• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giving away a copy of Rainbow Six: Siege (PC/Uplay)

Compsiox

Banned
Rainbow-Six.jpg
Free weekend on Steam right now if you want to try :)

I am giving away a copy of Rainbow Six: Siege (full, not starter) because I want to bring more awareness to this amazing game and possibly make someone's day.

To enter just explain below why you want the copy of the game.

Ill pick someone tomorrow at 1PM EST.

WINNER: FPS murderer

For those who don't know about the game:

Siege Gameplay:
The Siege is a brand-new style of gameplay embracing the reality of counter-terrorist operatives across the world: intense and asymmetrical close-quarters combat between attackers and defenders.

As a defender, you will have the means to transform your environment into strongholds to prevent the attackers from breaching.

As an attacker, you will have many planning options to face this challenge and defuse these situations.

Destruction:
Destruction is at the heart of the Siege gameplay.

Everything in the environment reacts realistically, dynamically, and uniquely based on the size and caliber of bullets you are using or the amount of explosives you have set.

Walls can be shattered, opening new lines of fire, and ceiling and floors can be breached, creating new access points. Mastering the art of destruction is often the key to victory.

Team-Based Gameplay:
In Rainbow Six Siege, coordination is often the key to victory.

Team up with your friends and get the ultimate multiplayer experience! Fight in intense PVP or PVE encounters in closed environment and dominate the enemy team by choosing the right tactics.

Forge your team for optimal team coordination, and create the best strategies to become the master of destruction.

PVP Modes:
The game features 3 different team death match online game modes:

• HOSTAGE: The attackers must locate and extract a hostage from a building, whilst the defenders must prevent this by setting barricades and traps.

• SECURE AREA: The attackers must locate a room containing a biohazard container, and secure it by remaining inside for 10 consecutive seconds.

• BOMB: The attackers locate one of two bombs and activate a defuser nearby. The attackers win the round if they can disarm a bomb or if they eliminate the enemy team.

More info: https://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/game-info/index.aspx

SliChillax

Not a mulitplayer guy but I've heard only good things about this and close quarters/tactical gameplay is what I enjoy so this game might pull me back into multiplayer and playing with my friends.

I have a friend who I've been trying to get the game but he is always lacking in funds to buy it. I never have the cash to buy it for him. I want to spread the Word of Chanka in the form of Seeg. Let me make a fan out of him.

I've heard so much about the game, about how amazing it is, and I have 2 friends that I'd like to join in destroying walls and shooting bad guys.

Think its awesome you are doing this!

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
My friend keeps telling me how good this game is, and I've been hearing a lot of good things about it online. I'd love to win a copy so I can experience it for myself. Thanks for the opportunity. :)

Tyl3n0L85

Neo Member
Because it's been on my Wishlist on Steam since it came out and I don't have the money to buy it here in Canada (80$)!

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I loved the old Rainbow Six games but Lockdown and Vegas kinda turned me off the franchise, especially cause I never really cared about a singleplayer campaign in those games. Being kinda down on Battlefield 1 right now, I could really use a good MP shooter but TF2 is not for me since I'm looking for teambased shooters.

I'd love it because it's a shooter on PC I can finally say I enjoy playing comfotably with a KB/M. Played the trial and it made me fall in love with online FPS shooters on PC. Owning it would be awesome.

rav

Seemed like it had more tactical elements than CS:GO / CS in general. I played it a bit during a trial, but didn't have much time that weekend to give it a deep dive. What I saw looked interesting.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
gimme dat shit boii

Padinn

I was a big fan of the earlier RB6 games (going wayyy back to the first one), but have been a bit hesitant to pick this one up. I've heard great things about it and would love to give it a go.

Also, my PC is beast and I hear this game looks great :)

tioslash

Last time I´ve played a Rainbow Six game was in 1998-1999 and I hear this game is a really good tactical shooter, so I think it is time to finally get back to the series.

I want to get past the learning curve, and the demo weekend simply wasn't enough time for that. Really hoping that the full game becomes a mainstay of mine.

Thanks TC!

I'm a big fan of Rainbow Six since the days of original RS on PC back in 1998 and Vegas 1 and 2. And I love intensive co-op games where you actually have to cooperate in order to win. I've never had the chance to buy this because I've been trying to keep up with my backlogs. I kind of regret not getting this game on launch date because apparently, the coop experience in this game is one of the best.

I really want to try it out to see if the emphasis on teamwork is as good as people say it to be! Few games scratched that itch for me to this day, in special Battlefield hardcore servers, so trying a new tactical game that relies on cooperation would be fantastic.

Kaname

Been a while since I played an FPS. I joined the Overwatch hype train for a while but got bored because all my friends stopped playing it. I would like to try this out, hopefully the community isn't as toxic and I can find some playing buddy here. :)

Ceadeus

Gold Member
This game il already awesome on the xbox one and would like to play it on pc. The problem is that i cant afford buying it since i have much less money by going to school and working less. I would appreciate it a lot

Meowtor

Gold Member
The beta was fun and would love too see how it has grown. Also could use a new shooter to plop some time into

Also thanks for doing this :)

The Iron Weasel

Neo Member
Full disclosure: I bought the game at launch on PS4. Still have it. Got it to play with my brother.

