• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Set In Eygpt Will Look Like?

If Kratos was to step foot into Eygpt before God of War 2018 after the fall of the Greek Gods then...

I don’t know, but I will like to know 🤷🏿 somehow I think it would have been controversial. Even going into the future I think it will spark up controversy, so maybe that’s why they avoided doing it?

My idea of Eygpt came from this link

What can Atum & Osiris do to PISS KRATOS OFF? How would the story go? Would it be a Ragnarok like Norse and Greek? Would Kratos fight alongside Evil or GOOD?!

Last edited:
When the original trilogy ended I said one day I'd love to see the series tackle different mythologies and specifically hoped for Norse and Egyptian. Years later my wish came true but it remains only half fulfilled, would love to see an Egyptian game/trilogy, doesn't have to be with Kratos, he's earned his retirement. Aztec, Babylonian mythologies would be welcome too. I'd add Japanese but we've already got lots of stuff from that realm with more on the way, could be really cool though under the GoW umbrella, again, doesn't have to be Kratos.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
God of War is not like Assassins Creed game which in each game will sets in different mythology, there is even a good chance Kratos might die for good in Ragnarok.

Egyptian god suck
66afe69101c0b5f19a71b12adb72d488a7013a88.gif

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
When the original trilogy ended I said one day I'd love to see the series tackle different mythologies and specifically hoped for Norse and Egyptian. Years later my wish came true but it remains only half fulfilled, would love to see an Egyptian game/trilogy, doesn't have to be with Kratos, he's earned his retirement. Aztec, Babylonian mythologies would be welcome too. I'd add Japanese but we've already got lots of stuff from that realm with more on the way, could be really cool though under the GoW umbrella, again, doesn't have to be Kratos.

without kratos might as well just make a different series

without kratos might as well just make a different series
No. To be clear, I prefer Kratos, love the character from the very first game but they could make it work, we'll see.

God of War is not like Assassins Creed game which in each game will sets in different mythology, there is even a good chance Kratos might die for good in Ragnarok.
You do realize that GoW 2018 and Ragnarok are in a "different mythology", right? Did you play GoW 2018? When Kratos takes the elevator ride down to Tyr's area he passes by various murals that depict different mythologies. Paintings include a Japanese Torii gate, some Aztec motif, Egyptian symbols and more (iirc, haven't played it since I plat'd it upon release). And Assassin's Creed isn't set in different "mythologies", it's set in actual, real world historical times with it's *own* mythology woven in with some mythological spice from that time period/culture thrown in for good measure.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
You do realize that GoW 2018 and Ragnarok are in a "different mythology", right? Did you play GoW 2018? When Kratos takes the elevator ride down to Tyra's area he passes by various murals that depict different mythologies. Paintings include a Japanese Torii gate, some Aztec motif, Egyptian symbols and more (iirc, haven't played it since I plat'd it upon release). And Assassin's Creed isn't set in different "mythologies", it's set in actual, real world historical times with it's *own* mythology woven in.
I know but I dont think it gonna continue with that like AC games are doing but hey anything can happen.

kyussman

Surprised so many are down on Egyptian gods,I think they are fucking awesome.I think it would make for a fantastic setting.I would have liked to have seen it back with the original style of game though when Kratos was younger.Imagine all the cool puzzles and traps back in those games put into pyramids and tombs,would have been pretty great I think....that stuff has been dumbed down now,shame.

I think they should remake God of War 1-3 with the God of War 2018 engine for PS5 (with enhancements)

and then for PS6 do God of War in Egypt as the next arc.

Before God of War 2018, God of War III was the best-selling God of War game at just over 5 million copies.

God of War 2018 has sold over 20 million copies and is going to have long legs on PC when the price is discounted.

It makes a ton of sense to reintroduce a new generation of fans to the story from the original games that are quite dated now. Not to mention you have the chance to bring them to PC as well.

Soodanim

I think they should remake God of War 1-3 with the God of War 2018 engine for PS5 (with enhancements)

Before God of War 2018, God of War III was the best-selling God of War game at just over 5 million copies.

God of War 2018 has sold over 20 million copies and is going to have long legs on PC when the price is discounted.

It makes a ton of sense to reintroduce a new generation of fans to the story from the original games that are quite dated now. Not to mention you have the chance to bring them to PC as well.
As great as that would be (as is the case for every game with a sequel in a later generation), remaking games takes time away from new projects that already take forever to make. Emulators exist if people want to experience the originals that exist on 2 platforms, especially if we're talking about PC, so personally I'd rather the focus be on something new.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Egyptian gods are much stranger and more alien than Greek/Norse gods. It would be harder to portray them as real characters - not least because they mostly have animal heads
I take it you dont know much about the Norse gods huh?
People give birth giant Wolves......Lokis son is literally Fenrir.
Jormungandr again Lokis child is a snake that wraps around the whole world.
We even saw their mother in the Ragnarok trailer......I dont want to even want imagine how that petite body gave birth to a snake that wraps around the world.
The world of the Norse is made up of the dismembered body parts from Ymir.
Wanna know why clouds kinda look like brains....cuz they are literally made from Ymirs brain.
Thor is a crossdresser.....and even got married while in his "female" form.
Speaking of genderbending.....Loki turned himself into a mare and gave birth to an eight legged horse.
But when adapting stuff......you make it work.

Norse is probably more weird and what the fuck did I just read......than Egyptian, animal heads aside, which could easily be attributed to them wearing headgear in the shape of animals wouldnt be an issue.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
It would look more interesting than another God of War set in Greek or Norse mythology, that's for sure.

Assassin's Creed Origins comes to mind. Especially the DLC.

JusticeForAll

Gold Member

I'm sorry, but no. We have enough remakes as it is. Rather have a new game than yet another remake/reimagining/re-whatever.

Last edited:

GermanZepp

As much as i like this franchise i hope that Santa Mónica wrap the story up. Maybe they could separate the path of Atreus and Kratos by the end and let GOW rest.

Top Bottom