• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giantbomb E3 thread

Lothars

SailorDaravon said:
It's unfortunate that the last E3 podcast was "ruined," especially after the absolutely stellar one before it, but it'll be business as normal when they're back next week and I think dragging this out even more will hurt the GB guys even more so I think people should try to let it go.

I don't think she ruined it, I mean it hurt the podcast but it was still enjoyable.

Firebrand

panda21 said:
jeff was ustreaming on his account but it kept getting cut off as they were going through mountains so i gave up on watching.

was some interesting games talk, next weeks podcast should be good.

and at some point Jeff did a brief Tak Fuji tribute including 'exxxxxxxxtreeeememmmee'.

Ah alright, I could only find some archived Mortal Kombat talk with Jeff and Brad, no live stream.

Would definitely like to hear their comments on the Konami spectacle.

hamchan

Big Ass Ramp said:
Watch the podcast. Vinny doesn't seem to like her and Ryan got tired of her at around the 20 minute mark. Even Jeff started getting sarcastic with her at the end.
So if she's mainly Brad's friend this must be pretty hard on him too. He reads GAF too so he probably read this thread.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Lothars said:
I don't think she ruined it, I mean it hurt the podcast but it was still enjoyable.
IMO it was completely ruined. I mean a meltdown was "interesting" in a kind of meta "watching a car wreck" way.. But it was absolutely uninteresting content. She basically dominated and prevented any real discussion for 90% of that thing. We didn't get the E3 mega wrapup we deserved.

Big Ass Ramp said:
Watch the podcast. Vinny doesn't seem to like her and Ryan got tired of her at around the 20 minute mark. Even Jeff started getting sarcastic with her at the end.

Yeah Ryan kept telling her to shut up and I dont think Jeff talked to her at all.

BocoDragon said:
IMO it was completely ruined. I mean a meltdown was "interesting" in a kind of meta "watching a car wreck" way.. But it was absolutely uninteresting content. She basically dominated and prevented any real discussion for 90% of that thing. We didn't get the E3 mega wrapup we deserved.

We weren't going to get that anyway. When Leigh wasn't talking, it was Paul Barnett drunkenly rambling about Shatner and the Harmonix dude talking about achievements named after him or whatever he was going on about for half an hour.

EricDiesel said:
I'm sorry, but if a dude guested on the Bombcast and kept loudly interrupting everybody, and saying "I NEED TO SAY 'FUCK BOSTON' EVERYDAY!!" (I live in Massachusetts and hate mean spirited sports fanaticism, so yeah... that bothered me.), I'd be just as annoyed. Fuck this "sex card" bullshit. It's called personal responsibility. You can't act like a jerk and not expect to be called out on it.

I'm not saying this Twitter fiasco isn't mostly due to internet/gamer misogyny. It probably is. A lot of these tools are being overly cruel. But can she seriously think the reason she was the only one in the room to get hate mail was because she doesn't have a penis? What? That's insulting to the well behaved guests.

It's also insulting to everyone she's, well, insulting.

On a side note as a sports fan, how can anyone be proud of anything the Yankees have accomplished in the past 10 years? I find the way that franchise is run far more damaging to the credibility of Major League Baseball than all the steroid scandals combined, no offense to actual Yankees fans.

panda21

hamchan said:
So if she's mainly Brad's friend this must be pretty hard on him too. He reads GAF too so he probably read this thread.

who is saying anything mean about brad? we wuv you brad

i loved the OG Leigh Axelander podcast too, its only the way she reacted to this one by making it into a gender thing that has annoyed people (here at least, i'm sure its something of a self fulfilling prophecy in some ways)

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Podcasts needed more Dave. Especially this one. Hoooooo boy.

BTW, was told it was around 6.5-7 million for Actipalooza. Lots of media wheeling and dealing kept it lower than most are saying.

EMBee99 said:
Podcasts needed more Dave. Especially this one. Hoooooo boy.

BTW, was told it was around 6.5-7 million for Actipalooza. Lots of media wheeling and dealing kept it lower than most are saying.

Classic example of talking for the sake of speaking and not even considering the words that come out of your mouth. How does any American adult, let alone a business journalist, spit out the words $775 million dollars and have no apparent clue how much that really is. That's not press event money, that's, "I want to buy two basketball teams" money. Two.

Spookie

Lothars said:

I think it would have been a bit shit with or without her. I missed out on the whole iMob lynching going on in the chat (UK here, I was at work) which appears to have blow things out of proportions a tad. But there were far to many people trying to hold this one conversation which caused lots of people taking over each other.

I'm quite stunned that Ryan uploaded the audio without edits too. :/

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Spookie said:
I think it would have been a bit shit with or without her. I missed out on the whole iMob lynching going on in the chat (UK here, I was at work) which appears to have blow things out of proportions a tad. But there were far to many people trying to hold this one conversation which caused lots of people taking over each other.
Umm they held a perfectly understandable and reasonable discussion as soon as she left. Everyone was allowing everyone to get their say in then bringing up their counter-point. Sorry but she really did ruin 2 hours of a 3 hour show.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
xxracerxx said:
Umm they held a perfectly understandable and reasonable discussion as soon as she left. Everyone was allowing everyone to get their say in then bringing up their counter-point. Sorry but she really did ruin 2 hours of a 3 hour show.

