• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

gold gift expired notirfication your reaction??

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
giphy.gif

28f80595d4527274b4b654a12e4a820a.gif

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
50/50. I love gold. But when I go back to normal I like that I can let a thread open and not fear that it will update and make me loose where I am when I want to read it again.

I swear the ads are more intrusive.

Not full page but a lot of pop down adverts awooo.
Yeah, I noticed that too. My gold just expired and I was kind of surprised how many swipe ads were in the mix, legitimately saw 6 swipe ads interspersed between GAF posts on the first page. Did a refresh and it seemed to dwindle down a bit, but I was surprised to say the least.

x1

near

Gold Member
Yeah, I noticed that too. My gold just expired and I was kind of surprised how many swipe ads were in the mix, legitimately saw 6 swipe ads interspersed between GAF posts on the first page. Did a refresh and it seemed to dwindle down a bit, but I was surprised to say the least.
I find using GAF on my mobile without Gold incredibly difficult because of the intrusive ads. I feel like I can post more often now.

Someone gifted gold to this light theme user?

I wouldn't want gold from anyone that would gift gold to a light theme rat.
Light theme is the best. Closest we’re getting to the old design of the forum.

Scotty W

Gold Member
It is morally wrong to beg fo gold! It bespeaks a fundamental dishonesty of character that you would just say what someone wants to hear just for GOLD!!!

x1

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The begging is out of hand. One thing also is my coffee maker died

I have one of those combination Cure Egg that has the K-cups and the 13 cup pot. I don't even know what the hell happened. I got it for 30 NEW at the Goodwill nearby and it was a steal since it was at least 200USD new.

I was going to make a thread but this is a good place to ask, what reasonable but tried and true coffee maker is the "Brother" of coffee machines? I'm not talking that expresso stuff I want a good brewer without breaking the bank.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The begging is out of hand. One thing also is my coffee maker died

I have one of those combination Cure Egg that has the K-cups and the 13 cup pot. I don't even know what the hell happened. I got it for 30 NEW at the Goodwill nearby and it was a steal since it was at least 200USD new.

I was going to make a thread but this is a good place to ask, what reasonable but tried and true coffee maker is the "Brother" of coffee machines? I'm not talking that expresso stuff I want a good brewer without breaking the bank.
Nespresso for automated coffee.

Mikado

Gold Member
Since the rest of this thread has been a bit of a bust, let's talk about automated coffee machines for a minute.

EviLore EviLore where/who are you getting your Nespresso pods from? The wife got a Vertuo a while back and while it makes good espressos, the only pods we've found are either the Nescafe brand ones or Starbucks (both are ok, but sometimes you wanna play the field a bit).

x1

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Since the rest of this thread has been a bit of a bust, let's talk about automated coffee machines for a minute.

EviLore EviLore where/who are you getting your Nespresso pods from? The wife got a Vertuo a while back and while it makes good espressos, the only pods we've found are either the Nescafe brand ones or Starbucks (both are ok, but sometimes you wanna play the field a bit).
I have a manual espresso machine but I’ve used the Nespresso elsewhere and it’s solid. Only tried the Nespresso branded pods.

Mikado

Gold Member
To bring this discussion full circle and sort-of back on the topic of Gold:

Lavazza used to make pods for the OG Nespresso, but they don't for the Vertuo, which seems like a missed opportunity to me, since the Vertuo is definitely more espresso-focused.

71dLnJEvc1L.jpg

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Top Bottom