• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bombcast - 09/06/16 - Episode 446

FStop7

Banned
Just keep in mind you're dealing with someone who thinks the Syndicate reboot is some kind of under appreciated gem and hates Red Dead Redemption.

Just keep in mind you're dealing with someone who thinks the Syndicate reboot is some kind of under appreciated gem and hates Red Dead Redemption.

Yeah, I don't mind Jeff's opinion about the game. He has weird taste in games in general and at least he's finished it so he's entitled to his opinion. It's Brad's proudly ignorant hate towards it that gets me every time. Give the damn thing a chance, there's a reason many people consider it one of the greatest games ever made.

Also, Doom 2 is a rom hack of Doom. So, that's not a valid argument coming from these guys. Majora's Mask took everything established in an absolute classic and perverted it in a truly brilliant way. It's in my top 3 Zelda games for sure.

Curufinwe

Jeff's love for the painfully mediocre Syndicate reboot never stops being funny. It's like hearing someone rave about how good Killzone Shadow Fall is.

LiK

man, hearing Dan mention he might give Yakuza another chance fills me with joy. He would love the series. So many cool guy moments and wrestling moves. Also, Dan likes Japan.

hamchan

Shenmue endurance run should just spread over to Shenmue 2 then Yakuza 1-6. There's your half a decade worth of Giant Bomb content right there.

LiK

Shenmue endurance run should just spread over to Shenmue 2 then Yakuza 1-6. There's your half a decade worth of Giant Bomb content right there.

i would fucking legit love the reactions to Yakuza's sidequests. Most of them are wacky as hell and super silly. Austin showed some of it in Y5 QL.

The thing about their Zelda discussion is that they love Zelda II for being this weird departure to a "formula" when its the second game in the series and there was no formula, but Majora's Mask is somehow some shit game because its a departure from Ocarina

I like Zelda II but wtf

Jakoo

Since Dan dismissed the CD-I games and Triforce Heroes for not being made by Nintendo shouldn't he have also dismissed Minish Cap since it was made by Capcom?

Jeff and Brad are right, Majora's Mask is a bad game that's basically a rom hack.

Meanwhile, there GOTY last year was basically a Nintendo-made game that allows you to build your own rom hacks.

I understand people not loving Majora, but to call it a CD-I level trash tier game is absolute nonsense.

Hogger

How much are these guys making that Dan can move to Manhattan and buy a house in Jersey? No offense to Dan but I didn't expect him to be in such a good financial situation.Is this just him saying what comes to mind or what?

sikkinixx

How much are these guys making that Dan can move to Manhattan and buy a house in Jersey? No offense to Dan but I didn't expect him to be in such a good financial situation.Is this just him saying what comes to mind or what?

Dan also sells books, shirts etc that I'm sure he does okay on.

He's renting in manhatten for a year(For the "Experience"?), and then looking to buy in New Jersey. Both of which are probably cheaper than living in San Francisco.

RPGam3r

I played MM, I thought it was ok, listening to them pit it down is no different than when I read GAF takes shits on Bethesda, Dark Souls 2, Dragon Age 2/Inquisition, Mass Effect 3 etc.

Joeku

Finally got around to this. That Zelda discussion is killing my brain.

Majora's Mask is a top three game of all time, alongside Red Dead Redemption and Donkey Kong Country 2.

I don't think Jeff would like me.

chrixter

As if Dan and the rest of us needed validation from Jeff and Brad. Majora's Mask already won GameFAQs' Game of the Decade (2000-2009) tournament. Doesn't get much more prestigious than that. We're talking about GameFAQs here.

Poyunch

I can't handle Jeff and Brad putting Phantom Hourglass above Majora's Mask. Even I feel PH gets more hate than it should but it's nowhere near the top 5 and nowhere near the quality of MM.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
starting to think Giant Bomb East is where they exile you to when you have good taste in video games

Sabas

Banned
Was weird for Brad to jump from Picross 3D 2 having amiibo support to assuming most of the game was gated off because of it. I don't think that's ever been the case for most games that support Amiibo.

Nerokis

This was a weird podcast. A great act one, a slow act two, and a tense act three. People are hating on Brad for putting down MM, but this is just him getting revenge on Dan for assassinating Ori and the Blind Forest during the GOTY discussions. He wasn't going to miss this opportunity.

.JayZii

Banned
starting to think Giant Bomb East is where they exile you to when you have good taste in video games
This may, in fact, be true.

This was a weird podcast. A great act one, a slow act two, and a tense act three. People are hating on Brad for putting down MM, but this is just him getting revenge on Dan for assassinating Ori and the Blind Forest during the GOTY discussions. He wasn't going to miss this opportunity.
He is that petty.

Thank god Brad and Jeff exist to makes sure an awful Zelda game didn't make the top 9 best Zelda games of all time.

That said I love Dan and most of what he loves (minus wrestling).

This Zelda stuff is exactly why I'm glad Dan is going to NY. Then maybe he'll actually get to talk about games like Majora's Mask or Yoshi's Island once or twice without being on the defensive from people taking savage shits all over them.

Anyone claiming that Zelda II is a good game needs to stream themselves playing it to completion, because I'm not buying it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Majora's Mask lovers are the kids that sat up front in class and needed their crusts cut off their sandwiches. losers all around.

.JayZii

Banned
Majora's Mask lovers are the kids that sat up front in class and needed their crusts cut off their sandwiches. losers all around.
People who shit on Majora's Mask are the kids who sit in the back of class and talk shit about people playing video games, while secretly playing them at home, in a desperate attempt to be edgy or cool.

Or in Brad's case, talk shit about anime while clearly being a super weeb behind closed doors.

Joeku

I sat 3/4 of the way to the back and loved the fucking crusts (as well as Majora's Mask). Eat me!

Natiko

Banned
Finally listened to this. What in the fuck at just casually tossing the absolute best Zelda game aside. Link's Awakening is amazing, and the fact that they just casually put crap like Phantom Hourglass above it is mind blowing. Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion but damn.

Okay, done ranting.

Finally listened to this. What in the fuck at just casually tossing the absolute best Zelda game aside. Link's Awakening is amazing, and the fact that they just casually put crap like Phantom Hourglass above it is mind blowing. Obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion but damn.

Okay, done ranting.

I have to agree. I thought LA got much more of a raw deal than Majora's.

Top Bottom