• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
So to use PSVR you need to connect an HDMI from your TV to your breakout box and another one from the breakout box to your PS4. You then need to connect the headset cables to the breakout box (including a USB cable). The breakout box itself has a power brick to power it. As it looks right now, that means for convenience sake, you would need to use your breakout box even if you're not using the PSVR. If its not a hassle, you can unplug the HDMI cables every time you're not using PSVR and simply connect your PS4 to your TV, but doing that every time would probably not be worth to. Long story short, I would not be surprised if the first real revision of PS4 has the breakout box built into PS4. You would then only need one HDMI cable and there would be no power brick. The only cables needed would be the PSVR headset cable and the USB cable.

This is more or less, the setup needed (whoever made this forgot about the HDMI cable that goes from the breakout box to the TV):

qiKDYG5.jpg

lil playstation 4 is so cute!

Tubobutts

Is there a more heartbreaking feeling than hearing Brad saying "Last email is from..." and then it's not your name?
There was a bombcast where Brad read like three emails from people with the same first name as me (and one who also had the same last initial and was from the same city) and none were me.

yami4ct

Yeah, but this is actual processing hardware. It's like a fucking 32X!

The breakout box is crazy.

If what is being said about it is true, it means very little for devs. From what we've heard, the breakout box is just processing motion tracking data and passing it to the console. It obviously has a performance effect as Devs don't have to worry about dedicating already clogged processor space to that function, but not it's not crazy in the same way the 32x was.

Jothel

I'll get whichever bundled they have with the ps4.

Already anticipating a aud$1000 hit in October.
That'd be a pretty good price for the bundle considering the relative value of Aussie bucks

Hell yea day one. I wanna experience VR without upgrading my PC again and paying out my ass. PSVR will suffice.

Yeah - I'm definitely gonna get it, just its a bit rich for my blood day one

LiK

That'd be a pretty good price for the bundle considering the relative value of Aussie bucks

Yeah - I'm definitely gonna get it, just its a bit rich for my blood day one

Plenty of time to save up! Oct can't come soon enough. :D

I don't like clusterfuck podcasts. Should I skip this weeks?

Nah, this was great. They only have two guests on and Mark and John always fit in like a glove.

Man, video games used to be bad

but it's okay, they're good now

Nah they're still pretty terrible. Sometimes they're okay.

So to use PSVR you need to connect an HDMI from your TV to your breakout box and another one from the breakout box to your PS4. You then need to connect the headset cables to the breakout box (including a USB cable). The breakout box itself has a power brick to power it. As it looks right now, that means for convenience sake, you would need to use your breakout box even if you're not using the PSVR. If its not a hassle, you can unplug the HDMI cables every time you're not using PSVR and simply connect your PS4 to your TV, but doing that every time would probably not be worth to. Long story short, I would not be surprised if the first real revision of PS4 has the breakout box built into PS4. You would then only need one HDMI cable and there would be no power brick. The only cables needed would be the PSVR headset cable and the USB cable.

This is more or less, the setup needed (whoever made this forgot about the HDMI cable that goes from the breakout box to the TV):

qiKDYG5.jpg

What.

That looks too complicated.

Nonexistant
Pre-order canceled.

yami4ct

I'm waiting for some actual games to show up that look interesting for more than 15 minutes. So far, 100 foot robot golf, Job Simulator, the weird Until Dawn rollercoaster and that Getaway Shooter thing aren't coming close to justify $450+ for me. Summer Lesson is the only thing that looks legitimately unique to VR, but again not enough to justify the price for me.

If the games come and with a price drop, maybe. I still expect it'll be at least 2 years before I pick up any VR headset if I do at all.

Also, this year is likely to have the launch of a new Nintendo handheld and that's the hardware I'm dumb enough to be an early adopter for, so I have to limit my unwise purchases.

Joeku

Considering they hit Sony 06 they have to hit Konami 2010 at some point, right?

Good lord, I just want to rewatch that conference. It's hilarious as shit.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
All of the library talk confuses me, I was under the impression that VR would be like, most useful as a simple patch into existent first person games. For some reason I thought it would be easy as plugging it in and playing Team Fortress

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Considering they hit Sony 06 they have to hit Konami 2010 at some point, right?

Good lord, I just want to rewatch that conference. It's hilarious as shit.

The memes around one million troops and stuff are great, but my favorite is that poor poor man who had to introduce that Gradius game or whatever and you could see him trying to appeal to like, old-school SHMUP fans before he was forced to play a trailer that was nothing but an anime OP featuring busty young magical girls

UncleGrumpskin

Neo Member
All of the library talk confuses me, I was under the impression that VR would be like, most useful as a simple patch into existent first person games. For some reason I thought it would be easy as plugging it in and playing Team Fortress

Most FPS games are way too fast paced, and most people who use them in VR get sick within seconds. A Valve employee actually mentioned that Half Life 3 won't be VR for that very reason.

yami4ct

Most FPS games are way too fast paced, and most people who use them in VR get sick within seconds. A Valve employee actually mentioned that Half Life 3 won't be VR for that very reason.

Yep. Most traditional games people would think would work in VR are actually kind of awful. Pretty much the only direct translations right now are slower paced first person games and cockpit style games. It's part of what makes VR so exciting and interesting, but also hard to think about by the same token. There's a whole new set of rules that need to be made and devs haven't really even figured out like a tenth of what those rules are.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The memes around one million troops and stuff are great, but my favorite is that poor poor man who had to introduce that Gradius game or whatever and you could see him trying to appeal to like, old-school SHMUP fans before he was forced to play a trailer that was nothing but an anime OP featuring busty young magical girls

Haha that part is so great

Here's this really charismatic guy. Hey what he's trying to sell must be pretty exciting!

Reveals some parodius bullshit.

Lost my shit.

But he's saying that people who are anti Trump are pro sonic slash art.

So does that mean that if Navarro isn't pro Trump with that tweet, he's pro sonic slash art?

What? No. He's saying 'I asked Trump Supporters what would happen if Trump wouldn't win' and it's mockingly saying 'Sonic erotica would happen'. It's not being in support or against trump. It's mocking trump supporters for being delusional about what will happen if Trump loses(if you read what some of the signs actually said) while simultaneously mocking sonic art for being ridiculous.

Alex isn't being pro anything, he's just make a joke using two ridiculous things(trump supporters delusion and sonic erotica).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
every time i see pokken, it just looks so much better.

which is weird because i had zero hype for sfv and mkx but for some reason i see pokken and i'm like
2818043-2817995-mot9n6f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom