• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goat Simulator 2014 |OT| You can be a GOAT!

Its only $10. How are people even hesitating? Some folks are so cheap. Bought this full price a few days ago, it's a wonderful time waster. GoTY

This is precisely what got me to buy it, even if it was completely and utterly bad ,.. is only $10 dollars, ... of course to my surprise the game is stupidly hilarious and definitely well worth my money.
I too can't believe people hesitate on buying it,... seriously, is a freaking goat game.

Tizoc

Found the
jet pack!
BUT HOW DO I TURN IT ON?!
EDIT: OK found out HOW to turn it on, now how do I use it to get to the glider?

I bought it for myself as well as a gift for lols. Game turned out to be really fun though, I recommend it.

I believe in Goat Simulation @_@

styl3s

Anyone know why i would be stuck in ragdoll mode whenever i fall or get hit?

I have restarted the game multiple times but whenever i fall, get hit etc. it's like i am stuck in ragdoll mode on the ground and hitting Q does nothing. It's infuriating.

EDIT- So toggling ragdoll in console works and apparently my Q was unbinded and hitting default on keybinds does abso-fucking-lutely nothing. I have no way of rebinding the Q key as far as i know.

styl3s

So IGN gave Goat Simulator an 8/10
As you could imagine, the comments are hilariously pathetic
The sad part is i know people who legit feel this way about the game and find it to be a broken piece of shit and that its absurd it got rated higher then X game or Y because X and Y are longer and have depth.

It's like people can't comprehend how reviews work and how you can't compare a 90 hour jrpg to a 3 hour indie platformer. I don't know why this infuriates me because i don't even care about reviews or scores.

Must be console peasants butthurt that the Game Of All Time is PC exclusive. Also that the game has humor, rather than moar shoota.
But...but
If you screw with the game rating scale you screw everything up, so this game is as good as anyother game with a rating of 8? Damn ign is stupid.
I am trying to be a nice guy and saving people from wasting their money on a stupid game. They could use that money to feed their children, or improve their lives, or donate to charity. Instead.....they would rather waste it on playing a terrible goat game. :/
God, people can be so stupid. Sure, they're trolls, but still...

I bought it for myself as well as a gift for lols. Game turned out to be really fun though, I recommend it.

I believe in Goat Simulation @_@

Believe in me!!! :D

u6eO6Cr.jpg

Goat Simulator was already taken. probably the day it was announced

kick51

Banned
the goat backlash is predictably starting. maybe they will succeed in making other people not have fun! or making people who have already had fun have un-fun!

Tizoc

Is this game poorly optimized ro something?
I can run Thief 2014 at 60 FPS with decent settings, but I can't get this to run at 60 FPS with everything maxed out.

Chettlar

Banned
I can run Thief 2014 at 60 FPS with decent settings, but I can't get this to run at 60 FPS with everything maxed out.

I don't really know, but the game has a ton of physics going on in a completely open world. They're weird, unrealistic physics, but they still have to be calculated, and in addition I don't think objects disappear, so your computer has to remember exactly where every single thing is.

In other words, I don't think they've taken very many short cuts with this. Just kind of made the game.

I mean Theif 2014, is actually rather linear, and doesn't have near the physics complexity of this game as far as I understand it.

That's not to say it isn't poorly optimized. It may very well be.

Ferrio

Banned

The PhysX stuff runs in software mode normally, hits the fps pretty hard. You can enable hardware PhysX if you have an nvidia card in the ini I believe*

*I read all this in a thread on steam forums, haven't tested or verified it myself.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Glitches everywhere!! And very poorly optimized. Still goaty.

Great fun though! At least for a while :p i wish the game was a bit more open, I want to go to that city etc.

NO TO PENIS SHAPED FOOD!!!

Chettlar

Banned
So is the OP a developer of the game? Really looks like it the way the OP is written, and how he uses the word "we" all the time.

No lol. I copied it from the main website because I only took like 20 minutes to through it together. Said so in the OP.

