• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be fair i kinda feel like i know what he means. Recently submitted a post for the neogaf essential rpg list, and while i would put pokemon crystal as my top 10 games of all time i kinda felt that it's not the 10 best rpgs I've played.

it's like dark souls (*is immediately shot*) in that short-term failure is so disdained by modern game design that the idea of losing troops or ops is repellant to most players, but XCOM and DS are designed that you can bounce back from it. Most of the time. (XCOM and XCOM2 you can actually death spiral kinda easily if you don't course-correct in time)

Ok, I'm gonna give it another go, I won't do Ironman but I will also not save scum my way through every single battle as that seems not fun at all. At least SMO is just around the corner to counter all the stress I am about to put on myself; between this and the Destiny 2 raid I am gonna need one hell of a palette cleanser.

I'm at the stage of PUGB saturation where I'm getting irrationally irritated at some of its terms.

I would be exceptionally happy if I never heard the words chicken dinner again, or if I never heard play described as spicy.

This is a shitty, irrational way to feel.

BTA

Wait, so can you... craft your own lightsaber? EA got so close to making it a selling point.

Just pay $5 for each pack of randomly selected Kyber Kards for the chance to build a lightsaber of your very own.

I have no idea and also don't know why I remembered what Kyber Crystals are

dan might be rethinking his goty

Scary.

(Also I fully expect the DLC to result in him going back to the game in general in a way that might sway things but he's deep in the Destiny pit now, so... If only he and he alone would get super into Fortnite or something to disrupt things in an interesting way...)

Hindl

Just pay $5 for each pack of randomly selected Kyber Kards for the chance to build a lightsaber of your very own.

I have no idea and also don't know why I remembered what Kyber Crystals are

Scary.

(Also I fully expect the DLC to result in him going back to the game in general in a way that might sway things but he's deep in the Destiny pit now, so... If only he and he alone would get super into Fortnite or something to disrupt things in an interesting way...)
Dan's problem is his save is on the office Switch and I'm not sure he'll want to play through the DLC on that. And Nintendo's shitty account system means he can't get the save off

BTA

Dan's problem is his save is on the office Switch and I'm not sure he'll want to play through the DLC on that. And Nintendo's shitty account system means he can't get the save off

Hmm, fair. Though it could mean he ends up replaying the entire game on his own Switch. So there's that.

I just want people to remember it and not just go to PUBG/Destiny because that's not as interesting. I'm sure Mario and such will mix things up as is though.

Harpuia

Kind of odd that they haven't shown anything about the BoTW 2nd DLC pack yet. I wonder if it's still intended on being out this holiday. Maybe they'll get Odyssey out, and then hold another direct focusing on it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh yeah forgot about hard mode. That could help, but i feel like the sense of discovery is so integral to the game that it loses its impact once you've discovered.

It's not like you can go for different builds either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The fun thing is, you're seriously suggesting that their PUBG streams have been exciting. There were like two or three good episodes.

And by episodes I mean 10 minutes tops.

Brad's home stream was better than all of PUBG combined.

Does this ever get old for you?

You complain more about the PUBG streams than Piston complained about UPF

Hasney

Golf Story will likely be my GOTY or just trash, no ibetween. Even if it's a 6/10 game, having a game like that again that I get some enjoyment out of would be so damn good.

BTA

Oh yeah forgot about hard mode. That could help, but i feel like the sense of discovery is so integral to the game that it loses its impact once you've discovered.

I agree but then I see people talk about replaying it so I dunno.

I haven't even finished because I play like once a month if that despite enjoying it a lot. I'll do the memories and fight Ganon at some point before the DLC though.

Yeah I bought the DLC, started up hard mode, discovered I have zero desire to replay that whole thing. Without the the prospect of discovering what secrets this world holds it's kind of shocking how little there is to it, really.

Hindl

Yeah that's kinda what I'm expecting but there is a lot of the game I haven't explored. Now that I've beaten it once I won't feel the urge to plow through it, and can just pick at the game over the next year or so whenever I have the time

The feature is called Six Crazy Frights but the video file is Ghost Whisperer. There was an internal struggle and no one fought for Fright or Shite.

BTA

It's not even October yet! Huh.

I'm still a little sad I never got people around to play PT; it got taken down before I got my PS4 but I have the license on my account so I could get it with that shady workaround. Probably better to just watch it and save my horror gaming with friends to newer stuff (like playing more than an hour of RE7), though.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It's not even October yet! Huh.

I'm still a little sad I never got people around to play PT; it got taken down before I got my PS4 but I have the license on my account so I could get it with that shady workaround. Probably better to just watch it and save my horror gaming with friends to newer stuff (like playing more than an hour of RE7), though.
PT is amazing and you should play it with your friends. Everybody takes a turn each cycle.

BTA

PT is amazing and you should play it with your friends. Everybody takes a turn each cycle.

I'm still considering it since we're trying to get together for horror games for Halloween, particularly since Hidden Agenda will be out then as well. This friend group playing horror games together really spun out of a few of us playing Until Dawn together (and then others in it doing the same with one person overlapping, since they had the copy I bought since I didn't have my PS4 yet at the time which... actually I think I still need to get back), so it'll be pretty fitting. Last Halloween we just played Dread (the roleplaying game), which was rad, and I think we might be playing Ten Candles this time.

I'm just sad we never got far in RE7 since other stuff came up and then some of us, uh, graduated, is all.

East: "Hey, it's getting to be Halloween season. How about we do a small feature where I play spooky games? We can record a silly intro for it, too!"

"Let's turn a Super Mario Sunshine playthrough into this weird gambling-based metagame that gets everybody involved!"

West: "Nobody here gives a shit about Kingdom Hearts, so wouldn't it be funny if I played through Kingdom Hearts?"

"Let's play Dota!"

Top Bottom