• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went wild on the Street Passes, by Sunday morning I was at over 500 passes and had all panels completed and the started Find Mii 2, which I didn't know even existed. The 10 person limit thing sucks but there was plenty of time to kill while waiting for panels or demos.

Had a great time at the GB panel, I was supposed to have the last question at the Q&A but knew it wasn't good enough to go out on so I let someone else go, haha. Kitty O'Sheas meetup afterward was really fun too afterward even though it ran short due to the panel going late and having to change locations due to the original bar being at capacity. Good talk with Jeff, he was very honest and open about the merger, and I'm always down for some deep Skylanders discussions.

Mahonay

Banned
Just getting back into the swing of things after getting back from PAX East.

JESUS FUCK. I can confirm the absolute shit show that Rock Band Night was. I say that in the best way possible. In Brad's defense, he was insanely hammered during that performance. That song had even been performed already but at that point I don't think he was with us anymore.

RIP Brad Shoemaker.

In other Giant Bomb PAX East shenanigans;
At the Giant Bomb meet up at JJ Foley's thanks to Patrick Klepek and friends there was a jukebox trolling. They played the Star Wars cantina song and I'm pretty sure it was on repeat. Now keep in mind this is a fairly towny bar that had patrons there that night. They had no idea what the fuck was going on. Some lady figured out it was us (surprise, it was the nerds). We proceeded to dance in a circle like complete jackasses as it played until the bar owners made an emergency song switch to Bon Jovi. Tears rolling down my face from laughter.

Also the fuck Boston? Your bars closing at 2 is bullshit.

I guess Drew crunched before vacation to get this up. Well done to him!

Also, that Twit thing sounds awful. I look at Twit for one show (iPad today, as it is good content that is not really available elsewhere). Leo seems like a decent guy from my small experience from viewing that- pity he might have jumped the gun on though.

I never did look at Game On much though - overly produced video is not my kind thing. However, it is sad to hear something got cut because of what seems like a nonsense complaint.

I wonder would GB play Cards Against Humanity live now that they are under CBSi, as one complaint to higher ups might screw them?

JimmyBoy

So much street passing, so little time. The panel was hilarious just like last year and luckily the Questions from the audience didn't totally suck!

Unfortunately, Alex needs to learn how to gell better with the rest of the group and stop laughing incredibly loudly into the microphone.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I find that's just ryan trying to be more hosty than usual. Which is fine because he has to host for like a hundred more people.

gunstarhero

Jesus Christ, Alex is obnoxious

alexeyeballin.gif

Patryn

I find that's just ryan trying to be more hosty than usual. Which is fine because he has to host for like a hundred more people.

Try 800. That's the room capacity, I believe.

This panel seems really awkward and full of forced jokes, even more so than in previous years. =/

I know it's the cliche and stupid thing to say, but I feel like the panels are one of those things that you have to have been there for. There's a lot to say about the atmosphere of seeing it live.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
This panel seems really awkward and full of forced jokes, even more so than in previous years. =/

Probably because they don't prepare anything.

It's kind of a waste of everyone's time if they don't even have the decency to prepare something before hand. May as well just not even do the panel.

Red UFO

I guess the awkward, forced jokes come from the fact that they basically wanna make a podcast infront of people, but you have to acknowledge the audience since it IS a panel after all, leading to bad jokes.

I am articulating myself poorly.

Zonar

I went wild on the Street Passes, by Sunday morning I was at over 500 passes and had all panels completed and the started Find Mii 2, which I didn't know even existed. The 10 person limit thing sucks but there was plenty of time to kill while waiting for panels or demos.

Had a great time at the GB panel, I was supposed to have the last question at the Q&A but knew it wasn't good enough to go out on so I let someone else go, haha. Kitty O'Sheas meetup afterward was really fun too afterward even though it ran short due to the panel going late and having to change locations due to the original bar being at capacity. Good talk with Jeff, he was very honest and open about the merger, and I'm always down for some deep Skylanders discussions.
Hi buddy! I was the guy you let have the last question! (the black guy with the spiderman shirt and black coat). I love gaffers!
:D

Yeah, after having gone to the Prime panel last year I definitely think it is a situation where you "have to be there". It really doesn't translate to video all that well.

chiablo

Could this possibly be the first panel that doesn't have horrible sound problems?

And Ska needs to stay dead... Just let it rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom