• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater: Resurrection |OT| "You have three orders..."

Cheska

Is the story just a cheesy tack on in the game or is it legit and pretty good? I actually have God Eater Burst, but I would rather buy and support a good enhancement if I'm going to play through it.

ramyeon

Is the story just a cheesy tack on in the game or is it legit and pretty good? I actually have God Eater Burst, but I would rather buy and support a good enhancement if I'm going to play through it.
If it's anything like GE2 then it's very shounen anime schtick. Not fantastic but pretty good for hunting games.

Eusis

Wait is God Eater 2 coming to Vita in the states? I only see the PS4 version on PSN.
Think you just can't pre-order it on Vita. Makes sense if they're bothering with the first game on Vita still, and NB's been good on the digital front there. It was mainly SE that completely dropped the ball and they seemed to have gained something of a clue there in that if it's not absolute trash it's probably a good idea to bring at least digital versions over!

ramyeon

Wait is God Eater 2 coming to Vita in the states? I only see the PS4 version on PSN.
Yes it is, just no preorder for it as far as I understand.

Played GE2 on the Vita Japanese version and it was fantastic, runs really well and looks crisp and clean.

Looking forward to seeing it run on the PS4 with this remake.

MilkBeard

Just started the game. Seems pretty cool so far. Character and monster models look pretty good. Music is good, and the voice acting is pretty solid for the most part.

I always liked the concept back when I watched the anime, so I'm excited to get playing.

been playing it a bit.

I gotta say it plays MUCH MUCH better than Monster Hunter. Or at the very least, the tank controllers and movements of Monster Hunter are something I fucking hate.

ramyeon

been playing it a bit.

I gotta say it plays MUCH MUCH better than Monster Hunter. Or at the very least, the tank controllers and movements of Monster Hunter are something I fucking hate.
God Eater is definitely more focused on quicker action, but Monster Hunter doesn't have tank controls.

Im so confused about what to do. I want physical but I use a US account on the Vita. I think ill end up buying GE2 EU on Vita + PS4 physical. GE:R digital on both for 40$ total and sell/give the GE:R EU codes that show up in physical so I can kee pcross save.

Also is there enemy scaling while playing in coop or does it just make the campaign easier?

E-flux

been playing it a bit.

I played god eater 2 when it came out quite a bit, the boss fights aren't just up to monster hunter standards, some of the combos you can do are pretty sweet though.

ramyeon

I played god eater 2 when it came out quite a bit, the boss fights aren't just up to monster hunter standards, some of the combos you can do are pretty sweet though.
Pretty much. My only complaint with GE2 was that the combat lacked "weight" and felt very floaty and that the boss designs were just not that interesting. Due to the nature of the story all the aragami just kind of look alike from a thematic and design standpoint. There felt to be a real lack of them too and it got pretty repetitive.

Still had fun with it regardless.

Edgeward

The visuals look way better off the psp version, shouldn't be a surprise but it looks really nice and clean on vita. Only disappointment so far is that aiming doesn't feel that much better than on the psp version if you just mapped the dpad to the vita right stick.

hyp

loving this so far. bought the vita version last night not knowing a PS4 version was coming today. ended up double dipping. fuck it, was a fan of MH4 but this is more my style with the quick action and art style.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Having a blast with this right now. So far just
lost Lindow.

Not sure if it's the VA but whenever Alisa talks it just sounds so bad.

cj_iwakura

It has its moments, there's some great characters.

I love the original, so I'd be fine with that, just wait for the sequel if you're on a budget.

ramyeon

It has its moments, there's some great characters.

I love the original, so I'd be fine with that, just wait for the sequel if you're on a budget.
Or if you're buying the sequel anyway (On PS4) just preorder and get this one for free now. I played GE2 first and I would have appreciated the story more if I had played the first one beforehand I think.

cj_iwakura

Or if you're buying the sequel anyway (On PS4) just preorder and get this one for free now. I played GE2 first and I would have appreciated the story more if I had played the first one beforehand I think.

