• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Sells Over 3.1 Million Units in 3 Days, Becomes Fastest-Selling PS4 Exclusive

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
3.3 mil. in first 12 days

Man this is crazy. Makes me wonder if Sony can allow this I.P. to end. Or do they "have" to keep making more games just because like MS does with Halo. Because to me it looks like MS has run out of ideas for games like Gears and Halo.

I want to eventually get this game but like is there a boss battle that compares to cronos or hades?

I haven't beaten the game yet, but I'd say "yes" to your question.

nowhat

Man this is crazy. Makes me wonder if Sony can allow this I.P. to end.
If interviews are to be believed, a new God of War was actually quite a hard sell to Sony at first, given the less-than-ideal reception of Ascension (it wasn't a flop, but wasn't a critical or commercial hit either). It's very likely without Balrog et al. taking the series to a completely new direction we wouldn't have a new God of War now.

mckmas8808

If interviews are to be believed, a new God of War was actually quite a hard sell to Sony at first, given the less-than-ideal reception of Ascension (it wasn't a flop, but wasn't a critical or commercial hit either). It's very likely without Balrog et al. taking the series to a completely new direction we wouldn't have a new God of War now.

You're right. But with this new game being a commercial and critical hit, can Sony afford to let it be a one and done thing? Or will they feel the pressure to pump some more old man Kratos games out? Keep in mind I don't know how it ends, but I'd hate for Sony to make more GOW games if the story doesn't make it necessary.

nowhat

You're right. But with this new game being a commercial and critical hit, can Sony afford to let it be a one and done thing? Or will they feel the pressure to pump some more old man Kratos games out? Keep in mind I don't know how it ends, but I'd hate for Sony to make more GOW games if the story doesn't make it necessary.
I shall refrain from specifics as you haven't finished the game, but there certainly is more story to tell (and again according to interviews, more of the story is already planned). So yeah, I'm fairly certain we'll get a sequel or two. But I don't see this becoming an annual franchise if that's what you're after.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Not to mention that SSM had blown through so much money on Stig’s (director of God of War 3. No longer at SSM) failed project they needed something that was going to do well and brought back Barlog who was responsible for what in many ways was the best of the God of Wars story wise, God of War 2.

Vawn

Banned

Without going into spoilers, it seems clear SSM intended for this to be the first in a series of new GoW games. I can't see a reason Sony wouldn't oblige given this game's success.

mckmas8808

I shall refrain from specifics as you haven't finished the game, but there certainly is more story to tell (and again according to interviews, more of the story is already planned). So yeah, I'm fairly certain we'll get a sequel or two. But I don't see this becoming an annual franchise if that's what you're after.

That's for explaining that without spoiling 1% of anything lol.

Top Bottom