• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 09/06/16 - Episode 446

Renpatsu

Episode 446: Ranking of Zeldas - Date: 09/07/2016 - Duration:
2:36:03
- Download - Live Video Archive

Dan's back from New York and we're all back from PAX, so let us commence discussion about highlights from the show, mobile Lumines, the 3DS Direct, the end (?) of Firefall, early-access DLC, the Bay Area wasteland, and... more about Adam Jensen's metal behind.

Filed Under: Adam Jensen, The Legend of Zelda, Duke Nukem 3D, Shenmue, EVE Online, Persona 5, Firefall, Heavy Metal Machines, God Eater 2: Rage Burst, ARK: Survival Evolved, Mother Russia Bleeds, Picross 3D: Round 2, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, NeuroVoider, Lumines: Puzzle & Music, The Fall Part 2: Unbound, Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS, San Francisco, Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita
9GlGQky.png

KG5V5QF.png
6ktYzWp.png
QbchpoC.png
IR7Dh6q.png
ukKLl2Z.png

OP Notes:
I wasn't aware that I was the one posting the thread this week. My bad.
This week's thread courtesy of Piston Hyundai

justjim89

This is a great OT. Thank you, good sir. Although personally, I could see Drew as Dennis. Comparing Brad to Dennis seems like you're just duddsin' for a ruddsin'.

Zero315

Banned
Since Dan dismissed the CD-I games and Triforce Heroes for not being made by Nintendo shouldn't he have also dismissed Minish Cap since it was made by Capcom?

Jeff and Brad are right, Majora's Mask is a bad game that's basically a rom hack.

Zekes!

Phantom Hourglass definitely doesn't belong in a top 10 Zelda discussion

I need to watch Vinny play some Shenmue to cleanse this from my mind

daydream

Banned
thanks to my buddy piston for helping out this week

now people can finally stop asking about an always sunny theme, thank christ

justjim89

Jeff: The whole purpose of starting a video game website is to get early review copies of games. Get video game developers all friendly and chummy with us, then they send us early review copies of games because, you know, the implication.

Dan: Okay, you had me with the first part, but you kinda lost me with the second.

Jeff: Dude, dude, think about it. They've got a brand new video game coming out and they want people to be excited for it. We make friends with them and they look at us, and think "They really want review copies of our game! What are we gonna do, say no?"

Dan: That seems really dark.

Jeff: No, no, you're misunderstanding me, dude. If the developer says no, the answer is obviously no. But they're not gonna say no. Because of the implication.

tumblr_ntrlfmVkvN1u5eu8ao1_400.gif

Zekes!

As someone whose only exposure to Zelda was fucking Hyrule Warriors, could you guys explain to me what was terrible about their Zelda rankings? Genuinely curious

It's mostly their attitude towards classic entries in the series (Link's Awakening), and complete dismissal of 3D Zelda's after OoT (except WW). I'm not the biggest Majora's Mask fan, but it deserves to be in the top 10, and their contradictory love of Zelda games that do different things and hate for that game is bizarre. Phantom Hourglass is a bottom tier Zelda game (even if I liked it) and does not ever deserve to be in a discussion of the top 10 games in the franchise.

Their top 3 is probably perfect, but it's hard to fuck that up. Dan seemingly has the most sane opinions on Zelda games, minus his thoughts on Link's Awakening, and I won't hold his dislike of Skyward Sword against him.

I already accepted that they have bad opinions on the Zelda franchise ages ago, so it's always painful to hear them talk about it. It's why I'm glad they didn't talk about Breath of the Wild more than they did.

I know, opinions and all that, and I certainly don't usually get bothered by this sort of thing, but whenever they talk about Zelda it's always so...dismissive?

Aselith

It's mostly their attitude towards classic entries in the series (Link's Awakening), and complete dismissal of 3D Zelda's after OoT (except WW). I'm not the biggest Majora's Mask fan, but it deserves to be in the top 10, and their contradictory love of Zelda games that do different things and hate for that game is bizarre. Phantom Hourglass is a bottom tier Zelda game (even if I liked it) and does not ever deserve to be in a discussion of the top 10 games in the franchise.

Their top 3 is probably perfect, but it's hard to fuck that up. Dan seemingly has the most sane opinions on Zelda games, minus his thoughts on Link's Awakening, and I won't hold his dislike of Skyward Sword against him.

I already accepted that they have bad opinions on the Zelda franchise ages ago, so it's always painful to hear them talk about it. It's why I'm glad they didn't talk about Breath of the Wild more than they did.

You can like games that do something different and not like the thing that a particular game is doing to be different. It's not contradictory.

Fireblend

Banned
That Zelda ranking, god. I'm so sorry Dan had to be part of that conversation, that was painful.

My top 5 are all on portable consoles btw.

Zekes!

You can like games that do something different and not like the thing that a particular game is doing to be different. It's not contradictory.

Yeah, totally, which is why I'm not a huge MM fan. It's more their aggressive dislike and dismissal of the game. Especially when they want to include Phantom Hourglass.

Again, opinions and all of that, but yikes

Listening to Jeff and Brad talk about Majora makes me want to fucking die

edit: this entire zelda list makes me want to die. Link's Awakening fucking owns.

Chuck

Still without luck
This Zelda ranking is painful. Mostly for the fact that Brad just accepts other's opinions as his own instead of actually playing the games.

Top Bottom