• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla Minus One - New Toho Godzilla Movie

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Looks like this is performing well ahead of projections. Looking to make $11 million instead of the 7-8 it was tracking at going into release. That's what word of mouth does. I bet it has a good second week too.

Labolas

Just got back from seeing it. And probably the best Godzilla movie to date but I don't know if it tops Shin Godzilla for me. It also makes me appreciate the franchise even more and have reverence for it.

I will say it was quite annoying to kids in the theatre running back and forth through the movie. I never understood why the parents it was a good idea to see a movie like this.

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Looks like this is performing well ahead of projections. Looking to make $11 million instead of the 7-8 it was tracking at going into release. That's what word of mouth does. I bet it has a good second week too.
I think its only in theaters for 1 week

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I think its only in theaters for 1 week
Trust me, if this movie finishes in third place for the weekend, and beats Napoleon and Wish as it seems likely to, they're gonna extend/expand the run.

They've already expanded the run to about 500 more theaters. December is usually a really light month for mainstream movies and it's a time where we can often see foreign films or indie films become big hits. We saw this with Parasite a couple years ago, which went on to gross like $50 million in the US and ran for months.

Last edited:
Top Bottom