• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giving away a copy of Rainbow Six: Siege (PC/Uplay)

Free weekend on Steam right now if you want to try :)

For those who don't know about the game:

Siege Gameplay:

Destruction:

Team-Based Gameplay:

PVP Modes:

More info: https://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/game-info/index.aspx
I'd love to own this. Why me? Because I'm depressed as shit since Trump won and I would like to shoot imaginary terrorists in the face to feel better.
Though I'm sure there are many others in the same boat.

lokimotion

Neo Member
The original R6 was the first PC game I ever bought with my own hard earned money!

I remember my brother, cousin, and I playing the demo late into the evening - and finally after a few hours we all looked at each other and we knew what had to be done. We had to buy the full game and we had to buy it that night!

The problem was that it was at best an hour before shops closed and we had one car between us. So we all got on separate phones and started calling around the city.

Finally, with 20 minutes to spare, we found a retailer that had the game on the other side of town. We all ran to the car and my brother gunned it!

With literally seconds to go, we pulled up as they were closing and my brother ran in through the half shuttered entrance....

A few harrowing minutes later he emerged, carrying the game aloft as one would a trophy after a hard fought contest!

What followed really were hours, days, weeks, months, and then years of joy, fun, and bonding between the three of us that I will cherish for a lifetime! R6, Ghost Recon, the Xbox ports... we played them all and we kicked ass :)

Many years have passed since we played our last matches together, and since then we all ended up in different cities, different jobs, even different countries.

But this year we're finally all back living in the same town and there's a new R6 experience to bring us back together... to take us back to those glory days... to re-experience that bond that brought us all so close.

All this and I'm hearing rumblings that our old clan might be getting back together (long live PLBY!).

So for the memories, for the bonds (old and new), and for the one of a kind experience that is R6 - I would welcome and be honored by the opportunity to get back in the game again!

More and more of my online friends have it and now I'm kind of regretting not getting the game now...

I think I am probably missing a great experience.

Yeah my nephew was going on about the game last weekend... perfect timing with the free weekend to see it for myself. I was kind of down on the game since I don't like talking to people on headsets

Foxxsoxx

I don't need it for myself, but I've been trying to show my friend the light so that he'd get into it.

He's a huge Overwatch guy and I keep telling him it's just as teamwork based as Overwatch but he just won't believe me. He's a sucker, simple and sweet, Siege is life.

xAlias

Heard good things about the game and been hoping to try it out and get into it as the gameplay videos have been interesting.

I have to say the initial giant bomb discussion on the podcasts were extremely negative and it just completely shifted away from any interest I had at the time. It was too bad I thought at the time since I remember playing tons of rainbow six on the 360 with the vegas games. I've casually heard off hand that the game really has turned into quite a good team game so I'd love to really give it a go.

I built a pc for the first time a few months ago for gaming. The only multiplayer fps I've played on it has been overwatch. It would be nice to try something different so I guess this is worth a shot. Thanks.

Yep, free weekend on PC and PS4 friends. Game is fantastic and I can't wait to jump on tonight with my squad and educate some casuals :D we're pretty shit though, honestly.

I have to say the initial giant bomb discussion on the podcasts were extremely negative and it just completely shifted away from any interest I had at the time. It was too bad I thought at the time since I remember playing tons of rainbow six on the 360 with the vegas games. I've casually heard off hand that the game really has turned into quite a good team game so I'd love to really give it a go.

Really? From my experience, the game has always been fantastic. Didn't have much in the way of launch woes compared to most shooters these days. It's only gotten better with time though, jump in!

Nice of you to do this. I've been interested in playing after seeing some videos of it over the past month or so. Looks like a lot of sneaky fun. Sneaky, explodey fun.

AEREC

I wouldn't mind having a copy. Ive been getting back into MP shooters lately and I hear lots of good things about this one. Still gonna try out the free weekend on Steam and PS4 but Im pretty sure ill like it.

Thanks for doing this too.

Card Boy

Banned
I want a copy as I'm sick of the current offerings on PC. As an Aussie most other games are dead PC online. I hear this is active.

Landford

Banned
I dont have any better reason than the ones already presented here, but Ill be honest and say I would really like to keep playing after the free weekend (Im broke at the moment.) And in any case, cheers for the one who gets it, its an amazing game.

