• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I saw a retail copy of Fortnite in the store and I was like "Huh? Wasn't this early access?".

It's kinda a gross situation.

Reminds me of this.

81u3stYOoCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

that Fortnite/Battlegrounds stuff is still so crazy to me; the speed at which they got that thing out (and how fast it's becoming free to play, unlike the actual Fortnite), how extremely similar it is to PUBG in so many ways, and now the PUBG dev's response to it

feel bad for the people who spent $40+ on a lighthearted co-op game only to now be getting the impression that the developers would rather focus on chasing that PUBG money, Janine Hawkins wrote a good article on that aspect

The part that gets me was fortnite was in development for 7 years, and 4 months into its release they decide to piggy back off another games mode loool. An insult to the players who brought into the hype of the pve and the devs who worked hard on Fortnite.

The part that gets me was fortnite was in development for 7 years, and 4 months into its release they decide to piggy back off another games mode loool. An insult to the players who brought into the hype of the pve and the devs who worked hard on Fortnite.

Ignoring/adding on to that (and not really giving a shit about either game), it IS kinda fucked that the people who sold PUBG their engine are the ones that are making their own game too.

So uhhh I just played Pokken Tournament DX for like two hours...

I was hooked.

I think I found my Switch game till Odyssey.

Also I bought it over Mario Rabbids but I enjoyed the demo and I looked at some single player footage and I've been playing it and it's a fucking solid pokemon fighting game.

Damn.

Hasney

So uhhh I just played Pokken Tournament DX for like two hours...

I was hooked.

I think I found my Switch game till Odyssey.

Also I bought it over Mario Rabbids but I enjoyed the demo and I looked at some single player footage and I've been playing it and it's a fucking solid pokemon fighting game.

Damn.

Pokken is fucking awesome. I don't like Tekken so much, but the phases and stuff in that just make the game. Have it on Wii U and worried about the online after it, but I'll pick it up at some point.

Hasney

It was a page back, but in regards to parent gamers:

Mom - Used to always steal my Gameboy from me to play Tetris. Taught me to curse and then told me that cursing was bad because she would say "Shit!" and then panic because she felt bad. Always bought me Nintendo games because she wanted to play Mario with me. SWEARS that I'm good at video games because she played Pac-Man and pinball when she was pregnant with me. She's also in a Youtube video I made playing Pac-Man DX and cursing that's ranked pretty high in general searches.

Dad - Used to play YDKJ with me and get pissed because I could speed read the questions (which is all you need for that game), and would get confused because it wasn't knowing the right answer, it's more knowing the joke answer. Also played a SHITLOAD of Top Gear and Top Gear whatever the 2nd game was with me (an old SNES racing game). By himself, he played a ton of Sim City 2000 and SimTower (and would try to teach me to play).

Uncle - Taught me how to use a computer when I was 4 (1987) and would let me play games with him on it (Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, some weird f'ed Karate game), as well as had the first NES in the family. Him and I beat Bubble Bobble legit when I used to stay over at the house with him.

I was extremely blessed when it comes to that kinda thing.

Ha, I have various stories as well

Dad - Probably the reason I'm so into gaming. From when I can remember, we had an Atari 2600 and Vic-20, then a C64 and then an Amiga. We got other consoles as we asked for them, but my dad was more into computers and on the Amiga, played the hell out of Sensible World of Soccer. I still have an ADF backup of his last team as he passed away years ago, but I can still beat him.

Unfortunately, being a computer kid, I got the bad arcade ports. After me and my brother played SF2 in an arcade, we got the C64 version. Ew. We then got the Amiga version later in life and when I played the SNES version at a friends, I didn't understand why I couldn't do a dragon punch. You see, the Amiga version has that move as a charge move and not the USUAL INPUT

Mum - Has a Steam account... Because I introduced her to Puzzle Quest which she finished. She's the reason we got handhelds, addicted to Tetris, then got a Game Gear for Columns... The got a Lynx and I can't understand why. Still alive, but mainly plays Candy Crush now... So dead inside.

Auntie - SHE HAD A MEGA DRIVE BEFORE I HAD A CONSOLE MORE ADVANCED THAN THE ATARI. Holy shit, Sonic 1, Altered Beast and Madden '92 were the main games. I have no idea why she had Madden, but me and my brother eventually worked out the rules. We knew Rugby, so it took a while to realise that punting over the sticks wasn't a drop goal.... I asked for a Mega Drive for my birthday and I got... A Master System 2. I was slightly disappointed as a kid, but man, glad I got the console. The Sonic games were so different and Alex Kidd was brilliant.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Pokken is great. I don't enjoy fighting games at all normally (except for Smash I guess) but a game where you just fight with Pokemon is a thing me and my siblings have wanted for years. We don't need to be very good at it to have fun

bomma_man

Pokken is great. I don't enjoy fighting games at all normally (except for Smash I guess) but a game where you just fight with Pokemon is a thing me and my siblings have wanted for years. We don't need to be very good at it to have fun

It’s the closest thing to the fights in the tv show; it looks and feels rad.

BTA

I'm farming items in the original Nier and oh my god I don't think the reality sank in when I was doing the start of this undertaking a few weeks ago.

Reloading repeatedly to check the 3 gathering spots for black pearls, which I need 15 of and have 0 of, is maybe hell.

I'm farming items in the original Nier and oh my god I don't think the reality sank in when I was doing the start of this undertaking a few weeks ago.

Reloading repeatedly to check the 3 gathering spots for black pearls, which I need 15 of and have 0 of, is maybe hell.

Good luck getting eagle eggs.

Salarians

please don't do this to yourself

Triggered.

BTA

Good luck getting eagle eggs.

I have those filed under things that apparently spawn decently in a part of the DLC that's good for farming so I at least won't have to farm those specifically unless I exhaust most of the other things that spawn in that section.

please don't do this to yourself

I can't help it; this is sunk cost after 1% of the time

also I googled in desperation and found that apparently switching to easy makes the black pearls spawn more and I'm not sure if it's actually true but I now have like 4 in 10 minutes after nothing in 20, so

I have those filed under things that apparently spawn decently in a part of the DLC that's good for farming so I at least won't have to farm those specifically unless I exhaust most of the other things that spawn in that section.

I can't help it; this is sunk cost after 1% of the time

also I googled in desperation and found that apparently switching to easy makes the black pearls spawn more and I'm not sure if it's actually true but I now have like 4 in 10 minutes after nothing in 20, so

At least the music in the dlc is super good.

So why are you doing this? Platinum trophy?

BTA

At least the music in the dlc is super good.

So why are you doing this? Platinum trophy?

Yes.

I went "I really like this game so I should Plat it". For some reason. I think it's mostly that it's not a particularly hard thing to do, just slightly time consuming.

And then I did the work to plan that out and got daunted but I also put the work into planning it out, and if I was actually better at regularly using it as a podcast game (which I'm doing now, sorta - I was listening to a FatT Patreon steam that just ended) instead to just doing that every two weeks I'd be done already.

Honestly I think this and the huge amount of DLC stuff should be the only annoying parts; I actually have at least some portion of everything else.

EDIT:

I should say
part of the motivation was that like... there are other games I'd think this for and then just finish the game and not actually do them, that happens.

but to finish this means I delete my save and just backing it up does feel soooorta cheap

so, before that...

Yes.

I went "I really like this game so I should Plat it". For some reason. I think it's mostly that it's not a particularly hard thing to do, just slightly time consuming.

As someone who has platinumed Nier, let me tell you that the legendary flower trophy is a complete nightmare.

Top Bottom