Devs aren't allowed to make OPs, so if I was, I wouldn't dare to do that.

Chettlar

Banned
He just copied that Q&A from the dev site. He isn't related to the game

And he'll like your compliment, it was his first OP

I wasn't even going to do this OT, or any OT (except the Viva Pinata 3 OT, whenever that shows up), but I saw this, was like "heh, it'd be funny if it got an OT. ..Heck why not?"

20 minutes later, baby. OTs are easier than I thought.

I added (Source: [Website]). I was sure that was clear enough.

I opted against quote tags, because there were already a ton in the OP. (I actually did it initially, but it looked cleaner this way).

... that's... that's not how writing works. If you write an article, exam paper -- hell -- anything professional, then putting "Source:" means that you've written in in your own words though taken the information itself from somewhere else. Granted, this is an internet forum and logic are often put to the side, but you're definitely doing it wrong. Everything that is a straight copy should be put as a quote; there are no exceptions. If you think that there are too many quotes then you can rewrite something, but I don't think it should be to bad with all the quotes. The OP is basically 100% quotes anyway so it will look consistent, and the banners and headings work to separate the quotes.

Chettlar

Banned
... that's... that's not how writing works. If you write an article, exam paper -- hell -- anything professional, then putting "Source:" means that you've written in in your own words though taken the information itself from somewhere else. Granted, this is an internet forum and logic are often put to the side, but you're definitely doing it wrong. Everything that is a straight copy should be put as a quote; there are no exceptions. If you think that there are too many quotes then you can rewrite something, but I don't think it should be to bad with all the quotes. The OP is basically 100% quotes anyway so it will look consistent, and the banners and headings work to separate the quotes.

I didn't think it was necessary (since I'm positive I've seen it done this way before, and um...I can't find anything about that in the TOS), but if a mod thinks I ought to, then I certainly will. Feel free to PM a mod.

Dude, it's a forum OT, not a college essay. I don't always use quotes in my OPs, I lean toward what looks nicer

I didn't think it was necessary (since I'm positive I've seen it done this way before, and um...I can't find anything about that in the TOS), but if a mod thinks I ought to, then I certainly will. Feel free to PM a mod.

LOL.

Overreaction of the year. There's no way you're serious.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
no mac version? :(

Overreaction indeed. That's three people already who thought you were serious.

Bro I ain't even mad. Just responded like I normally do.

I don't even I don't even.

What does TOS have to do with anything? What does PM'ing a mod have with anything? You're drunk, Chettlar, go home.

Chettlar

Banned
I don't even I don't even.

What does TOS have to do with anything? What does PM'ing a mod have with anything? You're drunk, Chettlar, go home.

I do stuff according to forum rules. If it ain't forum rules, or even common practice in that case (like, seriously, what are you going on about? I've never seen anybody do what you're talking about, or even suggest what you're talking about), then I don't really see a reason to do it.

Give me an example of an OT that does what you're suggesting.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Let's not behave like goats in here

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Game gave me an achievement upon restarting after it randomly crashed.

Unbelievable

So I'm 100 % now. Solid stuff.

Tizoc

So I guess TB totally missed the point of the game?

I don't really know, but the game has a ton of physics going on in a completely open world. They're weird, unrealistic physics, but they still have to be calculated, and in addition I don't think objects disappear, so your computer has to remember exactly where every single thing is.

In other words, I don't think they've taken very many short cuts with this. Just kind of made the game.

I mean Theif 2014, is actually rather linear, and doesn't have near the physics complexity of this game as far as I understand it.

That's not to say it isn't poorly optimized. It may very well be.

The PhysX stuff runs in software mode normally, hits the fps pretty hard. You can enable hardware PhysX if you have an nvidia card in the ini I believe*

*I read all this in a thread on steam forums, haven't tested or verified it myself.
I do have an NVidia card in my laptop so I'll try to turn that on thanks.

Top Bottom