CSX

Been looking to find a shooter to play with my buddies. For some reason they don't have interest in TF2 or BF1 so I been considering this game since it got a lot of praise.

phinious

I want the game because I am looking for a game that brings back the same kinda feels I used to get from CS and SOCOM back in the day. I have been dismissing the game, but have heard good things so would love to give it a try.

bigzgod

I want the game because I'd love to play with fellow gaffers that I hang out with on discord. They seem to love the game, always speak so highly of it so playing with them would be amazing.

Spruchy

My co-worker told me it's really good and I would like to try it, plus I just got a new gaming rig so it would be cool to have a new game.

Glip_Glop

Why do I want this game? Honestly, I have been wanting it for awhile, never played the series, but heard nothing but good things about it. Money's been a bit tight, that tends to happen with weddings, house and those days where you need to be a grown-up, but that's not the reason. I'd say it's one of those games I passover because I have to spend wisely, being unfamiliar with the series kinda puts it on the back burner when something like Doom comes around. Anyway, thanks for sharing the wealth, you'll make someone very happy tomorrow, and I think we all need a good thing right now.

This has been on my want-to-play list for a long time, I've heard so many great things about it.

You're awesome for doing this by the way.

combine42

Neo Member
Dang! Thanks for doing this. I've heard great things about this game and I watched a year in review about it video today posted on reddit. Looks super fun coming from a huge CS fan.

I'll try either way with the free weekend and my girlfriend working Saturday and Sunday. Perfect timing lol

b3b0p

I would be forced to join the PC Master Race and my first proper modern PC game in nearly 20 years I think.

Azull

So I can kick/bash/explode doors, enter a room and scream with my friends "BREACH AND CLEAR, BREACH AND CLEAR, BREACH AND CLEAR!!!!!!"

I'm a simple man dammit, don't judge me.

Xerotwo

I remember playing this several times during the beta, but since I hear tons of good things after several months after its release. I'd really love to try out other classes that I haven't played and discover other tactics with them!

Agkel

I've been playing the free weekend and have been enjoying it. A free copy would be nice so I can jump back and forth between OW and R6. Thank you for doing this

Velikost

Thanks for the contest OP. I have a buddy who swears by this game, but neither of us are gonna be around to play while the free weekend is going on. Would love to win and finally be able to play it with him

zeroOman

I was thinking of getting the game for while but living in Egypt for collage and thing are getting very hard and super expensive.... as 40$ = 650 pound which is alot of money to spend for game....

kami_sama

The game has had great legs, doubling in players since it released. That means it has a healthy community. I already have some friends to play it with.
The gameplay also looks fun as hell.

Alric

I've really wanted to play this game. I've watched videos and it looks like a blast with great teamwork / co-operation being a must. Honestly aside from the tactics part, my favorite thing and why I liked games like Counter-Strike when I was younger was the 1 life, no health regen until the next match. It makes every game so intense. I'd definitely love to get a chance to play this with other Gaffers too give the chance.

I'm interested simply because I haven't played a game like this before, and it would be a nice insight into a genre and game style I've next to no familiarity with.

baconcow

The first Rainbow Six game I ever played was on PC; Rainbow Six. Not long after, I played Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear, and the way I thought about shooters changed forever. I was about 14 years old (32 now). Running over and over through the missions, I was attached to the team-based mechanics. I ended up playing the 747 level more than I can count. Later, I would venture into the multiplayer areas of Rogue Spear, only to be towered over by very skilled players. I ended up playing some of the Urban Operations mission pack and the popular (?) reverse terrorist hunt mode (or was it a mod?). I even rented Rainbow Six on the N64!

Fast forward to when I bought my Xbox 360: Rainbow Six Vegas. This game brought the multiplayer aspects of R6 to new heights, making the terrorist hunts better then ever. The story was still fun, but it felt more like a modern day Call of Duty game. I played multiplayer on this game quite a bit until moving onto the Wii Sony systems, where my days of Rainbow Six seemed to stop. I currently have R6 3, Vegas 1 and 2 on Steam, so they are always available to relive memories.

Hopefully, someone will relive a time where Rainbow Six operatives ruled the PC shooter world (aside from Half Life).

Top Bottom