• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb Thread #4: A thread of perceived slights

Status
Not open for further replies.
ibdL8XVWGihBhV.gif

As a homegrown Filipino I'd like to personally apologize for our culture's bouncy erect penises.

I switched it off as soon as I saw him.

We had Lang last week, Drake this week, I expect Muir will be back next week.

At least Lang was there to play and talk about some of the old projects he worked on for the most part. That is more interesting than anything involving Drake or Muir (To me).

I wish the roster would expand, I don't mind seeing devs on but it is the same guys all the time.

At least Lang was there to play and talk about some of the old projects he worked on for the most part. That is more interesting than anything involving Drake or Muir (To me).

I wish the roster would expand, I don't mind seeing devs on but it is the same guys all the time.

They could do a John Drake career retrospective.

I want to know the real story behind Rock Band Country Track Pack Volume 1 and Rock Band Unplugged for psp and if he ever talked to Usher.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Dave Lang Retrospective was the best TNT in forever. I don't mind having the dudes friends around when something like that is the result of it.

ultron87

Ryan looks like he wants to murder everyone while watching Monaco. I assume this is just his "spectating" face since I've seen it screen capped before. Or he's actually just consumed with rage.

To be honest Drunk Patrick saved this TNT with his order of the shock game and so with that another notch is added to Patrick's "growing the beard" saga

The best part was how much Jeff feared and hated the shock thing.

Given that the shock is apparently really fucked up plus his prior experience, I honestly don't blame him lol

Xater

This TNT was garbage except for when they used that dumb electric shock game. Monaco is just impossible to follow this way.

DaBuddaDa

I was over those dumb shock games after I tried it at Spencer's Gifts in the mall literally over a decade ago when I was a dumb teenager *puts on too cool for you sunglasses*

I feel like I'm the only person that actually enjoyed them playing Monaco? And I haven't even played it. The first five minutes were frustrating since it was just a dumb scramble with pretty much no one trying to play properly at all but as soon as Patrick started understanding things and ordering them around I had a great time watching. Mix that in with the inevitable mayhem and it was quite amusing. Made me really want to get the game, but I'm waiting on XBLA.

I'm fairly neutral on John Drake as he doesn't bother me when he's around but I don't think he entertains as well for an audience as some of the other guests. It doesn't seem he really digs into any topics in particular and instead almost all conversations are just them picking on one another or other friends in game development and that's more amusing to them than it is to us. But I still don't mind if he's around.

Don't understand the Brad Muir negativity on this page, though. He's definitely my favorite of their regulars. He has a good sense of humor and is so damned happy at all times that it's infectious.

I do like the direction of bringing in people to talk about their past games and such. Those have been some of my favorite videos in past months. Learning all that stuff about Brutal Legend by the team, Brad Muir's work on Alter Echo, and Dave Lang just recently were super interesting. Dave Lang was sort of similar to my feelings as John Drake being in videos until this last one with all of his talk on game development.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i got fooled with a shock pen in middle school. As far as im concerned, its something i dont need to experience again.

FStop7

Banned
Did any 'friends of the site' work on those? No? Then they're nothing.

Meanwhile, please support the John Drake Flight Tracker Kickstarter.

Lombax

Banned
2461739-langnatism.gif

I rather enjoyed the lang zone last week, and Muir is a good guest as well so long as they are not gushing over a double fine project.

Chuck

Still without luck
I like Brad Muir, Lang and Drake sometimes. The issue I have with it is often Jeff will try to counter the argument of GB being 'too close' to developers with "we're trying to get interesting stories and insight from these developers that you're not going to find anywhere else."

The problem is it's the same 3 developers.

I like Brad Muir, Lang and Drake sometimes. The issue I have with it is often Jeff will try to counter the argument of GB being 'too close' to developers with "we're trying to get interesting stories and insight from these developers that you're not going to find anywhere else."

It might just be due to where they are located. There might not be a bunch of devs around, I feel like they do a good job at bringing people together at GDC and E3 though

LegoArmo

It was one of my favourite TNTs ever, maybe because I hadn't slept in 2 days, but I laughed a lot, and Monaco looks awesome. I loved Patrick taking control.

This comment from the Fortune Street TNT back in Dec 2011 makes me sad.
4 hours of TNT, 4+ of Random PC, new Endurance run... You guys are really cranking out the great content lately, and I can't stop watching!

Zaph

I think Jeff's well aware of their small staple of go-to devs. He mentioned a while back on tumblr that the recent Lang TNT was basically a 'recruitment' video for other devs so they can show it around and say "hey, this is a show format we'd like to do with you, interested?".

A lot of people underestimate just how difficult it is getting current industry devs to talk casually in an environment like Giant Bomb. Publishers don't like it, PR thinks it's a potential nightmare and studios themselves often have policies against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom