• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

It was a page back, but in regards to parent gamers:

Mom - Used to always steal my Gameboy from me to play Tetris. Taught me to curse and then told me that cursing was bad because she would say "Shit!" and then panic because she felt bad. Always bought me Nintendo games because she wanted to play Mario with me. SWEARS that I'm good at video games because she played Pac-Man and pinball when she was pregnant with me. She's also in a Youtube video I made playing Pac-Man DX and cursing that's ranked pretty high in general searches.

Dad - Used to play YDKJ with me and get pissed because I could speed read the questions (which is all you need for that game), and would get confused because it wasn't knowing the right answer, it's more knowing the joke answer. Also played a SHITLOAD of Top Gear and Top Gear whatever the 2nd game was with me (an old SNES racing game). By himself, he played a ton of Sim City 2000 and SimTower (and would try to teach me to play).

Uncle - Taught me how to use a computer when I was 4 (1987) and would let me play games with him on it (Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, some weird f'ed Karate game), as well as had the first NES in the family. Him and I beat Bubble Bobble legit when I used to stay over at the house with him.

I was extremely blessed when it comes to that kinda thing.

Teddified

My Dad liked doom at let me play it a few times but besides from that all my interest in games just came from friends playing stuff at other peoples houses until I finally got a gameboy color.

Aselith

My dad wouldn't let me install games on our computer because someone told him "it makes computers run badly"

I hate you forever, Dad!

I love you Dad but fuck whoever that was

Room temperature take : Steamworld Dig 2 is pretty fun. They added a couple of mechanics, and since they're genuinely doing the "Everything is in the same universe" concept with Steamworld, the way they tie this into the first Steamworld Dig is cool (aside from the other titles).

Volcynika

Room temperature take : Steamworld Dig 2 is pretty fun. They added a couple of mechanics, and since they're genuinely doing the "Everything is in the same universe" concept with Steamworld, the way they tie this into the first Steamworld Dig is cool (aside from the other titles).

Going to pick that up on Switch, been looking forward to it. Glad it's getting positive impressions!

BTA

The thing I forgot to mention in my post about my parents is that the mom I was talking about really loves Snood.

I am not entirely sure why, but she does.

She's played the iOS version so I guess my mom has technically played an Iron Galaxy game.

Salarians

that Fortnite/Battlegrounds stuff is still so crazy to me; the speed at which they got that thing out (and how fast it's becoming free to play, unlike the actual Fortnite), how extremely similar it is to PUBG in so many ways, and now the PUBG dev's response to it

feel bad for the people who spent $40+ on a lighthearted co-op game only to now be getting the impression that the developers would rather focus on chasing that PUBG money, Janine Hawkins wrote a good article on that aspect

I saw a retail copy of Fortnite in the store and I was like "Huh? Wasn't this early access?".

It's kinda a gross situation.

It doesn't end there. The F2P aspect of Fortnite are some of the most exploitative I've ever seen. You pretty much need to spend money in the game to upgrade your gear.

that Fortnite/Battlegrounds stuff is still so crazy to me; the speed at which they got that thing out (and how fast it's becoming free to play, unlike the actual Fortnite), how extremely similar it is to PUBG in so many ways, and now the PUBG dev's response to it

feel bad for the people who spent $40+ on a lighthearted co-op game only to now be getting the impression that the developers would rather focus on chasing that PUBG money, Janine Hawkins wrote a good article on that aspect

I don't think Fortnite was going to take off tbh. Can't fault the devs for adding in Battle Royale before it was too late and people moved away from it.

Top Bottom