• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

go check your Walmarts, Guitar Hero 2 street date broken :O

Drakken

Boo-urns! Mine has it, but the lady said she can't sell it till the release date or else they'll be fined. That was expected, of course, but I figured I'd try anyway.

No demo either. :-/

At the retailers who've broken the street date, do they have the guitar-pack only? Or do they have the disk-only version for sale as well?

joelseph

Wal-Mart Store #5402
4650 West North Ave
Chicago (W), IL 60639
(773) 252-7465

Confirmed by phone: 8 copies ready for purchase

D3VI0US

No luck in Washington state so far. If anyone tracks one down lemme know but after being on the phone with various WalMart idiots for the past 45 min my patience is exhausted.

Meier

80 bucks.. wow. I like GH, but I just cant fit my fingers around the neck of a guitar well enough to play at harder levels. :(

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
demi said:
So are they all guitar bundles? I already bought the first, I don't need another guitar.

what about when you have a friend over?

Belfast

Dammit! Nothing yet around here (Gainesville, FL)! They were stocking the games section while I was in there, but I didn't see any large boxes full of Guitar Hero 2, so a sad one is I. :(

If anyone else in the area goes and checks on it later, lemme know what the deal is.

DustinC

Won't the register keep them from selling this? I thought that if they scan something before the street date, it actually says it can't be sold until whenever the date is.

Musashi Wins! said:
You can buy GHII without another guitar, right?

I asked the folks at Red Octane this question many times when I saw them a few weeks back, and it was a flat out no. Guess things have changed? I guess myself, and others, helped to convince them it wasn't such a bright idea (especially those who already have two guitars).

Ronabo

I've tried a couple in the Dayton Ohio area. No luck. One woman told me that it was supposed to be released Nov.7th but they wouldn't get it at their store the 9th. :lol

Mirimar

Battersea Power Station said:
When does the 360 version come again?

EDIT:

Oh, man, burning all the thatch-roof cottages? I've gotta get this.

Mmm...price point 89.99 for that "exclusive" guitar, eh? Or just the tacked on extra $10 for normal next-gen development costs, hehe.

demi

FortNinety said:
I asked the folks at Red Octane this question many times when I saw them a few weeks back, and it was a flat out no. Guess things have changed? I guess myself, and others, helped to convince them it wasn't such a bright idea (especially those who already have two guitars).

Bullshit, **** this game. Hopefully someone on eBay sells it game only.

Clipjoint

joelseph said:
Wal-Mart Store #5402
4650 West North Ave
Chicago (W), IL 60639
(773) 252-7465

I can verify this, I just got off the phone with them and the customer service rep said that they definitely have Guitar Hero II on the shelves. I'm jumping right in my car after work and zipping over there to pick up a copy.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Any stand alone versions? If so, this is bought like in 10 minutes if the nearest one has em

And someone keep an eye on Best Buy. They broke street date last year for the first game

FortNinety said:

Now that I think about it, you're right, this was never really confirmed, I just assumed it because it's the biggest no-brainer in the history of the world. I'm passing if there's no disk-only version.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wal-Mart Store #2524

5502 Monterey Rd
San Jose, CA 95138
(408) 363-9050

Confirmed

Only $70 version though, FUK ME

Any gaffers in San Jose planning to pick up another controller? Just pay me $20 and it's yours. I just want the ****in game

Edit: Wait, isn't this $80? The dude must have mistaken it as the first game. Maybe not confirmed..

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
joelseph said:
Wal-Mart Store #5402
4650 West North Ave
Chicago (W), IL 60639
(773) 252-7465

Before anyone else takes off for the southside, a friend just got back and they do indeed have copies in back, but we were informed that they wouldn't sell them. The first guy we talked to was reading the "PlayStation 2" part of a regular Guitar Hero box as standing for "Guitar Hero 2" -- someone more knowledgeable was the one that said they were in-stock but turned down the purchase.

Baker

Banned
brandonnn said:
Before anyone else takes off for the southside, a friend just got back and they do indeed have copies in back, but we were informed that they wouldn't sell them. The first guy we talked to was reading the "PlayStation 2" part of a regular Guitar Hero box as standing for "Guitar Hero 2" -- someone more knowledgeable was the one that said they were in-stock but turned down the purchase.

Walmart employees are the bane of my existence.

joelseph

brandonnn said:

Gah! I had a funny feeling he was wrong!

"Its not the original guitar hero? Its guitar hero 2?"

"Yea man, its two dog, gots the game in my hand."

=/

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
brandonnn said:

So I CANNOT buy this at the Walmart on North Ave?

brandonnn

BEAUTY&SEXY
Phobophile said:
So I CANNOT buy this at the Walmart on North Ave?

If by some feat of social engineering magic you can, get three and my friend and I will hit you up with some cash later tonight.

But 99% likely no, you can't.

BuddyC

*scrambles for phone and checkbook*

Man, if they have this in, it's gonna be one hell of an expensive week.

EDIT: It's a no-go here. Probably for the best, though I'm sure eBay sales would be quite lucrative...

I didn't have any luck at the one I checked out on L.I. There was even a little sticker on the PS2 games display case that said "Guitar Hero 2 - Street Dated Nov. 7" And there HAS TO BE a game-only version of this game.

jamesinclair said:
79.99!?!?

50 for just the game!?!?

Hello 2007.

(and **** you Activision)
The sad fact is that they have me by the ****ing balls. I really thought it would be $40 for the game-only too. I guess they don't want to lower the price of the original yet, so they had to jack up the price for the new one. Assholes.

Okin

I just called my local Wal Mart. They said it comes out the 7th. :(

And for all you guys freaking out about whether or not you can buy the stand alone game, I have the game alone already preordered at EB for $50.

Top Bottom