this year. The rest is pretty predictable I'd say.

Abby could try to get Splatoon 2 on there, or not.
Abby could support Brad on Destiny 2, or not.
Abby could make a heel turn
did I use this right, wrestling fans?
and supprt that D-game PUBG, or not.

Ben, no idea. I bet there will be plenty of bad jokes though.

LiK

Abby still enjoys D2 so it'll be up there. She can't seem to finish all these other big games from earlier in the year.

pizzacat

Banned
Persona 1 is real good

Games first fight is 10 minutes in.

A character dies and tells one of your party members to be the best man in japan, like half of your party already has reasons that are fleshed out enough to know why they're there, shadowy business men are everywhere and it's only been 2 hours in

I've only ever played P2EP before 3 and don't remember the beginning too much but I remember it being great as well

And the fucking music

I already knew this jam but the rest?

Love it

Also metroid was really good and gives me even more hope for the future

Prey is basically the System Shock 3 I always wanted.
So yeah, it's pretty good.
2017 is a crazy year.

I will also continue to say that Divinity 2 is amazing and you are probably a bad person if you don't play it.
Prey is still my goty, even though it may change with the replays of both this and metroid coming soon

Prey
Metroid
Tekken
Hot Shots
RE7

This years been great and mvci is prolly gonna be up there too with the 5 hours I sunk in it today alone

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Prey is basically the System Shock 3 I always wanted.
So yeah, it's pretty good.
2017 is a crazy year.

I will also continue to say that Divinity 2 is amazing and you are probably a bad person if you don't play it.

Top Bottom