• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War 3 spoilerepicrific thread of discussion

protonion

Though I loved the game, I agree with the gamers who say 2 is better. I think if they remade 2 with 3's technology and add whatever they had to cut due to ps2's limitations, we'd have a masterpiece. However I think a reason for this is because GOW3 is this gen's GOW1. They had to built an engine, learn the hardware etc. That's why I'm pissed they said they're gonna leave Kratos to rest. WTF! This gen needs a fourth GOW!

The thing is, what could they do with the story?Everyone is dead! They could ditch Kratos, reset the mythology and make a totally new story.
Or they could have Athena release the sisters of fate from their mirror prison, go back in time to kill child Kratos so that GOW1-3 never happen. Kratos manages to escape. REVENGE!
Or they DO kill Kratos. His brothers watches the murder. As a child his mind is messed up. REVENGE!

And retell the story with either Kratos or a new character.

The point is. MAKE A GOW4!!!!

Yoboman

Gold Member
They need to do the obvious and go to Norse or Egyptian mythology. New character and everything

And get Jaffe to co-direct it

jvm

Gamasutra.
2real4tv said:
Or a remake of 1 and 2 with updated graphics.
I'd call it "God of War 1 & 2 Collection". Would be awesome, especially if you could get it for $30 or less with two platinum trophies.

LosDaddie

Banned
I, too, am of the opinion GoW 2 is the best in the series. Sure, GoW3 is technically the best with most refined combat and outstanding visuals, but I was left a bit underwhelmed once I finished the game. The last 1/3 of the game, other than the Cronos and Zeus fights, just seem uninspired to me. The Caverns and Labryinth levels were....bland and kinda boring.

But hey, GoW 3 is the only GoW I've replayed (to get Platinum, of course) in the series.

Strider2K99 said:
During the second Zeus fight where Gaia interrupts, Zeus mentions to Gaia that maybe she should have used (manipulated) the "other one". Who was Zeus referring to? Is any guess just speculation?

I always thought he meant Hercules.

Trickster

Yoboman said:
They need to do the obvious and go to Norse or Egyptian mythology. New character and everything

And get Jaffe to co-direct it

After having played all GoW games, I don't get why people think so highly of jaffe, yeah he came up with GoW, but God of War 1 is fucking horrible in every aspect compared to GoW 2 and 3, and afaik he hasnt done anything worthwhile since he quit the studio.

crispyben

Noisepurge said:
I always thought he meant Hercules.
THIS. The same question pops up over and over, and the "Hercules" answer has yet to be disproved... They call each other "brotha" "lol Desmond), Hercules is clearly jealous of Kratos and feels like he remained in his shadow even though he did all his laborq...

crispyben said:
THIS. The same question pops up over and over, and the "Hercules" answer has yet to be disproved... They call each other "brotha" "lol Desmond), Hercules is clearly jealous of Kratos and feels like he remained in his shadow even though he did all his laborq...

The fact that Herc lost was more than enough proof of why Zeus wasn't referring to him.

"You should of picked the other one" implies that the "other one" would succeed where Kratos failed(or at least where Zeus though he had failed),or at least be a better choice for their revenge.

How would Herc be expected to do better than Kratos when they literally just fought and Kratos was the victor?

Fimbulvetr said:
The fact that Herc lost was more than enough proof of why Zeus wasn't referring to him.

"You should of picked the other one" implies that the "other one" would succeed where Kratos failed(or at least where Zeus though he had failed),or at least be a better choice for their revenge.

How would Herc be expected to do better than Kratos when they literally just fought and Kratos was the victor?

No, but if they would have chosen Hercules from the beginning he might have been more submissive to their will.

LosDaddie

Banned
So what was everyone's favorite boss fight?

Having played through the entire game twice and the first hour or so 3 times, the Poseidon fight is my favorite....at least visually.

ZeroRay

LosDaddie said:
So what was everyone's favorite boss fight?

Having played through the entire game twice and the first hour or so 3 times, the Poseidon fight is my favorite....at least visually.

Hades. Felt like a real badass taking him out.

I actually felt bad after killing Cronos. Poseidon, while visually amazing didn't really give me much headroom on how to approach the fight, Hercules was awesome, the Scorpion felt like a really hard miniboss instead of an actual boss, Zeus was fun but the fight wasn't as epic as I expected it to be.

Melfice7

poseidon is intense, i also loved hades setting, hercules and cronos... and zeus muahah they are all awesome :3

Noisepurge said:
No, but if they would have chosen Hercules from the beginning he might have been more submissive to their will.

A loser who listens to you or a winner who doesn't(hint: the Titans kinda screwed Kratos first).

In GoW 3 the best fight was Hades or Poisden. Chronos felt more like a level than an actual boss. Out of all the fights in the series my top 3

1) Colossus of Rhodes
2) Aries
3) Hydra/Euryle

I just finished the game a few days ago and I'm taking my time going through this thread now, so I don't know if anybody else mentioned this already, but it just dawned on me....

How about they went and made a game with a character like Hercules for a sequel?

There's a lot of material in something like that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labours_of_Hercules

A traditional order of the labours found is:

1. Slay the Nemean Lion.
2. Slay the 9-headed Lernaean Hydra.
3. Capture the Golden Hind of Artemis.
4. Capture the Erymanthian Boar.
5. Clean the Augean stables in a single day.
6. Slay the Stymphalian Birds.
7. Capture the Cretan Bull.
8. Steal the Mares of Diomedes.
9. Obtain the Girdle of the Amazon Queen.
10. Obtain the Cattle of the Monster Geryon.
11. Steal the Apples of the Hesperides.
12. Capture and bring back Cerberus.

There's enough stuff there for not just one but two or even three games :D

And Kratos could have a couple of cameos in that shit too!!!

Owensboro

Just beat this last night, and have been reading the thread backwards for funsies, and I have yet to see this question asked: What was the deal with that note you find on the ground that says something along the lines of a "Prisoner" being brought up from Hades to be kept in the Labyrinth? I think it was on the ground just before you speak with Dadelaus (sp). I was thinking it was going to be a crazy boss-fight or something.

Top Bottom