• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoo-doo

Banned
No seriously, I need my archive from yesterday's stream :( Any news from twitter?

I have some cleaning that needs doing and it always goes faster with a neat livestream on the iPad.

imBask

Banned
30min of Peter Brown talking about a fucking chip followed by Wardor talk

How to make me turn off the bombcast in 2 easy step

30min of Peter Brown talking about a fucking chip followed by Wardor talk

How to make me turn off the bombcast in 2 easy step

I enjoyed him during the GT Sport segment because I thought it was cool that he can carry an engaging conversation without it being about retro stuff

and then he started talking about retro stuff (which was fine, but still)

imBask

Banned
I enjoyed him during the GT Sport segment because I thought it was cool that he can carry an engaging conversation without it being about retro stuff

and then he started talking about retro stuff (which was fine, but still)

yeah the GT part was really fun

and then he started talking about retro stuff

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kevtriss and the FPGA developemental scene is literally the most interesting thing all of giantbomb has discussed in awhile.

And I am completely serious about this.

Antiwhippy

Also weird custom hardware development is always a fun subject. I'm not really familiar with FPGA in a gaming context but it also has interesting uses in the audiophile scene.

guess I can stick to my current listening habits then

Uh sure?

I don't really care that much about what you like.

Oakinn

I like when Peter is on because he seems to fit in so easily with them. Like another Danny. The GT convo they had was really good. I wish they would bring him in for other "big" games and get his opinion. The retro stuff I don't understand a word of, but Jeff seems to enjoy it so it's fine

Antiwhippy

For me it's also the fact that the bombcast and the beastcast don't actually really go into really in-depth conversation nowadays, so it's always fun to hear them go deep into a culture they're passionate in.

Antiwhippy

Hmm, that's fair probably. I can't actually remember the last time Peter was on, but it was less about the FPGAs and more around the scene that fascinated me.

Especially when they're talking about Kevtris. Spent quite some time afterwards just reading up on the dude. Seems like one hell of a guy.

Yeah, hearing Jeff get really excited about things happening in the retro scene is always good for a listen. Really enjoyed the conversation this week.

For me it's also the fact that the bombcast and the beastcast don't actually really go into really in-depth conversation nowadays, so it's always fun to hear them go deep into a culture they're passionate in.
It’s why I have always enjoyed the Bombcast. Love hearing their takes on what they played or go indepth about certain subjects which is also what the aftershow is for the most part.

It provides a great contrast to the Beastcast which is mostly off topic/jokes stuff. Love both.

It's why I have always enjoyed the Bombcast. Love hearing their takes on what they played or go indepth about certain subjects which is also what the aftershow is for the most part.

It provides a great contrast to the Beastcast which is mostly off topic/jokes stuff. Love both.

but he just said that the Bombcast doesn't do that

imBask

Banned
i'm super ok with people liking the retro chip talk

but 15 min in I skipped 10 min and they were still going on about the chip, it's too much. And the next skip was straight into Wardor so that didn't help at all

Antiwhippy

He just meant that they don't usually go as indepth as they did in the last episode. Even when they don't it is still more indepth than the Beastcast is what I'm saying.

Eh depends really episode to episode. I find it kind of true for the news section though.

It's actually kind of weird to me how the beastcast does news nowadays. They seem to bring things up only to show that most of the crew don't really care about it at all in a weirdly dismissive way? Like the star control and e-sports news last week. I couldn't tell if it was a bit that they were doing.

Jintor

I cannot believe this Beastcast. Not even ten minutes in and I am slack jawed

Also it occurred to me that the host is not actually a member of giant bomb llc

I just wish there were more people putting their wizardry to work on stuff nobody gives a shit about, because preserving shit like Pippin is important too

Ashby

I own a PVM, and have my SNES 1-Chip and coregrafx hooked up to it rgb. Jeff and Peter Brown discussions are extremely my shit.

I cannot believe this Beastcast. Not even ten minutes in and I am slack jawed

Also it occurred to me that the host is not actually a member of giant bomb llc
Uh excuse you, have you not seen the giant bomb duder segments of the past couple e3 night streams?

Phatmac

It was just so surprising to hear all of the east crew shit on the game when they all loved it in 2014. I'm glad another game will make it.

Mr. Sam

Also to consider: 2017 is a much stronger gaming year than 2014 was. Shadow of Mordor didn't deserve to win even in 2014, but the strength of the competition in 2017 - in both quality and quantity - is insane comparatively.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I bought the Steamlink Bundle and refunded the Anime game bundled with it. So I bought a Steam link for 10€. I'm not 100% sure what the Steam link does and I don't really need it if does what I think it does. I don't.....know why I did that.
I don't know why I did that. I probably should move out of this dorm and into an apartment with more than one room so I get to use this thing.

Observer is on sale this week. Has anyone played it? Thoughts? Similar to soma?

I only managed about 90 minutes before stopping. I found a lot of it to be very annoying to play. It has a great look but didn't seem particularly scary and the writing and voice work was all pretty bad. SOMA is still the best written horror game out there by a mile, so it's a high bar in my opinion.

Antiwhippy

I bought the Steamlink Bundle and refunded the Anime game bundled with it. So I bought a Steam link for 10€. I'm not 100% sure what the Steam link does and I don't really need it if does what I think it does. I don't.....know why I did that.
I don't know why I did that. I probably should move out of this dorm and into an apartment with more than one room so I get to use this thing.

It's just a way to stream from your PC to your tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom