• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I very much enjoyed the GB hitman #content and hope they do more when new stuff is released! That Hitmas video is amazing, easily one of my favorite GB videos ever (Vinny's run of course)

Fireblend

Banned
I thought that was a fair Golf Story quick look. It stays like that for most of the game, IMO, give and take some highs and lows.

Some of the quests are pretty cryptic and it's hard to tell if you have what it takes to complete a quest or if you're missing something (for example, Dan already had the digging wedge equipped, but the archaeologist still told him to look for something to dig with, which is confusing because he already had the thing - he just had to talk again to trigger the next sequence), and the golf is really not as good as it could've been, specially putting-wise. Also the course gimmicks don't get much more interesting - they pretty much run out of ideas regarding those after the turtles thing.

I've been saying it for a while but that game is something like 2-3 QoL patches away from being a solid recommendation.

Zaph

Surprised only Vinny knew of ice cream trucks being notorious for their gangland connections. My old high school banned the local van because he was a rumoured fence, and in the 80's there was the infamous Ice Cream Van Wars in Scotland.

Harpuia

I didn't know Darkest Dungeon was coming to the switch! Man, I really hope devs don't stop and continue giving the switch games at a decent clip.

I've noticed that I really hate playing games on my PC, unless it truly warrants a PC/Mouse. So things like Overwatch and Civ V/XCOM 2 are fine for me. Part of this is my current setup, which makes my PC area quite cramped, and if I had a better PC and setup, I could probably hook it up to my TV.

Seventy70

btw what ever happened to Bring Your B Game? I remember the Star Wars: Force Unleashed one being pretty good. Vinny is always at his best when he plays B games. I hope they bring the feature back.

It's also just interesting to see flawed games that did some really innovative stuff.

Is Alex seriously blaming his light level for his like 400-600k damage discrepancy? I doubt 10-15 light would've bumped him up that much

omg Abby was also a mindless BL2 player

there are dozens of us

Yeah actually that difference of 10 light is a huuuge discrepancy in the end game.

Zaph

Yeah actually that difference of 10 light is a huuuge discrepancy in the end game.

Anyone run the numbers on that yet? I've read contradicting information - some saying being up to 10 levels lower than the encounter is a massive damage delt/damage taken penalty, but tapers off to a maximum of -50%, other places say once you reach the recommended bracket, the only difference is your own power (i.e the raid itself doesn't penalise you).

Anyone run the numbers on that yet? I've read contradicting information - some saying being up to 10 levels lower than the encounter is a massive damage delt/damage taken penalty, but tapers off to a maximum of -50%, other places say once you reach the recommended bracket, the only difference is your own power (i.e the raid itself doesn't penalise you).

The raid itself doesnt penalize you, but the light system does. In any encounter being 10-15 light level below the recommended tends to highly reduce the damage you do and increase the damage you take from enemies.

Harpuia

Ehhhhhhhhhhh I wish my parents made me play games only on the weekend. If only because it does force you to do other things.

Wunder

The raid itself doesnt penalize you, but the light system does. In any encounter being 10-15 light level below the recommended tends to highly reduce the damage you do and increase the damage you take from enemies.

wow, that's... awful. Was the recommended light level 280 or 290?

wow, that's... awful. Was the recommended light level 280 or 290?

So for the raid(And how it's been in previous raids), the starting reccomendation is 260, and it caps out at 280. So the first set of uh, 'puzzle bosses' and enemies are around 260, whilst Calus himself is 280. So thats why Alex and Abby started really showing how underleveled he was during the Calus encounter with their low damage.

Lari

I grew up only playing games every few weekends when we'd visit family. My cousin had a super nintendo growing up.

Aside from playing snake on my mom's nokia phone when I was 8 or 9.

Harpuia

I had a lot of good memories playing video games with childhood friends. Nah, it's fine.

I'm not saying it's not fine, I'm just saying it does force a kid to look at their options. Not every kid is going to go on a nonstop everyday they game binge, but I do think there's value in at least teaching your child that there's a bunch of other things you could potentially do besides games.

Salarians

DLd3otaWkAABpJL
is this a joke, Nintendo?

werewolves 100%

Strax

While I've been enjoying Golf Story for around 20 hours I think I'd would like more if was more RPG or more golf. I don't feel like my stats have had any real impact on my golfing, same goes for the wind, clubs etc. I was also hoping for more wacky courses.

So for the raid(And how it's been in previous raids), the starting reccomendation is 260, and it caps out at 280. So the first set of uh, 'puzzle bosses' and enemies are around 260, whilst Calus himself is 280. So thats why Alex and Abby started really showing how underleveled he was during the Calus encounter with their low damage.

It should've been 300 as the recommended light level and that's it. Stop with all this confused fuckery, Bungie.

Top Bottom