• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Launches Early 2018 (PS4)

vivekTO

Really loved this part!! shows different moves with the axe.

AC09Y8J.gif

Simo

That voice actor sounds a helluva like Linus Roache to me.

So any good docs I can watch or books to fully verse myself in Norse Mythology? lol I did the same honestly in the years when the original GoW games came out.

I take it that was Thor's body and Mjolnir we saw in the frozen land?

It seems my wish came true

Just watched GoW demo last year again, I really hope we have extensive hand-to-hand combat, I want to rip enemies by my own hands

Hope they balance the game well so I can do bare-hand only run

Did anyone else notice less gore and more fire as blood?

Maybe to avoid AO rating with those graphic quality? GoW 3 was really gore and violent, I was surprised it passed M rating

Floody

Yeah. They're going for a Teen rating.

Really? That's a little disappointing, ripping even the biggest enemies in two, ass hole upwards, was a big reason I loved the GoW games. Seems pretty gory still though.

It seems my wish came true

Hope they balance the game well so I can do bare-hand only run

They said last year, you could throw away your axe at the start of the game and leave it, so should be possible.

Why would they be going for a T rating, cmon guys?

When no Uncharted game is T god of war won't be T either?

The reason why they are pulling back on the gore a bit is because Cory said they want to do a better story than KRATOS SMASH of the previous ones

Simo

what

Definitely not lol. From what we've seen this is already an M. It doesn't even affect sales either.

lol I think he was joking considering the last reveal had Kratos burying his axe in a trolls head and in this trailer he's carrying a severed head on his belt.

Before the show, they said all games shown will be on PS4 PRO but Cory Barlog said otehrwise for GOW.
The Lost legacy was confirmed to be running on PS4 PRO.
Just check PlayStation channel: any game with video quality reaching 4K must be running on PS4 PRO.
GOW highest quality is 1080p.

Kssio_Aug

For me this was the game of their show! It looks absolutely fantastic!!! I wish they'd give a more certain release date though.

I get the feeling this game is going to set the new standard for third person melee combat. I liked the glimpses that we saw of that.

That said I doubt fans of the old games will be satisfied with the lower enemy count and seeming lack of jump platforming.

This and GTS... absolutely the best trailers from Sony E3 2017.

Edit:
Seeing the GIFs in detail, why is only one enemy attacking at a given time?

They really went for a "light" souls gameplay. I like it but I still need assurance that their will be epic set piece boss battles. Hopefully they are just keeping those a secret to avoid spoilers.

Wasn't there an early rumor that you would be playing as Kratos's son?

Wonder if they scrapped that, though considering how much of a focus the son is in this game there is still a posibility that Kratos bites it somewhere during the game.

vivekTO

Wonder if they scrapped that, though considering how much of a focus he is in this game there is still a posibility that Kratos bites it somewhere during the game.

There were no such rumors, I think and cory himself confirmed that you won't be playing Son last year.

Wonder if they scrapped that, though considering how much of a focus the son is in this game there is still a posibility that Kratos bites it somewhere during the game.

I would be pissed if they pull MGS2

True Fire

Wonder if they scrapped that, though considering how much of a focus he is in this game there is still a posibility that Kratos bites it somewhere during the game.

I can totally see them killing off Kratos in the first 30 minutes. It would be a very Sony thing to do.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

At most, a section where Kratos is unavailable ala the start of Winter in The Last of Us. But I don't see the kid being the central protagonist.

There were no such rumors, I think and cory himself confirmed that you won't be playing Son last year.
Wasn't Cory saying that precisely because of those rumors?

Either way who knows even if it were true he would never say it.

On the one hand Kratos is a popular character, on the other I am not sure where they can go with the story with him, they already had the kid-redemption thing in 3. Granted it was really bad so maybe they do better this time.

vivekTO

Wasn't Cory saying that precisely because of those rumors?

Either way who knows even if it were true he would never say it.

if by rumour you mean people expectations than it could be said that way, what i meant was there is not insider leaks or Hint as such.

Darknight

I get the feeling this game is going to set the new standard for third person melee combat. I liked the glimpses that we saw of that.

That said I doubt fans of the old games will be satisfied with the lower enemy count and seeming lack of jump platforming.

I played all the old ones and Im ready for the reboot.

Simo

going from an English king in Vikings to a Viking god in God of War

Honestly could be why he got cast, if it is him. Kinda like how they got Kevin Sorbo for Hercules and Harry Hamlin for Perseus. Art imitating art or,basically Barlog being a fan. lol

Floody

I can totally see them killing off Kratos in the first 30 minutes. It would be a very Sony thing to do.

Only reason I don't think they will is because Kratos has been killed like 5 times at least and all he does is beat up whoever's Incharge and leaves. Have to pull some bs for me to believe he's actually dead.

Stoze

Why would they be going for a T rating, cmon guys?

When no Uncharted game is T god of war won't be T either?

The reason why they are pulling back on the gore a bit is because Cory said they want to do a better story than KRATOS SMASH of the previous ones

Uhh every Uncharted game is T

But yeah it's definitely going to be M. Kratos is carrying around a human head on his hip and smashes that big viking Orc thing's head in complete with red blood splash.

if by rumour you mean people expectations than it could be said that way, what i meant was there is not insider leaks or Hint as such.
Honestly the only thing I remember is that the previous e3 Shinobi posted something about his early sources suggesting you would be playing as the son.

But considering everything that went down the past couple of months I'm not sure about the veracity of those claims

vivekTO

Honestly the only thing I remember is that the previous e3 Shinobi posted something about his early sources suggesting you would be playing as the son.

But considering everything that went down the past couple of months I'm not sure about the veracity of those claims

Shinobi hinted that, than my bad. But as cory himself confirmed , i don't think we will play as a son in any way or form.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What was this Shogun person saying? I don't even remember exactly.

I think he was the one who kept saying how the 2016 demo was all smokes and mirrors and the game actually began development after E3 last year based on positive feedback and that there's no way it releases this holiday or early next year.

Top Bottom