Seriously. If anyone doesn't think she didn't ruin the show, just fast forward to the part where she leaves. It goes from indecipherable nonsense to an actual video game podcast. It's amazing what a difference it makes when people are able to finish a sentence without someone interrupting about Boston.

Spookie

xxracerxx said:

Disregard my previous comment, just noticed the second part. I'll watch it tomorrow after sleep and comment then.

Wiseblood

BananaBomb said:
is 775 million = 3/4 * 1 billion part of the joke? because that's not even a true statement...

It's close enough and he wasn't trying to be exact, he was just trying to make Leigh realize what a ridiculous number it was.

MegaKungFuRadio said:
I thought it was spot on as well. Some people, however, will still maintain that the Wii is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

My bread machine will be making a lot of ciabatta and brioche this year thanks to what has been revealed thus far. :D

Mmmm DKCR.

Edit: Just watched the 775 million clip as well. Good god. :lol That said, I get drunk and speak nonsense frequently enough to know not to poke much fun.

ha1f

holy shit, i'm not going to put myself through this podcast, but i just saw the $775 million bit on youtube and my god :lol

who pays this woman?

TheLastCandle said:
My bread machine will be making a lot of ciabatta and brioche this year thanks to what has been revealed thus far. :D

Mmmm DKCR.

Yes, this year, Nintendo has finally decided to show its longtime fans a bit of love by announcing actual games people might want to play. It just took them three years.

Lijik

MegaKungFuRadio said:
Yes, this year, Nintendo has finally decided to show its longtime fans a bit of love by announcing actual games people might want to play. It just took them three years.
Id say it started last year with the slices of Metroid Other M, and the two Mario games.
This year though, they brought the entire loaf to the table.

Smash88

Banned
She is a good troll, I will give her that. Completely ruined that bombcast, and on top of that she says for the Giantbomb community to go fuck off? :lol

What a sorry excuse for a human being. From everyone here (and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people) fuck off bitch no one wants to see you or read about your feminist gaming views. Go ruin someone elses podcast.

P.S. GB-Crew, get Greg Kasavin next year to replace her.

Trickster

Lijik said:
Id say it started last year with the slices of Metroid Other M, and the two Mario games.
This year though, they brought the entire loaf to the table.

Other M and the 2 mario games was nice. But that was virtually the only things at their conference aimed at "hardcore" gamers. Everything else was about as awesome as the Kinect stuff at microsofts conference this year.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 was supposed to be one of these slices correct? It must be a slice of artisan 12 grain or a small focaccia loaf at the very least. Too good to be sliced white bread.

I'd just like to also voice my dislike for Leigh Alexander. Not like raging with hate or anything but she seems like a very unlikeable and annoying human being.

Snipes424 said:
rau3j7.gif

I was bored.

Cohsae

Wow.
Just wow at this entire situation, there are people on every side of this saying some truly fucked up shit.
I'd just like to say that at the end of the day, she made a fool of herself and screwed up a podcast where a bunch of dudes sit around, talk about video games and make stupid jokes.
Some of you are acting like she vomited on the Mona Lisa or something.

Smash88

Banned
Cohsae said:
Wow.
Just wow at this entire situation, there are people on every side of this saying some truly fucked up shit.
I'd just like to say that at the end of the day, she made a fool of herself and screwed up a podcast where a bunch of dudes sit around, talk about video games and make stupid jokes.
Some of you are acting like she vomited on the Mona Lisa or something.

I'm trying to find the best way to say this, but I don't respect any journalist that goes around spewing garbage, ruining a podcast, and then straight out telling the community which podcast she is on to "fuck off".

Smash88 said:
I'm trying to find the best way to say this, but I don't respect any journalist that goes around spewing garbage, ruining a podcast, and then straight out telling the community which podcast she is on to "fuck off".
Meh. Really she was just the requisite drunk girl at the party. It's just that the party was broadcast live on ustream. And people were emailing her telling her to kill herself, I'd tell them to fuck off too.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I feel as if I was too harsh before even listening to the podcast. I'm halfway through and she's a little annoying, but nothing incredibly bad. She just needs to learn to let people talk. She does just sound like she is having fun... and most of these developers talking about their games are kinda boring...

hamchan

Smash88 said:

That's fine but some people are crossing the line.

^Yeah like telling her to kill herself, that's just not right.

eznark

Banned
Aquavelvaman said:
Meh. Really she was just the requisite drunk girl at the party. It's just that the party was broadcast live on ustream. And people were emailing her telling her to kill herself, I'd tell them to fuck off too.
Me too, but I wouldn't call everyone who uses their email service bigoted hate mongers

hamchan said:

Those people are assholes thankfully none of them are posting here. Those people don't deserve to have attention paid to them replying to them over and over again is just stupid. Shitting on a whole community isn't very smart either.

Smash88

Banned
Aquavelvaman said:

hamchan said:

Oh I'm not all raging mad, I'm just annoyed that someone could act like this on a podcast, drunk/tipsy or not. Keep yourself at least somewhat civil, and let other people get into the discussion as well.

Yeah the stuff about her killing herself is taking it too far (and whatever other garbage people made).

Top Bottom