• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG | News and Updates 2017 - Back to the basics

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Congrats Catshade. I was the other guy, lol. It's all good.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm probably not going to play any of the games I'm buying for a while, since I'm like 4 or 5 hours into Trails in the Sky. But... at least I'm getting some use out of my gaming PC. That's pretty cool.

Persona7

Banned
I'm probably not going to play any of the games I'm buying for a while, since I'm like 4 or 5 hours into Trails in the Sky. But... at least I'm getting some use out of my gaming PC. That's pretty cool.

I like to think that I will get to the games I buy....someday. I do load up random stuff to play sporadically so it works out.

Have two games to give away:

ModBot said:
Instructions for INDIGO_CYCLOPS:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985682.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (INDIGO_CYCLOPS, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Chronicles of Riddick: The Assault on Dark Athena -- MB-783B3CABE357C288
System Shock 2 -- MB-9906E299F7C659E0

I'm dumb. Forgot about the lurker rule. Gonna change it the nice way.
--
Oldie but goldie. Not entirely sure if it works or not, sorry.
Expired :/

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985682.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (freshVeggie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
The Gamers: Director's Cut (GOG) -- MB-4E5F27687F6DE817 - Taken by D3RANG3D. 1 entrants total.

t1446917494z1.png

Persona7

Banned
Really wish GOG would implement the wallet system they talked about before. Mastercard is constantly blocking my transactions because they look fraudulent and my bank can't really do anything besides put a note in my account.

Red Hood

Banned
Does anyone know if I pay with iDEAL on GOG? I'm not even sure if it's a known system outside of the Netherlands, but Steam does have the option.

Really wish GOG would implement the wallet system they talked about before. Mastercard is constantly blocking my transactions because they look fraudulent and my bank can't really do anything besides put a note in my account.

Could you put money into your PayPal account, then use that credit to buy games?

Convoluted, but still.

Tizoc

OK so now that I own all 3 Anno games on GOG, I'd like to know which of them is the easiest to pick up and play. Apparently the Anno games before 2205 had some micromanagment and I don't think I'm good with that kind of thing :X

Dsyndrome

Just realized Galaxy will let you install to different drives now, so not necessarily the one it was installed on. Happy about this since I've been limiting stuff installed so as not to clog up my SSD.

ShadowOwl

So, that my final haul:
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Space Rangers HD: A War Apart
  • World in Conflict: Complete Edition
  • The Ultimate Doom
  • Doom 2 + Final Doom
  • Quake: The Offering
  • Anno 1602
Started with PoE and absolutely loving it so far!

Does anyone know if I pay with iDEAL on GOG? I'm not even sure if it's a known system outside of the Netherlands, but Steam does have the option.
iDeal isn't available as far as I can tell: www.gog.com/wishlist/site/ideal_payment_option

OK so now that I own all 3 Anno games on GOG, I'd like to know which of them is the easiest to pick up and play.
1701. Easiest place to start compared to 1602 and 1503. I really hope 1404 is going to make it to GOG.

Kvik

I think everyone has already own a copy, but here it is:

ModBot said:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kvik, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
System Shock 2 (GOG) -- MB-C700A524D3E3A4E4 - Taken by szaromir. 2 entrants total.

t1447546802z1.png

Teppic

Nothing for me this sale. I'm waiting for sales on Sublevel Zero, Galak-Z, Fran Bow, Kentucky Route Zero, Sunless Sea, Strong Bad.

There were some games I wanted in the sale, but they weren't discounted enough, like Republique, Celestian Tales, Grim Fandango, Quake, Quake 3

Danny Dudekisser

Well, that's cool. I'll definitely pick up Sins of a Solar Empire when it hits.

In the meantime, are the Gal Civ games worth getting?

Tizoc

Figured I'd mention this here: Crypt of the Necrodancer is releasing in Japan but will have a crossover with Spike Chunsoft; the game will feature SC characters including Shiren and Monokuma
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1145045
Hopefully these additions make to the PC release as well.

Personally I'm hoping this announcement is a thinly veiled hint at DanganRonpa releasing on PC, cuz you know you want that crazy bear in your drm-free life.
Taunting you with a cd key every time your run the game~

mclem

Another sale! This time focussing on games exclusive to GoG. Which means this is the first time the Gold Box games have been discounted, I think.

(Also on sale: A bundle of the Infinity Engine-era D&D games, a bundle of the Trek games, a bundle of the Warhammer games, and individual discounts on the various parts of the Witcher franchise, including 3 for the first time)

Wondering if that's worth making a thread for or at least bumping the thread for the previous sale, but that might just be because I'm delighted to finally pick up the Gold Box games and getting a bit overwhelmed!

(How was The Witcher Adventure Game in the end? That's got a very high discount)

Danny Dudekisser

Not like the new releases have been anything to write home about for the last month or so, but they're really doing everything they can to avoid putting up something new, it feels like.

Edit: Oh, nevermind. They just released some generic point-and-click from Nordic Games.

I give up.

Dice

Holy fuck they literally opened with everything I'd be interested in, but I won't even have my PC set back up for some time. Must practice self control...

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
I was looking through their library and I saw the first 3 SWAT games. Does anyone know how to play SWAT 4, other than with a physical copy?

Persona7

Banned
Apparently the Duke Nukem games are being removed from steam soon and will probably be pulled from GOG as well.

I was looking through their library and I saw the first 3 SWAT games. Does anyone know how to play SWAT 4, other than with a physical copy?

It is not available for purchase digitally. I think because of licensing issues or something like that.

Tizoc

Hmm Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 is $3.99 over at gog.com
But apparently it was $2 last year.
Decisions decisions...

Figured I'd mention this here: Crypt of the Necrodancer is releasing in Japan but will have a crossover with Spike Chunsoft; the game will feature SC characters including Shiren and Monokuma
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1145045
Hopefully these additions make to the PC release as well.

Personally I'm hoping this announcement is a thinly veiled hint at DanganRonpa releasing on PC, cuz you know you want that crazy bear in your drm-free life.
Taunting you with a cd key every time your run the game~

GODDAMNIT NOW I GOTTA BUY THIS (if if it's ever in a localized version)

Recent leaks suggest that Danganronpa 1 and 2 *are* getting a PC version,so that makes sense too.

Persona7

Banned
I just realized Titan Souls was on sale and not just the special edition upgrade that was displayed on the front page so I missed it.

It will probably come back before the sale is over.

Tizoc

Fuuuuuuck all those Arc Sys published games on Steam need to come to gog.com too, those are some really good fighting games, also Kunio.

Dice

I just realized Titan Souls was on sale and not just the special edition upgrade that was displayed on the front page so I missed it.

It will probably come back before the sale is over.
Yeah GOG usually ends a sale with bringing back every deal.

Danny Dudekisser

Fuuuuuuck all those Arc Sys published games on Steam need to come to gog.com too, those are some really good fighting games, also Kunio.

Well, the good news is that there's a lot of discontent on GOG's forums these days about the sheer amount of good stuff they refuse, so hopefully they'll wise up before too long and bring in some of these games.

Le sigh. Kinda sucks they're the only real DRM-free game store out there. If another one happened to appear that actually carried this sorta stuff, I'd probably never spend another dime on GOG. I've never seen a store so stubbornly refuse to take my money.

Danny Dudekisser

Humble?
(For non-Uplay/Steam only titles, obviously)

Which covers very few games. There's a few games on there that aren't on GOG, like Limbo and Cave Story, but it's not a particularly effective solution. GOG's the only one really pushing the DRM-free agenda... just in a very limiting way.

Top Bottom