• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ascension |OT| Gods up, Foes down

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Would you guys consider me weird if I said I don't like the GoW series?

Nope, people have preferences, but it is weird you posting in the OT to tell us

Edit: Damn You Dragonzord + Robo!

Now I will seriously hammer both your asses when I see it online!, 2 deaths will be from me, Oh yes, me and lord Hades bringing the Pain!

I'll just leave this here for anyone that is interested

If OP can add into first post would be helpful

Best Buy

Collector's Edition!

Got it for the Pre-Order bonus Mjolnir Hammer (Tie in with the History Channels Vikings show... foreshadowing perhaps... hmmm....)

Is there any reason to carry on once you've got to Rank 8 for the Hammer?

GraveRobberX

Is there any reason to carry on once you've got to Rank 8 for the Hammer?

Not really, but it it is a good story if you have been following it

I mean it doesn't hurt to answer the questions and get the 6,000 point total (Once Chapter 20 goes up), maybe there might be a hidden surprise (I highly doubt it, but you never know)

All I know is, the whole "camera backing out too far" thing won't be an issue for me.

However, I do think that Sony Santa Monica should have tweaked it a little for people who are playing on regular sized HDTVs and such.

Maybe a yes or no option for "Is your TV at least 80 inches?" or whatever.

Vire

I'm watching a playthrough online and there definitely seems like there is a shortage of crazy bosses and epic moments.

Just lot's of fighting regular enemies...

Environments are beautiful at least. Maybe it picks up later on.

dreamfall

I'm excited.

Those reviews seem to indicate that this is indeed, a God of War title. And that's something I don't get tired of- I love Kratos, and I'm ready to embrace some of his destroyed humanity!

I JUST CAN'T KEEP HANGING ON...

Oh, and whoever came up with that trophy is pretty ridiculous- why it was included feels like a shit play at being EXTREME- Tak Fuji voice!

ruxtpin

Banned
Is there a recommended place to buy the game? I know all these retailers are doing exclusives and shit. Amazon? GS? Can't seem to find a summary of all the pre-order incentives for all the different stores.

GraveRobberX

Is there a recommended place to buy the game? I know all these retailers are doing exclusives and shit. Amazon? GS? Can't seem to find a summary of all the pre-order incentives for all the different stores.

If you are a Gamers Unlocked member for Best Buy, you get $20 back in Reward Points for next purchase
Also get Mjolnir hammer as bonus

Gamestop you get King Leo from 300 as a skin

amazon you get back $10 (I think)

Play the Rise of the Warrior thing, just look up a few post, I put up cheat sheet

Do those and unlock more goodies

RPG

Finally got my Best Buy order fixed and ready for pickup next Tuesday. I played the demo over the weekend and it scratched enough of the GoW itch for me to want more. Really looking forward to diving into this one.

Jacob4815

I'm watching a playthrough online and there definitely seems like there is a shortage of crazy bosses and epic moments.

Environments are beautiful at least. Maybe it picks up later on.

I read that it picks up only at the end.

I'm glad. QTEs and scripted moments play out exactly the same and hurt replayability overall if there are too many of 'em.

I watched a half hour or so past the epic intro and very much liked what I saw. It was decidedly more low-key in contrast to the bombastic opening, but the gameplay and pacing looked more natural, too.

Derrick01

Banned
I am hyped for this game as the fuck... but I can't be the only one who will be booting up dat Last of demo first, right?

I would definitely play the demo first if it was available on day 1.

As for this game I can't say I'm that excited for it compared to the first 3 console games, but perhaps mild excitement instead of full blown hype will work in this game's favor.

Mr. RHC

*irony on* Only 80 Metascore? God of Bomba! *irony off*

God of War 1 - 3 have been gaming bliss, and I enjoyed the demo for Ascension, I think I'll definitely have to check this out!

I don't even see the point of bundling this demo with the game in that case. Sony can't even pull off a Crackdown --> Halo 3 marketing trick like MS can.

Because why not, basically :p

Even if it gets them an extra 1,000 sales, it will have been worth it

Anyone else really looking forward to the multiplayer? Think I'm gonna go Hades.

Any word on whether we can have multiple profiles/setups on one account?

Vire

TLoU was delayed to June 14th.

(maybe i'm misreading. do you mean it will have been out for a week already or will be out 2 weeks after?)

I just mean it'll be out in 2 weeks.

That's not really a great window of exclusivity. As Derrick said, do it like Crackdown/Halo 3...

Sounds like the game really is going down to the wire in terms of development time.

Limited edition day one purchase !

Don't care about what the reviews say or the fact that Sessler don't like a trophy name. The game will be amazing looking, brutal and mostly fun. I love God of War !

Dead

well not really...yet
Im actually more interested in the multiplayer than the SP right now. Looks really interesting.

Lack of weapons in the single player kinda deflated my hype a bit.

Im actually more interested in the multiplayer than the SP right now. Looks really interesting.

Lack of weapons in the single player kinda deflated my hype a bit.

I'm really worried that it'll be awesome but people will

a) not give it a fair chance
b) move on fairly quickly

leaving it a bit barren after a couple of weeks. Its a lot of fun.

Is there any word on whether there'll be any modes involving Kratos or his Blades? Imagine that as an ultra-rare weapon drop. It'd be great

I can see how their range would be a problem though since you can't move closer while blocking

Top Bottom