• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Glastonbury Festival 2017

King_Moc

Banned
I didn't realise there was a thread! Just saw goldfrapp was right near the front. The bass was bone shaking. Good shit.

King_Moc

Banned
While I'm able to get the internet, I just want to say that Glastonbury, for two years running now, has put on two if the best live gigs I've ever seen. And I see a fair few.

Radiohead on Friday, who I've seen 6 times before and have always slightly underwhelmed me, were just incredible. The best setlist, crowd and sound I could have hoped for

The other was Kate Tempest. People were crying and hugging at the end of that. I've never seen passion and delivery like it. I felt like marching on Westminster at the end. Glorious.

Fur_Q

While I'm able to get the internet, I just want to say that Glastonbury, for two years running now, has put on two if the best live gigs I've ever seen. And I see a fair few.

Radiohead on Friday, who I've seen 6 times before and have always slightly underwhelmed me, were just incredible. The best setlist, crowd and sound I could have hoped for

The other was Kate Tempest. People were crying and hugging at the end of that. I've never seen passion and delivery like it. I felt like marching on Westminster at the end. Glorious.

Get your arse over to Park Stage Kano ripping it up.

This Glastonbury lineup is one of the best festival lineups I've ever seen. Clashes everywhere! I'd get anxiety with all the acts I'd miss and trying to pick some over others. So disappointed I didn't go this year, the two times I've been before have been the best 5 days of my life. Roll on 2019, I'll be back worthy farm

TTOOLL

Watched Radiohead's performance and holy fuck! Incredible, incredible, incredible. I wish I were there.

RedShift

Saw Kate Tempest two years ago at Glastonbury, she was great.

Argh I wish I'd been there. And even worse it's not on next year :'(

give the fields a rest I think. It is a working farm, after all.

I've been twice, once in 2000 and once in 2005. One sunny, one rainy. Sunny glasto is the best, rainy glasto is rubbish.

King_Moc

Banned
give the fields a rest I think. It is a working farm, after all.

I've been twice, once in 2000 and once in 2005. One sunny, one rainy. Sunny glasto is the best, rainy glasto is rubbish.

I've been to the last 13. Rainy/muddy Glasto is still great, just not as great.

2005 was fucking mental though.

Definitely come again, the site's expanded a lot since, the park is my favourite area.

I've been to the last 13. Rainy/muddy Glasto is still great, just not as great.

2005 was fucking mental though.

Definitely come again, the site's expanded a lot since, the park is my favourite area.

After this one, I think I'm going to try to get tickets for the next one. Only question is, should I bring the kids? On the one hand, they'd love it. On the other, it's going to severely limit the amount of drugs I can take.

King_Moc

Banned
After this one, I think I'm going to try to get tickets for the next one. Only question is, should I bring the kids? On the one hand, they'd love it. On the other, it's going to severely limit the amount of drugs I can take.

The festival is pretty kid friendly, as for taking drugs, yeah, lol. That'd be an issue.

moggio

Banned
Just catching up with Glastonbury stuff.

Highlights for me so far have been Sleaford Mods and Chic.

Nile Rodgers is The Man.

Future Islands were also good.

Hazzuh

Just got back from Glasto a little bit ago. It was my first time and I had a blast, feeling rather worn out though. Best people I saw were probably Metronomy, Craig David (he crushed it lol) and Run the Jewels. Everything on West Holts was rubbish because the sound is really bad there unless you are far forwards, found the Avalanches especially disappointing. Wished there weren't so many clashes, Dizzee, Radiohead and the Flaming Lips all being on at the same time really sucked.

Top Bottom