• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

vqnNLuo.png

Mr. F

Banned
I need more switch quick looks, eShop is filling out more by the the week. Quality is probably all over the place but there are a couple here and there Im curious about

TraBuch

Banned
I feel like people unanimously like the Switch. Does anyone dislike it? Are there any serious flaws that people just like to ignore? Besides the voice chat thing.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I feel like people unanimously like the Switch. Does anyone dislike it? Are there any serious flaws that people just like to ignore? Besides the voice chat thing.
The button layout in handheld position is fatiguing.

Watched Brad's Mario Odyssey footage, and I'm definitely on board now. It seems like a perfect game for the platform, which is something I've found myself saying about a lot of Switch games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, especially playing in a position where you're supporting the weight of the system with your hands my palms tend to cramp a lot from the edges of the joy con digging in

I don't actually find long sessions to be fatiguing but I kickstarted the gripcase.

BTA

I really like Heat Signature and just played a couple hours more than I should've, whoops.

RIP Asli Fiasco, great nonlethal character, who got captured because I took a mission I knew was far too difficult for me and didn't not flee from it when I had the chance. Or as soon as my plan to deal with it quickly clearly was not working.

Probably the biggest feeling of loss I've felt over a roguelike character and I'm just getting started. Hopefully someone on my Steam friendslist eventually buys it because they got marked as someone they can save and then play themselves.

bomma_man

I forgot to post this yesterday when there were talks about Mario Odyssey and the controls. I remembered that from some of the Treehouse footage I saw live, they were playing it with a pro controller.

There’s no debate that you can play with the pro controller, but the pro controller has motion in it too so it probably doesn’t change anything.

Not that I care. Ten years is long enough to learn how stop being a whiny bitch about motion controls.

There’s no debate that you can play with the pro controller, but the pro controller has motion in it too so it probably doesn’t change anything.

Not that I care. Ten years is long enough to learn how stop being a whiny bitch about motion controls.

Motion controls are terrible though, they add nothing but frustration to what should be a simple button press, now you have to wave your arms like an idiot and pray that it somehow actually does what you trying to do in the first place. The Pro controller on Switch is the only controller anyone should ever use. It should have been packed in, instead of the terrible joycons that were made for toddler hands. I honestly don't understand how anyone could have played through BotW with a joycon at all.

10 years? Yeah, Nintendo should be done with shoving terrible motion controls on games they have no place in.

Nerokis

Oh my god, this SMS was goddamn joyous. Best episode in awhile.

update : I started Route B and haven't touched it for the past 2 days, I don't know how I feel about
replaying the same story twice

It worked for me. I already feel that a lot of media is better
the second time you experience it
, and Route B leaned into that in some cool ways. Also, I think I remember Alex coming out as a Route B person during the recent PAX panel, and he tends to have the best opinions.

Top Bottom