• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

go check your Walmarts, Guitar Hero 2 street date broken :O

Link316 said:
some dude who works at some Walmart in Arkansas said they started selling GH2, we keep Walmarts out of NYC, so I'm out of luck :(

Why are there no Walmarts in NYC, but there are KMart and TJ Maxx?

Seth C

Checked the local store (Richmond, KY). No Guitar Hero 2 (no Gutar Hero, either) and no shelf space setup to hold them.

Seth C

brandonh83 said:
Yeah I just checked there earlier. :lol

You gotta keep people updated on these things, man. I hate making trips to Wal-Mart when I don't have to.

Sad thing is, I didn't even plan to buy this. I want to wait for the 360 version, but if I could get it early? My willpower would be broken.

filthy

Hayami said:
new demo that hit Best Buy/EB/etc

I played what could have been this at a Wal-mart today in Phoenix, but I'm thinking that it was the full game. It had the first 10 songs available for quick play, everything from Opening Licks and Amp Warmers. I watched a kid play through Shout at the Devil, then did a quick run-through of Woman by Wolfmother myself. From what I've read, the 10-song demo is just an expanded OPM demo, and didn't have all these songs.

Unfortunately, none of the Wal-marts that I went to had GH2 available, but most had the $5 preorder placecard up.

Bog

Junior Ace
Any of these "confirmed" stores actually let you buy it? I thought their registers don't even allow it to go through.

Seth C said:
You gotta keep people updated on these things, man. I hate making trips to Wal-Mart when I don't have to.

Sad thing is, I didn't even plan to buy this. I want to wait for the 360 version, but if I could get it early? My willpower would be broken.

Sorry, I completely forgot there were other (or another!) Gaffer in Richmond. :lol

Sumidor

bune duggy said:
nada here. Just as well though with the TRU deal going on still.

Thanks for saying that.. it'll save me the trouble of going to any of them around here. By the way, have you checked out the TRUs around us? I was thinking of seeing if there's anything good to buy.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
jamesinclair said:
79.99!?!?

50 for just the game!?!?

Hello 2007.

(and **** you Activision)

Didn't you ever think that maybe the licensing for the songs were more expensive this time around?

(I know it's prolly Activision; just playing devil's advocate)

Sumidor said:
Thanks for saying that.. it'll save me the trouble of going to any of them around here. By the way, have you checked out the TRUs around us? I was thinking of seeing if there's anything good to buy.
Jantzen Beach, but they still don't have Contact in and as it's the only game I'm actually looking to purchase this week, I've gottn nothing from them yet. I'm holding out hope they get it tomorrow, though.

Dilbert

Killermonk said:
so one of the few that got it are gonne rip it right? right?
Congratulations! You are now a member of the coveted "first GAF post got me banned" club!

P.S. Buy the game, dumbass -- stop pirating crap.

Jewbacca

Banned
Killermonk said:
so one of the few that got it are gonne rip it right? right?

:lol :lol :lol :lol that is hilarious.

My first Gaf post got me kicked (it was actually a thread about poop) check the tag under my name :p

Ive been playing guitar hero 1 on easy.. im enjoying it... i usually suck are rhythm based games... but again im enjoying this.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Some people on gamefaqs are saying their Redoctane orders are shipping or released? Here's hoping other stores will break the date

123rl

Diablohead said:
What? I lol'd :lol

Never knew that one. doubt anyone did :p

Walmart bought them years ago :D Asda still uses its brand and name since it's one of the biggest brands in the UK. A lot of Asda stores now have "Part Of The Walmart Family" signs on the wall/at the entrance though

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
hey, um.... i really want this, but i never bought the first game. should i just buy that instead? or is gh2 just leagues better or something?

robochimp

Wario64 said:
Some people on gamefaqs are saying their Redoctane orders are shipping or released? Here's hoping other stores will break the date

My order says "Warehouse", and when I ordered from redoctane the website said something along the lines of "be one of the first to play" and that it would be delivered on or before Nov 7th.

It would be great if I got it before the weekend.

Top Bottom