• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

yY1ugoo.png

Zaph

It's precisely why I adore NY in old movies. The grain + cheap film just adds a lot to the grungy, raw and dirty look of NY in a sense that the city itself is a character in the film more or less and it usually works alongside the film's story or themes. NY in films nowadays just look too clean and that's a shame.

yuuuup

just not enough grates with loads of steam coming out of them these days

It's a very different film, but if you want some of that aesthetic, I recommend Paris Is Burning.

Pretty boring segment to be honest. Though, to be fair the only games I enjoy watching GB play anymore are older games. Probably why I stopped watching quick looks a long time ago.

I was hoping for a return of VinnyVania so he could get through one of the N64 Castlevania games, but a six (maybe?) part series of Abby playing horror games sounds great.

Pretty boring segment to be honest. Though, to be fair the only games I enjoy watching GB play anymore are older games. Probably why I stopped watching quick looks a long time ago.

I think the reason why the Old Games lead to such good content is that they're familiar or simple enough to not require a lot of questions being asked, so the discussion can focus on the action at hand (TitR) or get memorably tangential or farfetched (Blue Bombin').

ArjanN

I htink Echo or Don't Starve can work for a playdate just fine but then you have to actually pay attention and make it about the game.

If you just want to talk and goof around you might as well play Jackbox, Mario Party or Nidhogg or something.

did i miss the conversation about vinny's incredible, time-stopping monologue at the beginning of the corrections segment?

regardless, if you are reading this vinny, thank you so much for saying that

Id love them to play the Silent Hill series. It has qualities of adventure games to them with a fascinating story. I legit think itd make for an interesting and fun playthrough.

Top Bottom