I haven't picked up a PC copy, just couldn't justify paying for it again with the funds I currently have available. Just plays so much better with a mouse and keyboard.

Thought I'd throw my name in the hat just in case. But probably give it to someone who doesn't have it already.

Thanks for doing this.
I'd love to try this game out since I usually don't like multiplayer shooters. I tried playing CoD and Battlefield before but always lost interest very quickly. However, I fell in love with Overwatch and have been playing it almost every single day since it released, for hundreds of hours already. Mostly because of the fun objective based gameplay, which I like far more then the more deathmatch-oriented military shooters. Rainbow Six Siege looks like it also focuses more on team play instead of deathmatch, and I heard lots of great things about it, so I'm thinking I'd probably also like it a lot.

bstylee

Neo Member
I've never played a rainbow six game before (actually any Tom Clancy game) and heard this was the best one yet.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I was just fired from my job of nearly a decade. I need something to occupy my mind with for a while.

I'm playing OW and don't have the brainspace for 2 mp games, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear that. What was your job if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to PM if you want.

Syxx

Neo Member
I haven't found a multiplayer FPS that has held my attention as long as CounterStrike and Rainbow Six Vegas has. Perhaps this will be the one?

Tangeroo

Based on GAF's feedback, I bought the game about two months ago on PC. I became immediately hooked and it actually completely freed me of my Overwatch addiction. I ended up buying a second copy of it on PS4 as I'm generally better at shooters on console. Between the two copies, I've put in about 200+ hours into both PVP & PVE.

It took some wrangling, but I finally convinced one of my buddies to get the game. He's become just as much of an addict as me. We have a friend that we regularly game with but he's a bit strapped for cash, so I ended up buying a copy for him. He now loves it too. There's a third buddy of mine that I've been trying to convince to get it but he's also cash strapped and I unfortunately can't keep buying extra copies for my friends myself as I have my own budget to worry about. I'd love to continue spreading the love for this game as much as possible. Thanks for doing this OP!

My friend keeps telling to get this game so we can play together, that the team interaction is great is key, kind of playing squad on the battlefield games but CQB. I would love to get into it, I love games were you have to plan as a team/squad and really cooperate!

RS4-

I miss being able to play an actual tactical type game that isn't some nonsense like Arma and such.

Sure it isn't classic r6, but it'd be something.

teraMEL0S

I want to actually gift it to my buddy. He played it pretty regularly on PS4, but just built his own PC for the 1st time. Loving the game and getting comfortable with mouse and keyboard, I think he'd love it.

mtodavk

I play a lot of CS:GO and played the beta for this game, but unfortunately have not been able to pick it up. What I did get to play what incredibly fun and I'd love to be able to check out what the full version has in stock!

BNGames

I'm playing OW and don't have the brainspace for 2 mp games, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear that. What was your job if you don't mind me asking? Feel free to PM if you want.

Eh its cool, I worked as an Implementation Manger for a software company based out in Asia. Pro Tip, don't work for a company based outside of your own home country as a contractor, especially if they don't give you the resources you need to function. The nice part is all of my North American based clients are letting me use them as references. Pro Tip #2 if you are good at your job and develop a reputation as a reliable worker, it will pay back in dividends. My references document is going to be 30+ strong the way its going.

Thanks for asking though, we'll see how the job market pans out. I haven't had to look in a decade now.

I've always been interested in Rainbow Six games and I've been hearing SUCH good things about this game. I would love to win it. But thank you for holding this regardless!

i havent spoken to a group of friends for about a year. all they play is siege. too poor to buy siege. no friends. :/

thanks for the giveaway

Burt

Give it to me

I don't even have time to play it

I'm gonna give it to someone else

I just want the power

I would love to own this game, I love the series and have only heard good things about this installment. Unfortunately I'm on a really tight budget at the moment as I'm leaving on a few savings I made from a job I had till a few months ago, so buying mew games is out of the question right now.

Also, if you ever decide to visit Argentina, I can show the best places to go out in Bs As OP :)

HF2014

Well, id take it if it can make me remember the first Rainbow Six, which was imo, the best.

Edit: Nevermind, it seem to be a multiplayer mostly game, im voting myself out of it! ;)

I've been really interested in this one for quite some time. I used to enjoy the older Rainbow Six games (up to Vegas, which I still appreciate, but it's not the same Rainbow Six I used to love), and Siege always seemed like a decent modernization of some of the old components, but with a nice competitive multiplayer take on top. I've also been wanting something to replace Counter-Strike: Global Offensive with as my shooter of choice because I've had a bit of a falling out with the way the community is headed. If you give me the copy, I can promise that I'll play the hell out of it.

For me, 3 was probably the peak of the series. One of my favorite memories was playing it while 11 on Xbox Live and running into a group of Iraq vets who decided to let me play with them because they thought it was funny. They were using genuine tactical speak throughout and it was probably one of the coolest gaming experiences I've ever had, to this day.

I have a friend that's really into this game, and from what he's telling me this game might be very much my jam. I have too many games in my backlog to justify picking this up right now, but if you're giving away a copy I would really appreciate it.

Top Bottom