• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XX | Donut Create Push

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

It's either that or Monster Hunter. Pick your poison!

God I wish the GB crew was more into MH.

Whenever there's a new MH or Dark Souls game, the 8-4 podcast is hard as hell to listen to for weeks because they basically just talk about them for huge portions of the show. I get why people like those games but holy shit they're so damn boring to hear about.

Whenever there's a new MH or Dark Souls game, the 8-4 podcast is hard as hell to listen to for weeks because they basically just talk about them for huge portions of the show. I get why people like those games but holy shit they're so damn boring to hear about.

It's irritating to listen to even if you're into what they're talking about too. MH is a fun game but it's not fun to hear people go on hours about.

I wonder if we'll get an Oculus Rift live stream at launch.

Generally I wonder what their VR coverage will be like - Quick Looks of each game? A VR Roundup? A weekly feature?

Will they even be able to cover it properly with video?

Hoping for full screen video with green screen in the corner, I don't know if they have that set up on the new floor yet though.

repeater

I wonder if we'll get an Oculus Rift live stream at launch.

Generally I wonder what their VR coverage will be like - Quick Looks of each game? A VR Roundup? A weekly feature?
I imagine most of it will be covered in Blight Club.

hamchan said:
If only Jason didn't have this baby thing, he could play more Mon Hun.
Look, I don't wanna start a thing, but I've gotta say I find that way of talking offensive as fuck. "This baby thing" has a proper name, you know?

It's called "Street Fighter V"

I thought having a baby would cut down on my gaming time, then Stardew Valley came out. Babies can raise themselves once they hit 5 months right?

He mentioned it in that video and I think it was like right around PAX or something so that probably threw any chances of that happening out the window.

Fucking PAX... Always ruining everything.

hamchan

I imagine most of it will be covered in Blight Club.

Look, I don't wanna start a thing, but I've gotta say I find that way of talking offensive as fuck. "This baby thing" has a proper name, you know?

It's called "Street Fighter V"

Don't forget his second child too.

Dan Ryckert

Lol wow at that Gran Turismo part of the Game Tapes E3 video. From the endless video with no commentary to the hindsight fact that GT5 didn't come out until 2010.

Vinny needs to do another Subnautica video. That game has fuckin gone places since that early Unfinished.

That has been sitting on my wishlist for a long time because it sounds like a perfect game for me (SCUBA is one of my favorite hobbies), but I'm always scared away by the Early Access status. Have updates been good and consistent from this dev? I figure 12 bucks is a pretty good price to slip in at.

That has been sitting on my wishlist for a long time because it sounds like a perfect game for me (SCUBA is one of my favorite hobbies), but I'm always scared away by the Early Access status. Have updates been good and consistent from this dev? I figure 12 bucks is a pretty good price to slip in at.

I'm an ocean nerd but my laptop could never run the game so I don't actually own it, every time a thread pops up on GAF about it it looks even cooler though. People are speaking very positively about the developer's support of the game in this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197498. I could see GBeast having a fun time with it.

daydream

Banned
shame you can barely hear the music in the deadbolt ql

also, always turn off the lights when you can. alex wasn't doing that and it was fucking him up in the smoke signals level

Meneses

Got caught in a "watch / listen to giantbomb highlights on youtube" loop for hours last night.

It really made me miss Vinny being with the rest of the West coast guys.

Lol wow at that Gran Turismo part of the Game Tapes E3 video. From the endless video with no commentary to the hindsight fact that GT5 didn't come out until 2010.

also, it was all for GTHD, a free thing they gave away that was worth like 5 minutes of your time at most. It wasn't even a full game or a prologue, it was a 20 minute presentation of what was essentially something slightly better than a tech demo.

Xater

also, it was all for GTHD, a free thing they gave away that was worth like 5 minutes of your time at most. It wasn't even a full game or a prologue, it was a 20 minute presentation of what was essentially something slightly better than a tech demo.

Can you even call it a tech demo? Wasn't it just the GT4 engine running in HD?

Meneses

Not feeling Deadbolt, but I absolutely loved Risk of Rain so I might give it a shot sometime.

Speaking of which, wasn't Risk of Rain coming out on consoles?

shame you can barely hear the music in the deadbolt ql

also, always turn off the lights when you can. alex wasn't doing that and it was fucking him up in the smoke signals level

yeah limiting enemy visibility is vital. Alex was definitely overestimating how far enemies can see in the dark.

Also I'm fine with not being able to throw my gun. That move fits in something like SUPERHOT but I like the emphasis it places here on conserving ammo/focusing on headshots.

Can you even call it a tech demo? Wasn't it just the GT4 engine running in HD?

IIRC it's like GT4 on steroids with extra details and more camera options and such. It wasn't bad for a free thing but it sure as hell didn't merit that long ass presentation.

Today, that thing would just drop during e3 and it would get like a one sentence mention during a presentation, like PT did a few years back for example

hamchan

I fear New Dan is on a dangerous path of being peer pressured by high income earner wrestlers in the Nicky Clan to spend $1000 on Clash of Clans.

I don't think I'm playing Stardew Valley correctly:

qpCA4ad.png

When do I pick which girl I wanna smush

Got caught in a "watch / listen to giantbomb highlights on youtube" loop for hours last night.

It really made me miss Vinny being with the rest of the West coast guys.

Same. When Vinny left for NY he basically left GB for me. I don't care for Alex or Austin so I avoid probably 98% of whatever Beast puts out. I'm stuck watching Vinny QL's from the past if I want any Vinny at all.

Xater

IIRC it's like GT4 on steroids with extra details and more camera options and such. It wasn't bad for a free thing but it sure as hell didn't merit that long ass presentation.

Today, that thing would just drop during e3 and it would get like a one sentence mention during a presentation, like PT did a few years back for example

Exactly. The fanfare that got is ridiculous.

KingKong

ok the Deadbolt quick look is definitely a rough time

I wish Austin would stop commenting on everything people do, don't need to hear 'nice' and 'great job' after every kill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom