• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread 2: A thread on a popular internet message board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

Comrade Drew delivers!

That was extremely cool; I didn't think I'd sit through the whole thing, but I was fascinated the entire time.

People are people but they also have to keep in mind that Drew was being guided through areas prepped for visitors.

I know they are aware of that but it's easy to forget that fact when you see nothing but happy proud people.

def sim

This alone is worth my subscription money. Surprisingly profound stuff from a video game site; I hope they keep up with the content.

People are people but they also have to keep in mind that Drew was being guided through areas prepped for visitors.

They stressed this many times, and all you need to do is go on a site like the Boston Big Picture to find images of NK that don't paint such a pretty picture. I think most people realise that NK isn't actually all like that.

Cartman86

Banned
North Korea isn't really communist are they? Some people argue that Soviet Russia wasn't even the kind of communism Marx wrote about, but NK is even farther from that. Cult of personality, dead leaders, extreme isolationist philosophy. Didn't the country officially distance itself from communism recently?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
my favorite picture from North Korea

8T60x.jpg

Kazzy

Brad seems like he was itching to talk about some shady shit!

I love all the conspiracy theories, and the propaganda village near the border sounds magical.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, had just bought a subscription a few days ago. Happy i did, and i missed most of the beginning of it!

ArjanN

They stressed this many times, and all you need to do is go on a site like the Boston Big Picture to find images of NK that don't paint such a pretty picture. I think most people realise that NK isn't actually all like that.

I thought I was somewhat odd that Drew didn't think there was anything sinister, when pretty much everything they showed was sinister and creepy as hell.

Even their fake propaganda town looks like shit to me, and the rest of the country is 10 times worse.

Mahonay

Banned
Turn this potato into a mushroom.

Amazing piece of content. Really well done for something so different from what they normally put together. I was only able to catch parts of it. I look forward to the archive.

Megasoum

Banned
I managed to win a PS3 Walking Dead code from Vinny's QR Code last night... That whole code hunting game all night was super fun lol.

LCfiner

I just finished watching the Drew Korean visit chat. That was a nice piece of content. nice pictures and the conversation was interesting, given the highly guided nature of the tour. plus, bonus traffic cop ladies.

good stuff, giant bomb.

Brad really impressed me with the quality of the questions he was asking Drew. I know Patrick likes to ascribe the label of "journalist" to himself but I think if any of them could hack it as a real world journalist covering political and social issues it would be Brad.

sixghost

Brad really impressed me with the quality of the questions he was asking Drew. I know Patrick likes to ascribe the label of "journalist" to himself but I think if any of them could hack it as a real world journalist covering political and social issues it would be Brad.

Whenever Brad is on the Tested podcast, I'm always impressed with how knowledgeable he is about most of the non-tech things they discuss.

This video might be the best thing GB has ever produced, totally unexpected.

Odrion

Banned
Whenever Brad is on the Tested podcast, I'm always impressed with how knowledgeable he is about most of the non-tech things they discuss.

This video might be the best thing GB has ever produced, totally unexpected.
Yeah, and you can tell Brad gets really excited to talk about the stuff he knows that isn't vidya related.

And he's usually the one who goes "well did you hear about?" when they start talking about off topic stuff.

Loxley

That was a great segment. Props to Drew for being very civil about the whole experience, I think it would have been pretty easy for him to be like "Yeah, North Korea is a fucked up place you guys. Look at how weird this shit is." Brad was asking some great questions, and I do have to say I was enjoying Vinny's zingers every now and then, "Did they put on a musical?"

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Vinny was pretty great.

And Drew didn't get to check out the "Massive Gymnastics/Massive Show" like the guys from Vice did. That still bewilders me, to see 100,000+ people putting on a massive show for a couple hundred people.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I almost feel like Drew went too far in trying to appear unbiased, and went the other way. And laying flowers at the monument to the Kim's is just gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom