• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

aeVbzdK.jpg

paging dan

Stubbs The Zombie was probably the last game I played on my Xbox before jumping to 360 and it was awesome. A great end to a good console. It's no surprise why the game is underrated as fuck, it's because it released right at the end of Xbox's life cycle. The game is also backwards compatible on Xbox 360.

BTA

aeVbzdK.jpg

paging dan

oh no

Time to go finish Picross 3D and then get addicted to this.

Breaking News

FFXV in general is kinda cool

It's a mess that I sincerely love a lot.

And also became completely overpowered in.

I not only regularly boosted my level by saving up a ton of XP by doing a lot of the open world stuff and then sleeping at the 2x hotel, but also then abused the DLC ring that prevents leveling (which really just prevents cashing in XP) to prevent the end of story chapters from forcing me to cash in XP and so saved a ridiculous amount before going to the 3x hotel.

the game became very easy

oh, cook serve delicious 2. i think that's out this week, or already out.

hope it gets a ql

It's out! I'd like to check it out even though I never got super far in the first, because the first was so good, but i'm probably gonna get Heat Signature instead.

oti

Banned
UPDATED GOTY LIST

1. Picross
2. Zelda
3. Mario
4. Splatoon
5. Mario Rabbids
6. Stardew Switch
7. Animal Corossing Mobile
8. The Octopath Traveler Demo
9. whatever
10. whatever

Hasney

I'm really hoping that 1) Steamworld Dig is out early tomorrow on the eShop and 2) The hotel WiFi is good enough to download it ready for my train home.

oti

Banned
I'm really hoping that 1) Steamworld Dig is out early tomorrow on the eShop and 2) The hotel WiFi is good enough to download it ready for my train home.
Aw yeah, that too! Good I jumped on the 20€ for 15€ PayPal offer. Steam World 2, Picross, Golf Story and Stardew. *-*
Aww, no Picross 3D tho.
Picross 3D without stylus sounds like a bad time.

swimbuff

Wow this Demo Derby is off to a great start with this Painkiller dev interview. That fucking nu metal guitar shit, damn I'm laughing my butt off.

swimbuff

People like to act like they're too cool for nu metal, but i say that nu metal was too cool for them.

I was super into nu metal for a part of my life, but it's funny how everyone shits on it now. I wonder why it gets such a harsher treatment than other subgenres of metal.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I was super into nu metal for a part of my life, but it's funny how everyone shits on it now. I wonder why it gets such a harsher treatment than other subgenres of metal.

As someone who used to hang out at metal forums I'll say that metalcore gets about the same level of heat.

swimbuff

As someone who used to hang out at metal forums I'll say that metalcore gets about the same level of heat.

Well obviously because metalcore fucking sucks.
j/k

Oh shit just read about the Iwata tribute and I'm tearing up. What a beautiful gesture. I only just listened to an old Beastcast a couple days ago where they discussed his death. Gone too soon.

LiK

There's a thumbs up Twitch emote that looks like Jeff Bakalar to me. Probably not him but anytime I see it I just think it's Jeff.

Hmmm they might never taste chicken dinner as a group.

Murder Island might become the longest running series on Giant Bomb...

GBGaf OT 33: "It's like a Hammerhead shark".

I kinda miss and don't miss Killswitch Engage. What a weird feeling.
If anything, I miss the Howard era of them. Jesse was alright at the start of the band, but was not feeling the band at all once he came back. They put on quite a live show back in the day.

I would say the only nu metal band I listen to anymore is Deftones (even though they aren't truly nu metal but always get lumped in with the genre), but listening to a lot of those bands got me interested in metal/hardcore as a whole. POD is still entertaining to listen to, fight me.

Probably because the mainstream bands in that genre (Asking Alexandria, Bullet for My Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold, etc.) are really bad.

Vic_Viper

Anyone know what 3rd Strike video they were talking about on the Bombcast? Something called like "why you should play 3rd Strike."

Anyone have a link?

swimbuff

I would say the only nu metal band I listen to anymore is Deftones (even though they aren't truly nu metal but always get lumped in with the genre), but listening to a lot of those bands got me interested in metal/hardcore as a whole. POD is still entertaining to listen to, fight me.

I love Deftones but I'd say only their first album was nu metal really which is probably why they're lumped in with that crowd. I haven't listened to Korn in a billion years, but they helped me get through that part of my life and I'll never be ashamed to admit I loved their stuff.

(btw I almost automatically capitalized the R in Korn there.. fucking muscle memory lol)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Around the fur was pretty Nu metal too.

Then they released white pony which is one of the perfect albums in the world.

Top Bottom