Oh yeah, absolutely play GE1 first. I'm happy with my PSP copy of GE1, I'm just ecstatic that 2 actually made it.

hyp

Still cant decide which version to buy. Are the controls better on the vita or the ps4 controller?

i like the feel on PS4 better but you can't beat the portability and ability to view the large map using the Vita touchscreen. anyone know how to view the map on the PS4 version?

edit: nm, if anyone is wondering, the full map shows up when you hit the Option button during battle.

Still cant decide which version to buy. Are the controls better on the vita or the ps4 controller?

I think it really comes down to asking yourself where you would feel more comfortable playing the game. I was gonna get it on the PS4, but for long games such as this one i prefer having it on my Vita since thT means I am not stuck to only playing it when I am in my room in front of the TV. With the Vita I can just pick up and play anywhere.

Im enjoying the game but I hope crafting items aren't as fucking rare. That was by far the most annoying aspect of monster Hunter, the desire sensor is the worst

pooptest

It helps that God Eater has quite the fanbase in JP. I mean they just celebrated their 10th year anniversary. I guess it also helps that Alisa is a total waifubait.... =/

Alisa is best waifu. I own all the figures :D

Im enjoying the game but I hope crafting items aren't as fucking rare. That was by far the most annoying aspect of monster Hunter, the desire sensor is the worst

I found hunting items in this game not too bad. Given, there are some rarer item drops, but it's not as bad as 1% or something, for example.

Ok, I'll be that guy:

God Eater Burst x Freedom Wars x Toukiden.

Which is better?

God Eater Resurrection for sure. Freedom Wars is fun with unique mechanics and Toukiden is trying to hard to be Monster Hunter. God Eater has so much going for it. The evades (it seems that you can evade after every strike), the story is better than the other two, the fact that you can go ranged and then switch to melee in the same fight is amazing as well. I would say GER is the best "hunting" style game on the Vita next to Soul Sacrifice Delta.

heringer

God Eater Resurrection for sure. Freedom Wars is fun with unique mechanics and Toukiden is trying to hard to be Monster Hunter. God Eater has so much going for it. The evades (it seems that you can evade after every strike), the story is better than the other two, the fact that you can go ranged and then switch to melee in the same fight is amazing as well. I would say GER is the best "hunting" style game on the Vita next to Soul Sacrifice Delta.

God Eater for sure. I've waited so long for localization. Charming. Badass. Combat feels meaty. Lots of customization.

Hmmm, interesting!

I gotta say, judging from videos the gameplay looks jankier than the other 2 I mentioned, but I guess the game is cheap enough for me to try! It might be better to wait for GE2, though. When is that going to be released?

SuperWristbands

Neo Member
How does the multiplayer work in this game for someone who doesn't want to play by themselves?

Can I play the whole game with friends, most of it (ala Monster Hunter), or is it super restrictive like Freedom Wars?

Monster Hunter had some really useful systems unfortunately locked behind single player (mushroom farms in 3U) and Freedom Wars required you to play the single player in order to progress in multiplayer.

My interest in this game relies heavily on if I can convince my friends to go in on this and they will not play by themselves so games like Freedom Wars never went anywhere despite it looking rad as hell.

Edit: And iirc Toukiden required one to play through single player in order to upgrade storage and mitama which was no good.

Hmmm, interesting!

I gotta say, judging from videos the gameplay looks jankier than the other 2 I mentioned, but I guess the game is cheap enough for me to try! It might be better to wait for GE2, though. When is that going to be released?

What videos are you watching I wonder? Are they for Gods Eater Burst on PSP or the new God Eater Resurrection? Because if they are the former I could see some jank, but the new version flows so nicely.

heringer

What videos are you watching I wonder? Are they for Gods Eater Burst on PSP or the new God Eater Resurrection? Because if they are the former I could see some jank, but the new version flows so nicely.

The Vita version. I can't point my finger on it, but it feels like it lacks weight. Toukiden, for instance, has very "weighty" controls, if that makes any sense.

Though considering I haven't played the game, I might be mistaken.

Dominator

What do you guys think? Vita or PS4 for these games? I think I'm gonna get the physical release on PS4 but should I double dip on Vita? For some reason I think these games are more tuned for a solid handheld experience.

Top Bottom