• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PS4 Godzilla game sure is expensive nowdays

VulcanRaven

Its sad that the PS4 Godzilla game from 2014 has been delisted. People are asking over 100 dollars for it on Ebay and sealed copies are even more expensive. There is also a japanese release called Godzilla VS that is better. Servers seem to be still up so I don't really understand why Toho doesn't want to keep selling it. Its the most recent Godzilla game on consoles and no one seems to be making a new one. Has anyone here played it? I wonder if its worth the money.

I tried the demo at the time and it didn't really impress me at all. I found out later that there is much more to it after watching this:

It seems like a fun game.

Last edited:

stranno

I finished it back in the day and it was a pretty boring game. Animations were too slow and you had to circle around to turn 180. Not even the destruction physics were decent.

But, since most Godzilla games are terrible, I guess it was ok.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Can I tell you something??

I wanted to buy it and in fact they were giving it away for 15 dollars, but unfortunately I had a very important postgraduate exam and I couldn't distract myself...

By decision I passed the exam and it changed my life... But I saw that the video game was sold out later and the price went up.

I can say that it was the last time I made a sacrifice.

But luckily the price they give I can get if I want.

Its sad that the PS4 Godzilla game from 2014 has been delisted. People are asking over 100 dollars for it on Ebay and sealed copies are even more expensive. There is also a japanese release called Godzilla VS that is better. Servers seem to be still up so I don't really understand why Toho doesn't want to keep selling it. Its the most recent Godzilla game on consoles and no one seems to be making a new one. Has anyone here played it? I wonder if its worth the money.

I tried the demo at the time and it didn't really impress me at all. I found out later that there is much more to it after watching this:

It seems like a fun game.

Its another case of game reviewers blowing their load prematurely or impulsively slapping a "do not play/buy" stigma onto something they didn't bother looking into thoroughly enough. Many such documented cases.

The game is also available on PS3 if that would be of interest, btw.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

I finished it back in the day and it was a pretty boring game. Animations were too slow and you had to circle around to turn 180. Not even the destruction physics were decent.

But, since most Godzilla games are terrible, I guess it was ok.
I'm not a fan of his movies, but the video game presents the most complete compilation of Godzilla's history... From the first to the last movie. With all the monsters and characters, he recreates the old special effects from his movies..

Godzilla destroy all monsters melee is still the best game of the character.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Its another case of game reviewers blowing their load prematurely or impulsively slapping a "do not play/buy" stigma onto something they didn't bother looking into thoroughly enough. Many such documented cases.

Exactly, how I hate those people with all my soul.

It's like the Onechanbara series, they criticize and give 3 score even though they are good and fun games..

They are idiots.

The ps3 versión is only japanese.

Codes 208

Ive played it, bought it specifically cause it was the first release to have legendary’s Godzilla as a playable character.

It was…alright. Like a clunkier destroy all monsters but with the added requirements of destroying cities (and generators)

But no, its not worth the collector prices these days.

Rayderism

If I could, I would give away my digital copy for free. That game was very slow, plodding and lame in my opinion.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It was an okay game.

I guess the reason it costs so much is because it's Godzilla and there is a real thirst for a new Godzilla game, or any kaiju game for that matter.

I'd love a new Godzilla game with insane destruction physics. My only ask is that I get to fight other monsters as Shin Godzilla and not the big boy American Godzilla.

bTzwLJ8.gif

VulcanRaven

PS3 version seems to be as expensive too.
You are seriously asking if the game with MC 38/100 worth 100$? It's a typical Bandai's license game - cheap, low-effort and outright bad.
I wouldn't pay that much of course. 30 dollars/euros at most.
Maybe slightly off topic, but gigabash has godzilla dlc now if you want to get your fix:

I didn't know about that game. Thanks!

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
It reminds me of those delisted games that you can find on one of those key reselling websites. Typically it's some total shit of a game that normally wouldn't be worth playing if it was being given away for free, but they put a 1000 dollar price tag on it just because you can't buy it on Steam anymore.

Idk, are they really hoping that there's an idiot out there who'd be willing to pay that much for that garbage?

BitterMetallicCommongonolek-size_restricted.gif

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
As a fan of Godzilla movies, especially the 90s run, I found the game to be pretty great. Honestly, the tank movements fit the creatures as they are depicted in the Toho movies. Most of them are pretty damn slow and methodical in their movement. It had a massive roster, you could play all of the monsters (in PS4 version; PS3 version you could only play Godzilla) and there were tons of references to specific movies.

Basically, it was made more diehard fans, which I am one, so I was more than satisfied. I'm not shocked at all that most people hated it. Most people I know would rather go to the dentist than to sit through a classic era Godzilla movie.

What can I say, a lot of people have bad taste.

main-qimg-34dec958b7128dcc722d3c3f94aaa72b

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anything that goes out of print goes up in price - this is especially true for games where no other way of obtaining it exist (as in, it's not available digitally). So this is the perfect storm to drive up the price.

But even just regular out of print stuff that's still sold digitally goes up too. Case in point:

This game came out two years ago, and is currently out of print. Sealed copies are going for $80+. Open copies are still selling for more than MSRP of $60. You can buy the game digitally for $59.99, and on Black Friday it was on sale for $29.99. Just the nature of supply and demand.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Gougers are going to this with any delisted game.
Crap game, but no digital version and it being Godzilla only guarantees it’ll go up in price.

F31 Leopard

I got mine at Best Buy back in 2016. I wasn't even looking to buy it. Just happened to see it and was like oh cool a Godzilla game and it's only 14.99 eh why not. I still have it till this day.

waardsz.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom